Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Toyota Yaris T Sport - Anyone own one?

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2002, 06:40 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been trying over the last few weeks to try and import a Yaris T Sport from Europe.

However despite many guarantees that the car is 100% UK spec, I have managed to disprove this whether the car is being sold at import agencies, car supermarkets, foreign dealers etc.

The main things missing from an import car are all or most of these:

Thatcham 1 Alarm
Deadlocks
Colour Coded Rear Spoiler
Colour coded skirts
Cd player
Locking wheel nuts
Front Fog lamps
Rear fog lamps
Security Window etching
1 years free membership to Club Toyota including 1 years breakdown cover
Choice of colour, no Thunder Grey for example.

By the time you add in the above (not sure about deadlocks?) and the cost of travel, ferry crossing, phone calls etc, the car's price is not too far behind the price I have negotiated at a local UK Toyota dealer!

So has anyone bought a T Sport as an import and can tell me what was missing from the car and where they got the car from, supermarket, import agency, eu dealer etc and the price paid?

Also has anyone managed to get a FULL UK spec car new, for a lot less than the UK price you can get at a UK dealer, around £11,250 after heavy negotiations!!

Many many thanks in advance.
Old 18 May 2002, 09:49 PM
Moose the MOT man
Scooby Newbie

Have you tried trade sales www.tradesales.co.uk (?)

They talk £9500
Old 19 May 2002, 12:54 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

As far as I am aware the T-Sport is a European-wide model. Unlike the SR that is a UK only model that we recently imported thru Litchfields, only to find that the equivalent Euro model has no alloys, back box, spoiler, locking wheel nuts or SR badges.

Litchfields are sorting this out as I paid for a UK spec SR so that is what I will get.

Dave
Old 20 May 2002, 01:47 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Druddle,

Any importer should know that the 1.3 SR when imported, needs to be brought up to full UK spec with the addition of the parts you mention i.e. alloys, back box, spoiler, locking wheel nuts and SR badges.

The big Belgian dealers include this so when you ask for a 1.3 SR for export you get the price including the alloys etc. Likewise all quotes from Holland should include the UK pack or the dealers will at least make you aware of its inclusion to bring the car to full UK spec.
I'm guessing that you didn't get your car from either of these countrys as even if your importer made that mistake, the dealer shouldn't have. So I guess you bought from Denmark, lured by the cheap prices but little did you know, your seemingly cheap 1.3SR didn't include the UK pack......bummer. I think the parts in the UK add up to about £1500, maybe more. Just be glad your not paying for it.

laters

fris

Old 20 May 2002, 02:51 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

fris

You are right it came from Denmark.

Dave
Old 22 May 2002, 11:54 AM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

I have a Yaris T-Sport in thunder grey and got it via Lloyds MotorDirect.. they were £50 per month cheaper than my local dealer..the dealer wasn't interested in a deal.. he said he could sell all he could get.. fair enought

Mine is a Uk spec car.. and it's magic!!

Dave
Old 22 May 2002, 01:13 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Now when you say UK spec does it have the deadlocks built into the alarm fob? Window etching? In fact if you can answer my questions in the first post then that would be excellent.

How much did you pay for the car, ie what was the outright price on the car if you paid cash? I plan to pay cash and I want a 100% UK spec for my money with nothing missing. The dealers won't go much below £11,500 for a Chilli Red Colour and around £11,800 for the Thunder Grey. However I have seen full UK cars for £11,300 and £11,600 but imported they are much cheaper.

So any comments/help/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.
Old 22 May 2002, 02:55 PM
DaveS6
Scooby Regular

Mine has all that you list.. alarm, Cd, dead locks..(you push the key fob twice to activate this), air con, discs all round, electric mirrors and windows etc plus membership to toyota club etc..

I expect tunder grey is more money because it is in more demand.. I had to wait a month longer because it is a special colour.. I do agree that it's looks better in thunder grey and it's only availble in T-Sport.

I bought mine for my wife on a PCP.. paid about a £2300 deposit then pay £195 per month for 3 years with a sum to pay at the end (can't remember how much that is).. I know that it costs me less per week than running my Audi S6 around town (14mpg!!)

I've had mine a year now.. the local dealer wasn't interested in a deal and was even going to charge me raod tax and for a full tank of fuel.. that's why I went with Lloyds bank. Go to the Lloyds home page and you will see a link to motor direct. They source UK cars from a dealer in the South east.

I would say to you: get one!!!.. as a small town car it is by far the best I've ever had.. superb build quality and zippy too.. I've suprised a few people in it.. he he

Dave

[Edited by DaveS6 - 5/22/2002 3:01:48 PM]

[Edited by DaveS6 - 5/22/2002 3:03:06 PM]
Old 23 May 2002, 05:52 AM
dba
Scooby Regular

Agreed daveS6,its a great little car for the missus,i forced mine in it as well so I could be a hooligan when shes not looking.(oh er!)I got a shiney blue one for her on a pcp for £11400 last year for £250 p/m no deposit at all.