Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Lexus GS 450h

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2010, 02:39 PM
Dr.No
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus GS 450h

Just been looking at options for replacing my daily drive - a VW Passat TDI estate - and have now got a Lexus GS 450h hybrid coming my way.

A friend of mine suggested the GS a few weeks ago, and I must admit that my initial reaction was "Oh no chance, awful thing...", but then I saw one in the flesh and more recently have sat in one and driven it. What a fantastic piece of kit!

I was originally thinking along the standard E-class diesel, 535D, Jag XF line - but comparing the GS to these it's superb value for money, fantastic performance (better even than the 535D and approaching straight line performance of my Scoob) and more gadgets than I can shake a stick at.

When I first started looking at them, the idea that it did 0-60 in 5.9s, 155 mph (limited) and yet still achieved around 37MPG appealed - but the CVT gearbox certainly didn't. However, having now driven one I can say that the CVT is a big plus and definitely not a minus - my Passat 'kicks down', makes a bloody racket, etc. etc. - whereas the Lexus just goes... smoothly and continually - it just keeps on accelerating... fast!

Anyone else got one, and can share any experiences or 'issues'? Right now I can't wait for it to be delivered on Friday. I've also decided to treat it to a new reg, so bought "L3 HYB" very cheaply - but hopefully will look great on the car (I wanted G5 HYB but the Lexus dealer that I bought it from has just told me that they already own it).

Finally - would anyone be interested in a lovely VW Passat TDI PD 130 Highline auto estate with 80K on the clock in metallic black????? LOL.

Roll on Friday!

DN
Old 27 October 2010, 06:37 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That LF-A looks tasty !

Sorry , im sure yours will be damn comfortable and reliable