Notices
Other Marques This forum contains only cars offered for sale by our members.

Porsche 944 Lux, for sale or trade

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2011, 12:30 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche 944 Lux, for sale or trade

Here with regret is my lovely 1986 Garnet red Porsche 944, I really wanted to keep hold of this a little longer but we have just had a new baby daughter and as you will see in the pics there are only 3 seat belts, and we couldnt get a seat to fit her in until shes 9 months old.

The car has had the all important cam belt and balance belt changed just last october, this is documented.

Tax and mot until october, I also had a pre mot at the same time as the service and nothing was highlighted as needing doing at that time (2 months ago).

There is an impressive service history included with the car, including a 3 inch thick folder of reciepts spreading back over the last 25 years. hopefully its pictured below if I have listed this correctly.

The car has just a few mild modifications, they are a nice (in my opinion) alloy and wooden steering wheel with a polished centre (comes with the original too), a stainless exhaust system which delivers a wonderful exhaust note when you give the car some beans, and finally a throttle cam which helps deliver a more consistant acceleration.

As covered above the car does have a full service history backed up by a seperate folder with thousands upon thosands of pounds worth of reciepts dating back over the life of the car.

Also I am including the number plate as part of the same, but I am happy to remove it and sell it seperate for a different asking price, I have a valuation from a popular reg transfer company valuing the plate at £1650. they actually offered to buy the plate from me for £1000 minus the transfer fees, I think it goes well with the car though and the majority of the service history ties into this number so I am seeing if it generates interest as is.

I had the car serviced just 2 months ago with oil and plugs, at the same time I had a new battery and also 4 tyres, needless to say the car start runs and drives great and as you can see by the pictures below it has a good oil pressure, the car as it is in the pictures has just been for a run and is warm and still shows just over 4 at idle.

There are no dodgy noises from the rear end, and the sticker inside the boot is still intact, and the car is fully hpi clear, feel free to check but I do have a certficate from when I purchased it.

The car qualifies for classic car insurance and currently costs me £112 fully comp with a 5k a year allowance, also it dosent require ncb as mine is tied up in my other car.

Finally the dreaded bad bits, the drivers side seat bolster has a hole in it (pictured), it is repairable and I have details of a person who can re do the seat in the original material for just £80 or just recently I saw a full set of the same seats for £150 which were perfect, however as I do in all my cars I just put a seat cover over them and you cant see it.

There is also a stone chip on the badge panel which has now been treated but has some surface rust around the edge of it, this didnt worry me to much as we all know this panel is the easiest to replace and probably the cheapest too.

And last the stone protectors on the sill and tip of the rear wing has seen much better days, it looks like they have had new ones put over the top of the old ones and they dont look the best.

I am looking for £2750, I will consider watches or a watch upto that value or a watch plus cash or a car, or a car plus cash, also willing to sell the plate seperate for £1250 cash all in. and the car for £1650.

pictures taken last week.

All cars considered, but would like a cabriolet for the summer or a road legal quad.

live in Derbyshire.
Old 24 July 2011, 03:09 PM
neill70
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks fantastic, would you be interested in a swap with my scooby wagon?
its in the for sale section
not bothered about the plate just the car.

cheers
neill

Last edited by neill70; 24 July 2011 at 10:00 PM. Reason: added info
Old 27 July 2011, 08:10 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Cheers ile take a look
Old 02 August 2011, 09:25 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

price drop to £2350 ono incl.
Old 10 August 2011, 11:42 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

open to sensible offers, im taking the plate off so all offers welcome.