ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   why are our cars so bad on gas? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/1030539-why-are-our-cars-so-bad-on-gas.html)

ossett2k2 22 October 2015 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11751995)
Personally I think a duel map is the way to go for the best fuel economy, especially on long motorway journeys

I agree but my 2nd map is used for something else.
I think the key to better economy is to lean out on idle and cruise,just waiting for my AFR gauge then I can fine tune those areas :thumb:

neil-h 22 October 2015 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752005)
This just highlights how much you don't know if you think today's controllers are just made up of relays. Believe it or not, today's controllers use micro processors, VVVF drives as well as can bus...Using an old controller on today's installs would be like Ford fitting a Xflow in the new RS!...I could always post up some electrical drawings if you like just to familiarise yourself?

3 years as a mate and 20 years since you had any involvement yet you post that you could still do it...Oh dear, you're making yourself look silly.

Go for it. I'm intrigued to see if it's as clever/complicated as you're trying to make out 'cus from my experience of automation and process control, it isn't.

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752005)
This just highlights how much you don't know if you think today's controllers are just made up of relays. Believe it or not, today's controllers use micro processors, VVVF drives as well as can bus...Using an old controller on today's installs would be like Ford fitting a Xflow in the new RS!...I could always post up some electrical drawings if you like just to familiarise yourself?

3 years as a mate and 20 years since you had any involvement yet you post that you could still do it...Oh dear, you're making yourself look silly.

You really do need to learn to read properly and in context. ;) I was agreeing with Glanza about processors etc, hence quoting him ;) then taking it back to the days of relays etc, of which I am sure a large proportion of 2/ 5 floor lifts still have, after all why would small companies, nursing homes etc go for expensive micro processors when a few relays, pcb etc can do the job. Then I said no doubt these more complicated systems much like cars have diagnostic equipment for fault finding purposes.

But tbh the most complicated systems are going to be on high speed sky scrapers and I doubt you go anywhere near any of that sort of stuff, you just aint got the locum for it. ;)

Yet again you just jump in without taking time to actually read, digest and understand what is written, no wonder you're such pals with some of the other no mark reprobates that frequent this forum.

jayallen 22 October 2015 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11752034)
Go for it. I'm intrigued to see if it's as clever/complicated as you're trying to make out 'cus from my experience of automation and process control, it isn't.

I made out its complicated? I simply mentioned that things have moved on since the days of mechanical switching and relays even tho Ditchmyster seems to think nothing has changed since he was a mate 20 years ago or when ever it was..

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11752034)

It isn't complicated, simple daisy chain and repeating of the same command cycles, with very basic switching in the shaft and on entrances, you could run one with the very early computer systems such as north star basic, even more basic than that those red cards that had little ovals for you to pencil in, Stop, if not, go to, go etc. So I doubt very much that there's anything particularly complicated about it, especially considering he's only got NVQ's, even I have 5 points / 1 year towards an HND. ;)

As stated before my education isn't anything to write home about, so if I can get my head around it, then I'd say a fair few on here can.

Lunchmoney 22 October 2015 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Steve001 (Post 11751995)
Personally I think a duel map is the way to go for the best fuel economy, especially on long motorway journeys

That sounds like a good idea. I have two simple maps on mine, one low boost, one high. I tend to just leave it in high boost. If I remember I'll swap to low on my next long drive and see if makes a difference.

crookedvulture 22 October 2015 02:01 PM

Mods!!! Are you going to do anything about this b0ll0x? ^^^

ossett2k2 22 October 2015 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by crookedvulture (Post 11752079)
Mods!!! Are you going to do anything about this b0ll0x? ^^^

I think that's a bit unfair,Lunchmoney has a good point there,keep us up to date,would be interested to see the low boost results :)

crookedvulture 22 October 2015 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11752083)
I think that's a bit unfair,Lunchmoney has a good point there,keep us up to date,would be interested to see the low boost results :)

Don't know what the hell your playing at offering sensible advice in response to a good question on a car forum.People like you are what's ruined this site.We can have a 10 page fight about it if you like 😊

ossett2k2 22 October 2015 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by crookedvulture (Post 11752088)
Don't know what the hell your playing at offering sensible advice in response to a good question on a car forum.People like you are what's ruined this site.We can have a 10 page fight about it if you like 😊

:lol:

RS_Matt 22 October 2015 03:49 PM

Has anyone noticed a drop in fuel economy after fitting a lightweight flywheel?

joz8968 22 October 2015 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11752121)
Has anyone noticed a drop in fuel economy after fitting a lightweight flywheel?

Now you mention it, yes!

I used to get between anywhere between 19-22mpg on the urban cylce. Now I seem to get 15-16.5!!! :wall: :( :mad:

I knew there must be a reason for it and hadn't even thought about that, till you mentioned it... 'Cause it would have been fitted at about the same time as I realised that economy had worsened.

In the meantime, I fitted a brand new OEM lambda sensor...HOPING that was the reason...but no it wasn't, annoyingly. :(

Hmmn, I wonder if that IS the reason.............................. :wonder:

RS_Matt 22 October 2015 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 11752129)
Now you mention it, yes!

I used to get between anywhere between 19-22mpg on the urban cylce. Now I seem to get 15-16.5!!! :wall: :( :mad:

I knew there must be a reason for it and hadn't even thought about that, till you mentioned it... 'Cause it would have been fitted at about the same time as I realised that economy had worsened.

In the meantime, I fitted a brand new OEM lambda sensor...HOPING that was the reason...but no it wasn't, annoyingly. :(

Hmmn, I wonder if that IS the reason.............................. :wonder:

Mine dropped drastically after fitting a lightweight crank pulley. I think it's something to do with the crank rotation slowing faster off throttle, so pulse driving isn't as effective. Revs pick up quicker but also drop quicker which means more throttle to maintain a set speed.

neil-h 22 October 2015 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by RS_Matt (Post 11752143)
Mine dropped drastically after fitting a lightweight crank pulley. I think it's something to do with the crank rotation slowing faster off throttle, so pulse driving isn't as effective. Revs pick up quicker but also drop quicker which means more throttle to maintain a set speed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: do you actually understand physics or indeed how a car works? By fitting a light weight crank pulley/fly wheel you're lowering inertia in the driveline, hence why revs rise/fall faster. The amount of air/fuel (thus throttle opening) required to maintain a given torque is basically independent of that, so you'll see a minuscule difference if any at all.

Steve001 22 October 2015 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Lunchmoney (Post 11752077)
That sounds like a good idea. I have two simple maps on mine, one low boost, one high. I tend to just leave it in high boost. If I remember I'll swap to low on my next long drive and see if makes a difference.

Results would be interesting, is it a special ecu for this and who did your mapping? Cost would be nice too :thumb:

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752059)
I made out its complicated? I simply mentioned that things have moved on since the days of mechanical switching and relays even tho Ditchmyster seems to think nothing has changed since he was a mate 20 years ago or when ever it was..

No what you actually did was make a reference to my car alarm fitting and then say my parents must be so proud, ;) Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that suggests that I should some how be in awe of a lift engineer and that my proffession isn't anything to be proud of but yours is, NEWS FLASH!!!! " Lift Engineering" been there, done that, and like quite a few other jobs I have had, it aint all that. ;)

You started this cr4p by following me around insulting me and generally being derogatory, if you don't like the way things pan out once I decide enough is enough and hit back, then I suggest you do one and leave me out of your bollocks. :thumb:

I'll say to you what I said to your bum buddy, if you don't like me, leave me alone and I'll do the same to you, but if you continue to follow me around and make references to me on the main forum, then expect to get it back.

:thumb:

jayallen 22 October 2015 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11752205)
No what you actually did was make a reference to my car alarm fitting and then say my parents must be so proud, ;) Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that suggests that I should some how be in awe of a lift engineer and that my proffession isn't anything to be proud of but yours is, NEWS FLASH!!!! " Lift Engineering" been there, done that, and like quite a few other jobs I have had, it aint all that. ;)

You started this cr4p by following me around insulting me and generally being derogatory, if you don't like the way things pan out once I decide enough is enough and hit back, then I suggest you do one and leave me out of your bollocks. :thumb:

I'll say to you what I said to your bum buddy, if you don't like me, leave me alone and I'll do the same to you, but if you continue to follow me around and make references to me on the main forum, then expect to get it back.

:thumb:

I wasn't going to comment again but fcuk it! You spent 3 years in an industry but give it the big one as to been there and done it, completed it, just like everything else in your fantasy of a life. Your comment about being able to diagnose a fault by listening to relays is let me tell you, fcuking golden! I mentioned this god like skill you have to my boss when back in the office this evening, after he finished laughing his bollox off he asked if I could get your number and said name your price!......No he didn't I made that bit up, he actually didn't stop laughing!

Come on lets be honest, there is only really two reasons as to why you have had so many jobs, the first being you were not any good at any of them or secondly you have spent your life as someone's bitch doing the part of the job they don't want to do....A tough one to call.

There is no doubt you have spent "some" time in the trade but its pretty obvious your knowledge is very limited hence your term "daisy chain" Its called wiring in series, I'm surprised you never knew that.

Racing a Ferrari in a Rover, lapping the Ring in the wet in blistering times, being involved in motorsport, building engines that never get built, sussing out mapping in 10 minutes, owning 2 houses that suddenly turn in to 3 apartments when questioned, mastering 50 fighting styles the list is endless.....Fantasy is your middle name!

Like many internet forums, there is a Lift forum where people in the trade can discuss technical issues, its a very informative site. I'm going to link this thread so everyone else can get a load Ditchmyster the 3 years served Lift Controller Whisperer....;)

The Pink Ninja 22 October 2015 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752244)
I wasn't going to comment again but fcuk it! You spent 3 years in an industry but give it the big one as to been there and done it, completed it, just like everything else in your fantasy of a life. Your comment about being able to diagnose a fault by listening to relays is let me tell you, fcuking golden! I mentioned this god like skill you have to my boss when back in the office this evening, after he finished laughing his bollox off he asked if I could get your number and said name your price!......No he didn't I made that bit up, he actually didn't stop laughing!

Come on lets be honest, there is only really two reasons as to why you have had so many jobs, the first being you were not any good at any of them or secondly you have spent your life as someone's bitch doing the part of the job they don't want to do....A tough one to call.

There is no doubt you have spent "some" time in the trade but its pretty obvious your knowledge is very limited hence your term "daisy chain" Its called wiring in series, I'm surprised you never knew that.

Racing a Ferrari in a Rover, lapping the Ring in the wet in blistering times, being involved in motorsport, building engines that never get built, sussing out mapping in 10 minutes, owning 2 houses that suddenly turn in to 3 apartments when questioned, mastering 50 fighting styles the list is endless.....Fantasy is your middle name!

Like many internet forums, there is a Lift forum where people in the trade can discuss technical issues, its a very informative site. I'm going to link this thread so everyone else can get a load Ditchmyster the 3 years served Lift Controller Whisperer....;)

FPMSL Lift whisperer !!

Anyway back on topic....I had my petrol tank remapped and not really seen much difference in fuel economy ???

RS_Matt 22 October 2015 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11752174)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: do you actually understand physics or indeed how a car works? By fitting a light weight crank pulley/fly wheel you're lowering inertia in the driveline, hence why revs rise/fall faster. The amount of air/fuel (thus throttle opening) required to maintain a given torque is basically independent of that, so you'll see a minuscule difference if any at all.

Thanks for rewording it. I say tomato.

2 of us have noticed a significant difference, anymore for anymore?

Peedee 22 October 2015 09:05 PM

This thread is still going LOL!!!

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752244)

https://www.scoobynet.com/908413-my-...rebuild-2.html

Engine build. :thumb:

I'll even subscribe again just so I can show you my houses, but if you care to look through through my post history, as it seems to be one of your favourite pass times, you'll see that I have actually posted pictures before. ;)

As for my Lift "Fitter" ;) claims, I have already told you, Like most I started as a mate, it was recognised by my employer that I had what it takes, i was there for a little over a year but one of the directors was a total bell end and as is usual for me, I don't do bell ends ;) so we had a big argument during which I told him what I thought of him and he told me I was sacked, I told him he could stick it where the sun don't shine. :thumb:

The top bloke that worked there became one of my best friends and indeed was one of the best men at my wedding, he later started his own firm and then I worked for him, as a side note, he can go anywhere in the world and get a job as the man that fixes everything no one else can, he's VERY well known for his ability in the industry ;) but I won't reveal who he is, he thinks I'm one of the best and was quite surprised at my style of diagnosis too, but it always led us in the right direction, and that was on one of the fastest lifts in Europe at the time, Epic House in Leicester. :thumb:

I never said I beat a Ferrari, all I did was stay in front and he couldn't pass, he came up behind me and as the traffic panned out I thought better get a move on, not hold him up and maybe have some fun, I fully expected him to wipe the floor with me, but hey ho it didn't happen, I merely shared the tale as part of a thread, with the intention of illustrating that it doesn't matter how much power you have, if you don't have the ability or skill to use it then even a sh1t box Rover can out run you. ;)

Now since I have answered your points please answer one for me and the good people of SNet, why the fcuk are you following a bloke around the internet, you and your bum pal are cut from the same cloth, fcuking internet weirdo stalkers.

P.S Please link this to your lift forum, so they can all see what a fcuking weirdo stalker you are, who knows I might even know some of them. :thumb:

P>S, I don't have a boss, I'm my OWN MAN, B1TCH. ;)

pps, Only did Shotokan from the age of 7 to 16, then trained with some like minded people on more real world street related stuff, which basically meant combining what all of us knew, watching demos and films and trying lots of different stuff to see how well it worked 1/2/3 on to one, I'd call it practical avoidance of an ass whooping if you need a name. :thumb:

PPPS; Two fcukwit wage slaves in an office laughing at something they don't have the ability or imagination to comprehend, major surprise :Suspiciou You're a no mark wage slave, at least I have balls enough to go my own way in the world, you're a sell out, FYI someone bought you for a pittance and like the mug you are, you think that makes you special. :lol1:

Go make your own way out in the world like I do and then come back and talk to me. :thumb:

bigdal 22 October 2015 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Peedee (Post 11747258)
Fcuk me there are some class A pr1cks in this place.

spot on

jayallen 22 October 2015 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11752310)
https://www.scoobynet.com/908413-my-...rebuild-2.html

Engine build. :thumb:

I'll even subscribe again just so I can show you my houses, but if you care to look through through my post history, as it seems to be one of your favourite pass times, you'll see that I have actually posted pictures before. ;)

As for my Lift "Fitter" ;) claims, I have already told you, Like most I started as a mate, it was recognised by my employer that I had what it takes, i was there for a little over a year but one of the directors was a total bell end and as is usual for me, I don't do bell ends ;) so we had a big argument during which I told him what I thought of him and he told me I was sacked, I told him he could stick it where the sun don't shine. :thumb:

The top bloke that worked there became one of my best friends and indeed was one of the best men at my wedding, he later started his own firm and then I worked for him, as a side note, he can go anywhere in the world and get a job as the man that fixes everything no one else can, he's VERY well known for his ability in the industry ;) but I won't reveal who he is, he thinks I'm one of the best and was quite surprised at my style of diagnosis too, but it always led us in the right direction, and that was on one of the fastest lifts in Europe at the time, Epic House in Leicester. :thumb:

I never said I beat a Ferrari, all I did was stay in front and he couldn't pass, he came up behind me and as the traffic panned out I thought better get a move on, not hold him up and maybe have some fun, I fully expected him to wipe the floor with me, but hey ho it didn't happen, I merely shared the tale as part of a thread, with the intention of illustrating that it doesn't matter how much power you have, if you don't have the ability or skill to use it then even a sh1t box Rover can out run you. ;)

Now since I have answered your points please answer one for me and the good people of SNet, why the fcuk are you following a bloke around the internet, you and your bum pal are cut from the same cloth, fcuking internet weirdo stalkers.

P.S Please link this to your lift forum, so they can all see what a fcuking weirdo stalker you are, who knows I might even know some of them. :thumb:

P>S, I don't have a boss, I'm my OWN MAN, B1TCH. ;)

pps, Only did Shotokan from the age of 7 to 16, then trained with some like minded people on more real world street related stuff, which basically meant combining what all of us knew, watching demos and films and trying lots of different stuff to see how well it worked 1/2/3 on to one, I'd call it practical avoidance of an ass whooping if you need a name. :thumb:

PPPS; Two fcukwit wage slaves in an office laughing at something they don't have the ability or imagination to comprehend, major surprise :Suspiciou You're a no mark wage slave, at least I have balls enough to go my own way in the world, you're a sell out, FYI someone bought you for a pittance and like the mug you are, you think that makes you special. :lol1:

Go make your own way out in the world like I do and then come back and talk to me. :thumb:

I've just posted asking how many guys can diagnose a fault just by listening to relays, the first guy asked if you are doctor doolittle :lol1::lol1: I'll post more comments for you as they come in.

What a cnut! :lol1::lol1:

jayallen 22 October 2015 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11752310)

Doh! I was wrong, it was 41 fighting styles not 50!

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11645085)
P.S;

Learned technique can be useful, I have done a few different styles over the years, which currently total 41, I started at seven and my best years were training with other dis-illusioned martial artists developing a style that worked in real life situations.

You call it stalking, I call it having a good memory for a bull****ter! :thumb:

*Awaits the back tracking reply*

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752356)
I've just posted asking how many guys can diagnose a fault just by listening to relays, the first guy asked if you are doctor doolittle :lol1::lol1: I'll post more comments for you as they come in.

What a cnut! :lol1::lol1:

Interesting how you no longer want to post the thread link to here or one back to said lift fitters forum.

You're just another thick cnut that thinks he's something special because he's been doing the same sh1tty job for 20/30yrs, you're not bright, you've just done it for so long it difficult not to know everything about it because it's easy. ;)

People like you are the reason I've had so many jobs, d1ckheads that think they are something special, I just got sick of dealing with self important arse holes and stupid fcukers that do everything they are told and kiss the bosses ass, not my style, say what I see and what I think and if I don't like it, I just say bye, bye something else will come along, I'm a bright enough lad and I'll always find something ;)

Then finally I realised that there are too many people like you in this world and no matter what I do I'll always be battling against them (even on the internet from another country) small minded fcukwits that can't think or do for themselves and need to be wet nursed through their lives.

So I left the country.

But hey you're the man Mr Lift Engineer. :lol1:

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 10:40 PM

I like the way you don't actually answer any of the points I have made throughout this thread, care to elucidate.

As I said, then and now, If thats actually a genuine quote, I trained with other like minded people (so the core remains true) we combined our knowledge, used different aspects of various styles that actually worked and there were a lot of us over the years. ;)

You going to answer some of the things I have said in the last 10 posts or so or just continue to dodge them.

jayallen 22 October 2015 10:42 PM

How strange, you have edited your reply, removed the part that mentioned you had 38 engineers under you and got fed up of wiping their arses.

I can only guess that was one lie to many and didn't expect anyone to believe, I didn't!

One guy has asked that if he gets a fault he cant trace, can he record it and send it to me for you to listen too... :lol1:

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752356)
I've just posted asking how many guys have a d1ck thats over 10cm because mine is 11cm and I think it's a propper donkey c0ck and my Mrs says it's the biggest she's ever had, she should know, she's had way more than her fair share, the first guy said i should ask doctor doolittle :lol1::lol1: I'll post more comments for you as they come in.

What a sad cnut i must be to follow blokes around the internet. :lol1::lol1:

;)

scoobypaul_temp 22 October 2015 10:46 PM

FFS will you two give it up!?
I haven't been on here long but here is my summary:
Ditchy - apparently tells some tall stories, maybe a bit of a Jackanory, so what? It's the Internet, not real life, get over it

Jay - Seriously coming across like a saddo internet stalker who just can't let it go. You think ditchy is a BS merchant, we get it, move on and get on with your own life, if you have one

Jeeeez, seriously, why don't the mods do anything here?

ditchmyster 22 October 2015 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11752379)
How strange, you have edited your reply, removed the part that mentioned you had 38 engineers under you and got fed up of wiping their arses.

I can only guess that was one lie to many and didn't expect anyone to believe, I didn't!

One guy has asked that if he gets a fault he cant trace, can he record it and send it to me for you to listen too... :lol1:

Still only questions, I'm sure we'd all like some answers, Einstein.