ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   why are our cars so bad on gas? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1030539-why-are-our-cars-so-bad-on-gas.html)

neil-h 20 October 2015 07:02 PM

Congratulations gentleman, we made 10 pages. :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello: we've done Tubby Tommy proud :lol1:

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 07:12 PM

Oh dear ive just put a bid in for a blob WRX for sale on Ebay:brickwall I really need a estate/wagon to put my dogs in the back, and I cant think of anything cheaper/better for the money plus I dont want anything too nice that will get messy with the dogs!!!;)

So STi's/Evo's/Supercars in the WV12 area watch out!!:D

Steve001 20 October 2015 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11751435)
Congratulations gentleman, we made 10 pages. :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello::luxhello: we've done Tubby Tommy proud :lol1:

10 pages of dribble for the most part :freak3:

RS_Matt 20 October 2015 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11751441)
Oh dear ive just put a bid in for a blob WRX for sale on Ebay:brickwall I really need a estate/wagon to put my dogs in the back, and I cant think of anything cheaper/better for the money plus I dont want anything too nice that will get messy with the dogs!!!;)

So STi's/Evo's/Supercars in the WV12 area watch out!!:D

Did my mate's 380bhp EVO 5 with just 260bhp.

Filmed too!

jayallen 20 October 2015 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11751467)
Did my mate's 380bhp EVO 5 with just 260bhp.

Filmed too!

I've owned all 3 cars that you have mentioned in this thread, a Newage WRX, a Newage STI and an EVO 5....I can categorically state, a Newage WRX with 260bhp would get absolutely annihilated by a 380bhp EVO...Fact!

They are not even in the same league! Matt, you really are a fool.

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751469)
I've owned all 3 cars that you have mentioned in this thread, a Newage WRX, a Newage STI and an EVO 5....I can categorically state, a Newage WRX with 260bhp would get absolutely annihilated by a 380bhp EVO...Fact!

They are not even in the same league! Matt, you really are a fool.

Having owned 3 Evo's(2 modified and 1 standard 6 GSR) A 260bhp WRX would not even keep up with the standard Evo 6 GSR, I think a 300bhp newage WRX would struggle to be honest!!!

jayallen 20 October 2015 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11751471)
Having owned 3 Evo's(2 modified and 1 standard 6 GSR) A 260bhp WRX would not even keep up with the standard Evo 6 GSR, I think a 300bhp newage WRX would struggle to be honest!!!

He filmed it, so it must be true.......

silver-sub 20 October 2015 08:05 PM

Oh god now it's WRX vs Evo..
What's next? WRX vs GTR?

Steve001 20 October 2015 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by silver-sub (Post 11751476)
What's next? WRX vs GTR?

Nope...... WRX vs

THE WORLD! :lol1:

Steve001 20 October 2015 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41410

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by silver-sub (Post 11751476)
What's next? WRX vs GTR?

Awaits the stories of how a WRX is faster then a R35 GTR:brickwall

silver-sub 20 October 2015 08:27 PM

Lol!
What a thread, enjoyed every bit of it!
Scoobynet is alive!

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 08:43 PM

I'm seriously struggling to believe you guys are such crap drivers that you can't peddle a car well enough to stay with something that has a mere 100bhp advantage, I'm finally starting to understand why you're all so power hungry.

It's because you can't drive for sh1t. :lol1:

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751493)
I'm seriously struggling to believe you guys are such crap drivers that you can't peddle a car well enough to stay with something that has a mere 100bhp advantage, I'm finally starting to understand why you're all so power hungry.

I taught Lewis Hamilton to drive before he got into F1 cars, and one time at Formula one training school I got asked to race a season for Ferrari but I turned it down as I didn't want to give up my day job of driving trucks, but I was that good that they said they couldn't teach me anything as I already know everything!!;)

And I also got kicked out the SAS as I used to bully the other guys!!!:thumb:

jayallen 20 October 2015 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751493)

Show us your track driving pics Senna......I mean, you must have loads!

jayallen 20 October 2015 09:19 PM

.....oh and you still never mentioned how those engines you started building just over three years ago were coming along.

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751515)
.....oh and you still never mentioned how those engines you started building just over three years ago were coming along.

:lol1:

You must lead such a sad life, lift engineering. Completed it. :lol1:

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11751508)
I taught Lewis Hamilton to drive before he got into F1 cars, and one time at Formula one training school I got asked to race a season for Ferrari but I turned it down as I didn't want to give up my day job of driving trucks, but I was that good that they said they couldn't teach me anything as I already know everything!!;)

And I also got kicked out the SAS as I used to bully the other guys!!!:thumb:

So you learned all that stuck at 60mph behind other trucks on the motorway, great skills.

NOT! you're just another muppet that can't drive for toffee, so judge everyone else by your own standards. :lol1:

jayallen 20 October 2015 09:45 PM

I thought so, just another tall tale along with your mapping ;)

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 10729396)

I have built one engine and it's sweet as a nut, i shall be building another two soon, people said that was a science, but to be honest it's easy, really easy and you don't even need a lot of tools to do it, and i'll be fcuked if i'm letting anyone map them but myself, at least then if they blow up i'll know why and who to blame.;)

engine building...Not Completed it, not even started it :lol1::lol1:

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751529)
I thought so, just another tall tale along with your mapping ;)

:lol1::lol1:

:lol1::lol1: Right back at you :lol1: you really are very pathetic, searching for old threads, how much of your evening does that take up :lol1: what's your Mrs doing while you're stuck on here following me around and digging up old threads.

You do realise that you're just making yourself look sad as fcuk, oops probably not, after all you've been a lift engineer all your life, your parents must be so proud. :lol1:

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751528)
So you learned all that stuck at 60mph behind other trucks on the motorway, great skills.

NOT! you're just another muppet that can't drive for toffee, so judge everyone else by your own standards. :lol1:

Its 56mph:hjtwofing

So are you doing the new series of Top Gear??? Being the Stig and all that!!!:lol1: or are you to busy renovating your 5 properties and jet setting round the world:sleep:

jayallen 20 October 2015 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751532)

You do realise that you're just making yourself look sad as fcuk,

No, I'm just showing you up for what you are.....An internet dreamer :thumb:

neil-h 20 October 2015 09:58 PM

Come on 11 pages. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751538)
No, I'm just showing you up for what you are.....An internet dreamer :thumb:

No, you're being an internet stalker, following a bloke around a subaru website and commenting on his every post, digging up his old posts. ;)

Just saying. :thumb:

jayallen 20 October 2015 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751546)
No, you're being an internet stalker, following a bloke around a subaru website and commenting on his every post, digging up his old posts. ;)

Just saying. :thumb:

Yeh you keeping believing that Mr Mitty..:lol1:

Anyway........My work here is done, Peace out :top:

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11751536)
Its 56mph:hjtwofing

So are you doing the new series of Top Gear??? Being the Stig and all that!!!:lol1: or are you to busy renovating your 5 properties and jet setting round the world:sleep:

Nah, the jet setting was quite a few years ago now, these days I just fly and drive across Europe a few times a year, last big trip was India a couple of years ago when my Mrs & kid were out there for a year secondment, did the darjeeling toy train, Kashmere and a few other places like the once highest golf course in the world and old hill stations.

Where have you been recently?

Just the one farm house, in Croatia. What have you been up to when you're not teaching Lewis how to drive a truck at 56mph. :wonder:

ditchmyster 20 October 2015 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751550)
Yeh you keeping believing that Mr Mitty..:lol1:

Anyway........My work here is done, Peace out :top:

The only work you have done here is show everyone what a sad act you are. ;)

Mr NVQ, major life achievement = lift engineer and internet stalker. :lol1:

scoobyboy1 20 October 2015 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751551)

Nah, the jet setting was quite a few years ago now, these days I just fly and drive across Europe a few times a year, last big trip was India a couple of years ago when my Mrs & kid were out there for a year secondment, did the darjeeling toy train, Kashmere and a few other places like the once highest golf course in the world and old hill stations.

Where have you been recently?

Just the one farm house, in Croatia. What have you been up to when you're not teaching Lewis how to drive a truck at 56mph. :wonder:

Just come back from Guardalavaca in Cuba, well last month I did!!

Ive also lived 7 years in Bielefeld Germany so haven't been stuck in the UK all my life, been to plenty of places in the world that I haven't the need to tell everyone about!!

jayallen 20 October 2015 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11751553)
The only work you have done here is show everyone what a sad act you are. ;)

Mr NVQ, major life achievement = lift engineer and internet stalker. :lol1:

Fortunately the trade needs qualifications, it won't let any old handy man in....:lol1::lol1::lol1:

neil-h 20 October 2015 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11751565)
Fortunately the trade needs qualifications, it won't let any old handy man in....:lol1::lol1::lol1:

Shame the job titles don't match the qualifications isn't it ;)