Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

MEGANE CC

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2006, 10:26 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MEGANE CC

Has anyone had any experiance of these cars? went to look at one today for the wife and i must say im very impressed by them. ive always been a bit wary of french cars so was wondering what peoples views are of them. the one we looked at was a year old and it was the diesel model top of the range as well with everything except leather (which you dont reallt want in my view as with the roof down the seats get bloody hot).
Old 12 June 2006, 07:28 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

anyone got any experiance of a megane cc then?????
Old 12 June 2006, 08:19 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

Obviously not
Old 12 June 2006, 09:07 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

looks that way doesnt it
Old 13 June 2006, 06:50 PM
luke m
Scooby Regular

i saw one, being driven once

if you must have a four seat cabriolet, buy whichever second hand audi the money will afford instead. merc, saab or bim bimmer at a push if you're really desperate but want less image

ps if you're serious about the megane cc, have you also considered the chrysler pt convertible

cheers
Old 13 June 2006, 07:29 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

probably not what you are looking for, but I have a megane hatch. despite all the ribbing i got on here they are good to drive and very comfortable.
looks are a matter of taste though, but it grew on me.

the diesel engines pull very well and i get about 55mpg average, and thats on a/b roads and round town.

if i can help with any of the non convertible aspects feel free to pm me, e.g. build quality and the like.

dave
Old 13 June 2006, 10:01 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave1980
probably not what you are looking for, but I have a megane hatch. despite all the ribbing i got on here they are good to drive and very comfortable.
looks are a matter of taste though, but it grew on me.

the diesel engines pull very well and i get about 55mpg average, and thats on a/b roads and round town.

if i can help with any of the non convertible aspects feel free to pm me, e.g. build quality and the like.

dave
thanks dave for your comments its the diesel we were looking at as well . 55mpg would be very usefull for the misses as she does a high mileage going to work. we both really like the looks of the cc and i know if theres one thing the frenchys are good at its making cars that are comfortable. as for the other persons comments i never asked about looks i was asking about ownership experiances but hey its your time your wasting not anyone elses by posting!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14 June 2006, 12:41 PM
luke m
Scooby Regular

actually, you asked if anyone had any experience of one, so although limited, i felt qualified to give a response.

to be honest, my next door neighbour has one and i have suspicions she's a lesbian

so they are either driven by men who want to look like women or by women who want to be men

isn't that ironic!?
Old 14 June 2006, 01:10 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

dare i ask what car you drive then?. i only chose it as i liked the looks, its comfortable and comes with a lot more extras than something like a focus or astra.

And i certainly dont want to be a women!, just something that looks different which in the world of all todays rep mobiles is a good thing.

not to mention the 5 star safety rating!.

i also drive a classic impreza at the weekends, so do i still want to be women?.

couldnt really give a toss about what other people think of it, sure there are many things people can say about who drives what sort of car. think all of it s a load of crap.
Old 14 June 2006, 01:45 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Remember that the French cars are always in the "Worst Category" on surveys, JD Power, TG, What Car etc.
Old 14 June 2006, 01:56 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

so are some german cars!.

never had a problem with mine, much more reliable than my last ford company car.
Old 14 June 2006, 07:43 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

thanks lads for the replys except the fella up a few posts who i think drives a fiat multipla . i think renault are finally getting there act together cos since the likes of the new megane has come along they finally seem to of turned the corner. the thing thats always let most manufactorers down is there dealer networks which i must say after my experiance the otherday of enquiring about the cc for my wife has not been bettered at all, if it wasnt for the salesman in the used car section i would not even be considering one of these cars. thanks dave for you help and the other chap who pointed out about jd power. for the money i really dont think you can beat a car like the cc and i must say IMO its one of the best looking cc,s
Old 15 June 2006, 08:08 AM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

no problem, glad to help. my experience with the dealers has been good so far.
Old 15 June 2006, 12:31 PM
luke m
Scooby Regular

sorry all, i was only referring to the cc when i came out with my juvenile jibes. i actually think the megane hatch, in 3 door guise, is still an amazing looking car & i have been considering the 225 trophy once prices fall.

in my opinion, the cc has little in relation to the megane hatch - includes none of the hatches positives which just serves to promote the negatives for which renault is famous for. oh..& i don't like cabriolets either.

sorry for being a grumpy bear, think spending too long on sn moulds you like that!
Old 15 June 2006, 09:30 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

I had one for a while as the office car.... I was kind of glad when we got the modus back (which I despise with a vengance).

I don't know why I hated it... But I can say it only had 2 good points compared to the modus (a hatefull little car which I try to kill daily);

1, the roof comes off
2, is doesn't have a digital dash

The boot is an ok size when the roof is up, and the rear seats are next to useless with the roof up.. think (almost) audi TT bad, and takes a good bit of contortionism to remove yourself from

No particularly bad points other than it being a completely pointless vehicle with extremely limited function.
Old 15 June 2006, 10:45 PM
moneys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5_245
I had one for a while as the office car.... I was kind of glad when we got the modus back (which I despise with a vengance).

I don't know why I hated it... But I can say it only had 2 good points compared to the modus (a hatefull little car which I try to kill daily);

1, the roof comes off
2, is doesn't have a digital dash

The boot is an ok size when the roof is up, and the rear seats are next to useless with the roof up.. think (almost) audi TT bad, and takes a good bit of contortionism to remove yourself from

No particularly bad points other than it being a completely pointless vehicle with extremely limited function.
cheers mate my wife is only small so the space is no problem really as i wont be using it, its just really problems im asking about like anything to look out for really? thanks for the posts though guys going to look at a few more this weekend
Old 15 June 2006, 11:20 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

That I can't say, only had it a week or 2.
Old 15 June 2006, 11:25 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Looks OK, IMHO. Far nicer than the 307CC.
Old 15 June 2006, 11:26 PM
Brother_Will
Scooby Regular

Our Cashier bought one 3 months back and its spent more time in the garage than it has on the road (Electrical and Brake and Engine Faults) she wishes that she had waited for the Focus CC now.
Old 16 June 2006, 07:46 AM
forest172
Scooby Regular

I actually had the 19dci version dynamic on a 05 reg on contract hire for the firm for 12 months. I drove it a few times but it was for the wife and my mum to share.

My view.

To drive - boat like ride but does soak up the bumps very well, poor driving position naff handling. Diesel engine is a peech really pulls very well and great mpg.

The wife and my mother`s opinions - Quick, Don`t have to put as much fuel in as the car I replaced it with (BMW 116i SPORT) Great with the roof down when we get chance with the rubbish english weather. It rattles like a bag of spanners.(which I agree with)

Overall verdict if your into the roof down thing it`s great. But with the roof up you`re better off with the normal megane, the back is very uncomfortable for adults for any journey more than 5 mins. Really does have a rattling roof, but what do you expect it`s french with a folding roof!!

Over 12months the only thing that went wrong was a broken fuel cap, which to be fair we thought we could have broke. Cost £80 to repair.

Any questions feel free!!

Last edited by forest172; 16 June 2006 at 07:49 AM.