ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

STi wanna Subaru 28 January 2010 09:12 AM

Vermaelen to have scan for a possible broken leg today. that would be a huge blow to the gunners charge for 2nd place.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2010 09:31 AM

:lol1: conceded to 3rd place already then Utd fans? :D

As for his leg, yep total disaster both in defending and scoring goals for us. Even more of a kick in the nads for Wenger not signing Smalling. But it's alright as he has got Sol back :rolleyes:

Sol who couldn't out run my 5 year old let alone the top strikers in the Premiership :brickwall

A couple of days left to sign people and no sign of anything from Wenger - no surprises there then. Out the FA Cup and all his eggs in one basket for the Premiership - don't even mention Champions League as the team would have no chance against Barca for example when they can't even score a goal against Villa. No trophies once again then this season.

All he will say at the end of the season is that injuries cost us. Well all the other top teams had many injuries to top players and they had squads good enough to cope with it, we don't. He will just never learn :nono:

STi wanna Subaru 28 January 2010 09:37 AM

United will be battling your lot for 2nd as I see it.

DaveBeck 28 January 2010 10:04 AM

if thats the case its defo going to cost us. Villa are a good side but i'd expect us to put something past them. oh well as i said 7 points in the 4 games would do me.

was hoping/praying for extra time last night. I thought we would do United this weekend but the form Rooney is in with our slow/old Central defence, we are in for a torrid time

Least Bendtner is back boys :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9186394)
Least Bendtner is back boys :lol1:

God help us :lol1: We got trounced by Chelsea last time and now we have an even more depleted team and are about to play them again. 3 days of transfer window left and no activity, is Wenger really as delusional as I think he is :eek:

alcazar 28 January 2010 11:59 AM

Delusional? Probably not.
Constrained by finances? Probably.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2010 12:05 PM

Both Wenger and the board have said publicly they have substantial transfer funds available. So either they are refusing to buy players when we need them or they are lieing to the fans, they can't have it both ways.

alcazar 28 January 2010 04:44 PM

Ah. Reluctant to pay huge money for mediocre talent that's available, then?

let's face it, with Man City now joing the ranks of the mega rich, and Spanish clubs paying huge money, the days of, "We'll have him, then," are over.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 January 2010 09:57 PM

Well thank fook the leg isn't broken. Don't think he should play Sunday though and give him more time and have him fit for Liverpool and Chelsea.

Still no news on any transfers and only got until Monday.

chris1scouser 29 January 2010 12:28 AM

Goonites

stop your whining. you lack a bit of depth but your well up there.
You have some outstanding players.
Recently Fabregas has been sublime, He has to be in the top three best in the world.
not the dribbling, step over pacey flying attacker. he has to be the most intelligent and technically competent FOOTBALLER in our league at least.
He is an amazing talent.
I am a red until dead, but i do enjoy watching the game played well, Arsenal are the best in this league by far.

Funkii Munkii 29 January 2010 02:57 AM

Who's been on the Turps ??

;)

Bravo2zero_sps 29 January 2010 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by chris1scouser (Post 9188406)
stop your whining. you lack a bit of depth but your well up there.

It is the lack of depth that costs us each season :rolleyes: A couple of injuries and we struggle. That is the difference between us and Chelsea/Utd and why we have no trophies for 5 years.

chris1scouser 29 January 2010 02:27 PM

Illogical

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9188470)
Who's been on the Turps ??

;)

Does not compute.
Don't touch turps, or any other mind altering compounds.
Haven't for many many years.
Tea, water, good food, air and exercise only here.
I was just comparing what you's have compared with us.
Apparently RB is suffering from the expectation factor!
I disagree strongly, RB is suffering from signing and playing sh!te syndrome.

G00ner 30 January 2010 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9188518)
It is the lack of depth that costs us each season :rolleyes: A couple of injuries and we struggle. That is the difference between us and Chelsea/Utd and why we have no trophies for 5 years.

Everybody can see it except for Arsene and the board, it does piss me off.

DaveBeck 31 January 2010 10:35 AM

Rooney against Gallas and old man river today. Bet he is wetting his lips

We have Song back though. Last season i wouldnt of said that but imo he and Cesc have been immense this year. If we hadnt of lost sick note Robin we would be top

Tenby 31 January 2010 01:23 PM

why is everyone moaning? wneger signed cambell lol!

Tenby 31 January 2010 01:23 PM

roll on 16:00hrs

Bravo2zero_sps 31 January 2010 07:17 PM

Well no surprises there :rolleyes: No striker up front as Arshavin is not a central striker and was played well out of position. Song is expected to do the job that was previously done by 2 World class defensive midfielders in Vieira and Gilberto. Denilson might as well not have been on the pitch and is a waste of a player.

There is no balance in the team, we haven't had a strike partnership since Henry and Bergkamp and still Wenger comes out and says we don't need anyone.

Look at what Chelsea and Utd have up front and then look at us and it's laughable. Van Persie is the best we have and he isn't World class like Rooney/Drogba are. Then we have Bendtner, Eduardo and Vela who are just not up to the job.

Another trophyless season and it will continue until we replace the quality we had the last time we won a trophy, just like I said last season and the season before.

G00ner 31 January 2010 08:28 PM

Arseshave was gash, if he'd have squared a couple of his balls across the box instead of going for glory we could have been 2-0 up instead of down. :rolleyes:

Funkii Munkii 31 January 2010 09:01 PM

Fab was very very quiet as well, as great as it is to beat the Gooners you have to wonder why they didn't start with an out and out striker, United just soaked it up and controlled the match for large parts.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 February 2010 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9194469)
you have to wonder why they didn't start with an out and out striker

Because we haven't got any that are either fit to play or good enough for the Premiership. I thought Vela and Eduardo were going to come good but they have been useless this season so I was completely wrong about them. Eduardo may just need more time but that is just being optimistic. Bendtner isn't good enough for the 2nd division (the new one that is, otherwise known as the 4th division).

Why Wenger hasn't turned Walcott from a winger into a striker like he did with Henry I don't know. He has incredible pace and can finish (when in form) like we saw in his hat-trick for England.

DaveBeck 01 February 2010 11:59 AM

Got to question the defence big time. No closing down, if you watched ho active fletcher and carrick were off the ball and closing down we just gave to much space. WTF was Clichy doing. I thought he was going to be immense but our LB position has been **** all season.

Why was Park not closed down? he got in the box before Vermarlen tried to close him down.

Wenger must feel very let down, trusting players to do a job and they do that. What made me laugh was Wenger saying he was interested in buying Villa before but he only wanted to buy if the player was better than what we already had. Who have we got

Great job Mancs :thumb:

Bravo2zero_sps 01 February 2010 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9195504)
No closing down, if you watched ho active fletcher and carrick were off the ball and closing down we just gave to much space.

This is what I mean Dave when I say he relies on Song doing everything that used to be done by Vieira and Gilberto. Song might have improved but he is not a patch on either of those 2 yet let alone be as good as both of them together.

All the others in Midfield are attacking players and don't (or rather can't as they can't defend for toffee) help Song out leaving the back 4 extremely exposed. Simply they push far too forward without being able to get back on the break and the top teams have worked this out now hence getting walloped by Utd and Chelsea. The same will happen in the CL. Song needs another defensive midfield partner and Denilson or Diaby certainly aren't that player.

Clichy is too attacking and not good enough at defending. Why he let Park just run at goal is testament to that. Flamini was the best left back we had (when he played there) since Winterburn in terms of defending solidly and what did Wenger do? Not renew his fecking contract and let him leave for free :freak3:

Bravo2zero_sps 04 February 2010 09:40 AM

Sky Sports | Football | News | Bendtner ready fo fire Gunners

Absolutely delusional :cuckoo: I have never seen a more sh!t forward play for Arsenal yet he still maintains he is the dogs b0ll0cks :lol1: He is so up his own ar$e it's astonishing :freak3: How he keeps his contract at Arsenal i'll never know as he has done nothing whilst at the club.

DaveBeck 04 February 2010 12:07 PM

Oh yes he is different alright

STi wanna Subaru 04 February 2010 12:41 PM

all that Arsenal optimism is rapidly turning to doom and gloom :D you're getting akin to Geordies ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 06 February 2010 06:43 PM

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Cesc can't deny Barca love

That will be a Summer deal then. Bye Cesc http://forums.mg-rover.org/images/smilies/wavecry.gif

Buts it's alright as we have Ramsey and Wilshere :rolleyes:

pauld37 07 February 2010 12:35 PM

Be bad to see another top player leave the Premiership :(

Bravo2zero_sps 07 February 2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 9208755)
Be bad to see another top player leave the Premiership :(

Well give us the 3 points this afternoon and you may help him stay, simples :D

pauld37 07 February 2010 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9208764)
Well give us the 3 points this afternoon and you may help him stay, simples :D

Don't want him to stay that much! :p