Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

95 Honda CRX not starting

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2007, 11:43 AM
ScoobyMaz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Honda CRX not starting

My brother in law drives a Honda CRX Del Sol. He filled up with petrol at a BP garage last week, drove about 3 miles then stopped at a roundabout. As he pulled away, the car stopped and now won't start up. Have checked most of the usual problems and found that the rotar arm had ceased up. Put a new one on but it still won't spark. Any thoughts?
Old 07 May 2007, 01:54 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

il try and make this simple you need 3 things to make combustion: fuel, spark, compression.take 1 away and it wont work.

i doubt its compression so look at the ignition...remove 1 spark plug from the engine but leave it attached to the ignition lead now hold it close to the engine and use a glove so you dont get a shock and get your bro to turn the engine over can you see a spark at the plug?if your not getting a spark you have to trace it back from the leads to the distrubutor then check to see if theres a voltage being sent to the distributor then check back to the coil maybe thats the problem but you get the idea.if theres novoltage being sent to the coil then it sounds like an imoboliser fault.

if your getting a spark then i suspect a faulty fuel pump.
let me know how you get on its just basically eliminating everything until you find the cause