ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   WRX vs STI (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/990696-wrx-vs-sti.html)

RS_Matt 25 November 2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11275386)
So your WRX is quicker then a Evo with worn exhaust valves!!!:lol1: Brilliant mate

My scooby is quicker then a Bugatti Veyron when its got a flat tyre and the ecu shut down and gone into limp home mode!!!:D

Exhaust valve, not valves (all you STI owners are displaying selective reading traits) meaning 1 cylinder is circa 20% down on compression. The WRX had 50% compression loss on 1 cylinder and 15% on another.

:thumb:

My WRX version is also more expensive to insure than the STI version.

tubbytommy 25 November 2013 09:26 PM

Trololololololololololol

scoobyboy1 25 November 2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11275454)
Exhaust valve, not valves (all you STI owners are displaying selective reading traits) meaning 1 cylinder is circa 20% down on compression. The WRX had 50% compression loss on 1 cylinder and 15% on another.

My WRX version is also more expensive to insure than the STI version.

Put a "S" by accident!!:hjtwofing

Your WRX is bound to be more expensive to insure considering it is quicker then a STi and a Evo(running on 3 cylinders)!!!:Suspiciou

RS_Matt 25 November 2013 09:31 PM

Do STI's run super rich or something?

RS_Matt 25 November 2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1 (Post 11275468)
Put a "S" by accident!!:hjtwofing

Your WRX is bound to be more expensive to insure considering it is quicker then a STi and a Evo(running on 3 cylinders)!!!:Suspiciou

I wanna know why it's bloody more expensive in all honesty!!!

jayallen 25 November 2013 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11275472)

That's an easy one to answer.....If a WRX is written off the insurance company wont make any money from the parts because no one wants them but if an STI is written off they can make their money back selling the parts as upgrades to WRX owners....:thumb:........................:lol1:

scoobyboy1 25 November 2013 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11275472)

Wakefield for a start!!!:D

Full of thieves, people with no insurance or void insurance as they haven't declared modifications etc etc!!!:hjtwofing

Maz 25 November 2013 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by AndyBaker (Post 11275234)
I live next door to a guy that did all the Subaru finance at the local dealers and he said, how many miles will you be doing, I said 25k a year, so he said you'll be better with the W R X with the PPP pack because you will have similar power to the standard STI but you will be able to walk when you get out. I bought the WRX

Then I got an STI :)

Chlamydia or genital warts?

thenewgalaxy 25 November 2013 09:47 PM

Matt you need to get on the Subaru Swap Shop with all the other cnuts who talk out their arses

ditchmyster 25 November 2013 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by tubbytommy (Post 11275394)
did ditchy once have a night out in wakefield and conceive a son that was dropped on his head at birth..............several times?

that explains it case closed.

Funny you should say that, I shagged quite a few birds from that neck of the woods 25/30yrs ago.:lol1:

joshnosh 26 November 2013 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by stuart148 (Post 11275195)
Has the original poster actually had his question answered in between all the bickering?

yes mate it got said on page one I think

I'll tell you though if you missed it
sti's are better than wrx's :-)

stu

Err. No it didn't. If any off you morons could take your heads out off your sti exhaust pipes for long enough to actaly think about what I was asking you wouldn't see wrx and sti in the same sentence and rush to defend your precious sti lol

stuart148 26 November 2013 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11275663)
Err. No it didn't. If any off you morons could take your heads out off your sti exhaust pipes for long enough to actaly think about what I was asking you wouldn't see wrx and sti in the same sentence and rush to defend your precious sti lol

calm down Mr nosh

some one pointed out all the different bits on page 2/3 ( I think)

f1_fan 26 November 2013 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11275663)

Look sunshine, the regular posters on here don't take kindly to being called morons by some 'Johnny Come Lately'!

You only earn the right to call someone a moron if you have at least 5000 posts.... you moron! ;) :lol1:

exevo3 26 November 2013 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11275345)
I put my 225bhp WRX against my outgoing 261bhp EV0 4, and the WRX was considerably faster, it also felt just as fast as my mates 280bhp Classic WRX. The EVO had a worn exhaust valve diagnosed by NR Autosport but a trip to TRL sorted the fueling out so the car was running pretty sweet considering.

My standard WRX looked bloody awful though.

thats total ****...enless that E4 was dieing a big death..and at 261bhp it was down on power anyway...

no standard wrx would touch any evo.... this is a fact:thumb:

exevo3 26 November 2013 09:06 AM

[quote=53;11275374]V2 JDM GC8 WRX's don't really qualify for this argument mate. ;) firstly they come better spec'd from factory being a proper Impreza ;) and secondly they were pretty much the same Spec anyway :) You would need to compare the UK2000 with it's tiny TD04 :)[/quote

yesss!!! i have a proper impreza!!! and it doesnt have a pink badge!! hmm this could be a modd for next year...:hjtwofing

jayallen 26 November 2013 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11275643)
Funny you should say that, I shagged quite a few birds from that neck of the woods 25/30yrs ago.:lol1:

Lucky girls.....:lol1:

Ive only just seen the pics of your type r.......Nice inlet manifold.....:eek: :lol1:

ditchmyster 26 November 2013 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11275770)
Lucky girls.....:lol1:

Ive only just seen the pics of your type r.......Nice inlet manifold.....:eek: :lol1:

Fcuk off on both counts ya cnut.:lol1:

joshnosh 26 November 2013 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11275756)

Look sunshine, the regular posters on here don't take kindly to being called morons by some 'Johnny Come Lately'!

You only earn the right to call someone a moron if you have at least 5000 posts.... you moron! ;) :lol1:

Gess I'll just have to post unhelpful nonsense all over the forum until I have loads of posts...... Seems to work for others lol
I dont care if I'm a noob. Iv been on so many forums now I can't be bothered to start all over. You will come round eventually :D

53 26 November 2013 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11275374)
V2 JDM GC8 WRX's don't really qualify for this argument mate. ;) firstly they come better spec'd from factory being a proper Impreza ;) and secondly they were pretty much the same Spec anyway :) You would need to compare the UK2000 with it's tiny TD04 :)[/quote

yesss!!! i have a proper impreza!!! and it doesnt have a pink badge!! hmm this could be a modd for next year...:hjtwofing

No just save up for a proper ECU instead, chips are shyte :p

yabbadoo4 26 November 2013 10:15 AM

m8 your question was answered in post 29. and you also said "How about this. Tell me why your sti is better and I'll tell you what I'm planing to do to my car" so dont complain because all the sti owners are telling you why its better.

exevo3 26 November 2013 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11275822)
No just save up for a proper ECU instead, chips are shyte :p

pmsl...well as it happens im doing just that...but dont forget being a low life wrx owner that cant afford a type R money is tight...there for my lil chip is doing ok...for now...

f1_fan 26 November 2013 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by joshnosh (Post 11275801)
Gess I'll just have to post unhelpful nonsense all over the forum until I have loads of posts...... Seems to work for others lol
I dont care if I'm a noob. Iv been on so many forums now I can't be bothered to start all over. You will come round eventually :D

:lol1::lol1: to be honest mate this place was great in the early days, less so now, but if you read between the nonsense there's still good info to be had!

exevo3 26 November 2013 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 11275871)
:lol1::lol1: to be honest mate this place was great in the early days, less so now, but if you read between the nonsense there's still good info to be had!

i may be new on here but im not new to preformance cars and the forums that go with...and i find the banter on here quite funny..there are afew retards that clearly talk crap and just type for a reaction...but who really cares??? :hjtwofing

AndyBaker 26 November 2013 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 11275503)
Chlamydia or genital warts?

I think you mean STD but still not funny ;)

Gear Head 26 November 2013 04:50 PM

How many posts do I need to call someone a 'c&nt'? :D

f1_fan 26 November 2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 11276173)
How many posts do I need to call someone a 'c&nt'? :D

12,548 you cnut ;) :lol1::lol1::lol1:

bustaMOVEs 26 November 2013 04:53 PM

Just call them bellends, there's no post count for that

mrmadcap 26 November 2013 08:05 PM

Well I've only got 979 posts and I will still call you a moron Fanny:D

scoobyboy1 26 November 2013 08:20 PM

Where is RS Matt???:wonder:

Ive noticed he doesn't post until late, I guess it must take him ages to get back from work in a slow WRX!!!!!:p

mickywrx 26 November 2013 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by 53 (Post 11274471)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11276179)
Just call them bellends, there's no post count for that

Just don't call Stu one, you'll get permabanned for that, I did.