SEAT UK

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2008, 11:42 AM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SEAT UK

Guys,

Can you answer this question for me please?

My sister has a 2005 LCR that requires some warranty work. The warranty expires in May.

Now my sister and brother in law have phoned two different garages to be told that they may not be able to fix the car as there are no more parts left in stock anywhere!
They said that once the new LEON came in to production that all the old parts were sold off to the other VAG companys. So the older shape LEON will now not have the parts to be put on it?

That is rubbish isn't it? they must have some stock left in the UK?

They also said that the they will not replace the CAT on the car as it is not a warranty issue. I find that hard to swallow when the car does only motorway driving weeks days and the odd shopping run at the weekends? The CAT has been replaced once already when the car was in for a service.
They cannot replace the n/s/f arch lining as its a different shape to the new car and is not a warranty issue.
And there are some other odd niggly bits to be attended too.

Can anyone answer if this is the case with SEAT UK please?

Thanks
Steve
Old 17 January 2008, 11:57 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Try asking here mate, they should be able to tell you about the individual issues

SEAT Cupra.net
Old 17 January 2008, 04:21 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Yes there talking rubbish. All OEM manufacturers have agreements in place with The tiered suppliers, (thats the piece parts that make a car, oems rarely make all the components of a car.

Normally the arrangement is the lifespan of the vehicle & 10 years after production ceases, to allow for spares etc.

I think your dealers may be trying to delay so the warranty runs out.

a mail to there head office and a call/ mail to autotrader, local press may help somewhat

Mart
Old 17 January 2008, 07:55 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I seem to remember it's an eu rule or something. I had it once with a part for a 5 yo fiat and there were none globally and I had to wait for them to be remanufactured in India but was told not to worry as they had an obligation to make them.