Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

206 hdi cat......

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2011, 05:11 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 206 hdi cat......

Hi our 206 HDi is in desperate need of a new exhaust. I hadn't realised they had a cat fitted until I rang around for prices
Anybody know of a cheap exhaust suppliers where I can source a whole system?

Also does anyone know if you can 'legally as in still pass an MOT" de-cat a diesel??
Old 26 September 2011, 05:25 PM
R1CH D
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a straight through exhaust on my old td5 discovery and never failed. It's more of a smoke test than emissions AFAIK.
Old 27 September 2011, 04:44 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BLU
Hi our 206 HDi is in desperate need of a new exhaust. I hadn't realised they had a cat fitted until I rang around for prices
Anybody know of a cheap exhaust suppliers where I can source a whole system?

Also does anyone know if you can 'legally as in still pass an MOT" de-cat a diesel??
At the moment you shouldn't have an issue with decatting it. Though consider two things.
1/ MOT changes may mean the decat will fail an MOT in the near future. But the jury's out on what changes will be implemented at the moment.

2/ Will the decat cause it to blow up? Do some research but generally, if your car is standard without a remap or other power/boost/fuel increasing device, then it should be OK. Main danger would be if it was remapped as standard but you then decatted it. That's been known to result in overspeed/overboost on some platforms.

Apart from that, is the cat itself failing or falling apart? I'd have thought that there'd be provision for replacing exhaust bits without chucking the cat too.

J.
Old 27 September 2011, 04:53 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Actually scratch that previous lot. The term you need is "CAT repair pipe". Seen them on ebay and other online exhaust places.

Allows the exhaust to be cut behind the cat. The repair pipe has a flared section that clamps oover the existing pipe.

J.
Old 27 September 2011, 01:16 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the advice vindaloo. Car is standard so de-cat would prob be ok however I've seen the possible MOT changes and don't think I'll risk it tbh.
The cat has been badly repaired at the welded joint and the flex hose (before the cat) is leaking so the whole centre section inc cat needs replacing Might as well do the back box whist I'm at it!