ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

webby v7 slipperwagon 07 February 2010 06:05 PM

Oh lord i really try to stay off here, but as i previously stated.Wenger upstairs, Bergkamp in and for gods sake get a defensive coach in. Then clear all the budget sh1t out. I really think that 1 point from 9 is a joke. Wenger is so convinced of his farm foods budget team its a joke. 1200 pounds for a season ticket, no trophys for 5 years and wenger jiust cant see it or admit it. I dont care any final will do, just give us something.The paying (all aspects) fans DESERVE it.

pauld37 07 February 2010 06:15 PM

I certainly got worried when they bought the big guns on, Bendtner! :lol1:

pauld37 07 February 2010 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon (Post 9209389)
Oh lord i really try to stay off here, but as i previously stated.Wenger upstairs, Bergkamp in and for gods sake get a defensive coach in. Then clear all the budget sh1t out. I really think that 1 point from 9 is a joke. Wenger is so convinced of his farm foods budget team its a joke. 1200 pounds for a season ticket, no trophys for 5 years and wenger jiust cant see it or admit it. I dont care any final will do, just give us something.The paying (all aspects) fans DESERVE it.

He likes to use the quote "fighting spirit and passion" in league games, when you win, and "youth gaining experience" in cup games :cuckoo:

STi wanna Subaru 07 February 2010 06:39 PM

Arsenal must practice passing all the time in training and never think about they might have to shoot at some point.

Wenger needs to take the blame. How Walcott is considered a top talent is beyond me. He's quick and that's it. He's not good enough to go to the world cup now never mind when he was bloody 17.

Bravo2zero_sps 07 February 2010 08:50 PM

Post #348 applies today as I knew it would.

urban 08 February 2010 09:20 AM

You should have done better yesterday lads.

I had high hopes for Arsenal beating Chelsea

Bravo2zero_sps 08 February 2010 09:33 AM

We had enough chances but with no striker/centre forward on the pitch what did Wenger expect? Plus he played the same tactics as against Man Utd and it was far too easy to hit us on the counter. It was pathetic really.

DaveBeck 08 February 2010 09:58 AM

Its funny really, we made a good chelsea midfield look average. But with no strikers the defence must of been laughing. If you watched they had 4 defenders and mikel infront to handle Cesc and Arshavin. Walcot has lost something since all his injuries. We bossed chelsea but they have a world class striker in Drogba.
Wenger has cost us the title by not buying a striker. The lads on the pitch are doing what they are asked to do and supplying chances but with no one to finish? 2 games this season we have dominated away against man u and chelsea and lost. Says it all

Bravo2zero_sps 08 February 2010 10:16 AM

£25-£30m for Adebeyor, £15m for Toure, £16m for Henry. He has bought Vermaelen and Arshavin and that's it and even then Wenger couldn't cope with the £15m price tag for Arshavin. What a joke.

If the Arsenal board are offered £40m by Barca for Fabregas in the Summer they will snap their arm off and bank the lot as Wenger wont spend a penny. He already knows he is getting Chamakh for free in the Summer and that will be his one signing.

I'd happily see the current board go along with Wenger and David Dein come in and run the club under new ownership and invest heavily in a new team with a manager who can coach defensive tactics as well as attacking and who will spend money. 5 years/6 seasons with no trophies and all Wenger can do it trot out the same old bullsh!t and i've had enough of it. As Dave said Wenger has cost us the title this season with not spending.

Wenger has even had the gall to come and say Chelsea played negatively ffs. No they soaked up the pressure from an over attacking team with no striking threat and then hit us on the counter and it's an easy 3 points. Does he not understand teams will play tactics that will get them 3 points and not play how he would like them to play :freak3:

I haven't seen the article but apparently George Graham has been more than critical of the current Arsenal team/tactics and rightly so. A manager who built a team with a rock solid defence and won titles by doing so must look at the current set up and bury his face in his hands.

webby v7 slipperwagon 09 February 2010 11:00 PM

I was listening to Ray Parlour on talk sport. He said when wenger came in at the start, he just left the defense, tony adams, bould,winterbern, dixon,etc to train and sort themselves out and left them to it. He took no interest in the defensive tactics and the proof today is in the pudding. He really has no interest or any idea on tactics. I really believe he is so wrapped up in his own idealistic world that he wont see the light. Jesus if that fat jock **** Alan Brazil on talk sort can see it, then it's gotta be obvious

Funkii Munkii 09 February 2010 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon (Post 9214961)
Jesus if that fat jock **** Alan Brazil on talk sort can see it, then it's gotta be obvious

:lol1:

He still has a job at Talk Sport then, not pissed up at some race course :thumb:

Bravo2zero_sps 10 February 2010 09:44 AM

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Wenger claims lack of cash

And so he proves my point. Be patient? You fcuking what? What is 5-6 years if it is not patient FFS? Absolutely deluded. And as to say no money then where the hell has all the transfer money gone for those he recently sold, transfers in 2 players to Man City of £40-£45 million in the last year? Oh that's right straight into the Arsenal bank account never to be seen again :mad:

He is so full of cr4p he treats the fans as morons. Glad to see the couple of comments on that page so far mean i'm not the only Gooner who thinks he is full of cr4p.

Another trophyless season and not only will Fabregas go but so will any others who have any desire to win trophies and get offers from abroad.

My Father was spot on when he said all the Arsenal board are interested in is securing a top 4 spot in the Premiership each season and getting as far in the Champions League as possible to maximize cash but spending as little as possible to achieve it. That is exactly what they are doing and there is no serious intention to win any trophy because it costs too much to build a team capable of beating Utd or Chelsea.

It's just great isn't it having a brilliant stadium but no trophies in the cabinet and a team that is getting worse not better. But that's ok as the stadium is the most important thing, right? :rolleyes:

DaveBeck 10 February 2010 03:51 PM

Wengers comments are embarrassing tbh.

Funkii Munkii 10 February 2010 10:07 PM

At least you beat LFC, especially after Gerrard had the scent of blood in his nostrils.

Thats not a wounded animal Stevie, it's a bloddy nose....

DaveBeck 10 February 2010 10:44 PM

all we needed was villa to sneak one more and it would of been perfect. chelsea losing, man u drawing and the yids losing. perfect

Funkii Munkii 11 February 2010 01:31 AM

Villa were lucky, we smashed them (you know the feeling ;) ) even with 10 men, should have been top tonight, a little disapointed to say the least....

DaveBeck 11 February 2010 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9217247)
(you know the feeling ;)

**** :lol1:

DaveBeck 11 February 2010 07:36 PM

Looking at skysports. Wenger is moaning about injuries and how it will effect the squad :lol1:

What does he expect with sick note Van Persie and Rosicky. Theo is in line to join them.

On the plus i see Cole is out for 3 months :D

Funkii Munkii 11 February 2010 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9217740)
**** :lol1:

If the shoe fits, i'll wear it :D

Tenby 14 February 2010 07:02 PM

6 point in it, long way 2 go b4 the end of the title race

Quasi Modo 14 February 2010 07:14 PM

Is the answer to get rid of Wenger and start again then?
Personally, i can't see any real changes in future results until something seriously changes.

Bravo2zero_sps 14 February 2010 08:13 PM

The answer is Wenger spends some money. If that is always going to be a no under Wenger then he has to go as there is no doubt money needs spending.

Quasi Modo 15 February 2010 06:41 PM

This is the thing isn't it, no offence meant to other clubs as such, but this is Arsenal not ya average team whose just happy to be in the Premiership, we should be a threat to everyone we play, not thinking next year's gunna be a repeat performance of nothing. Something has to change, if that means Wenger must go then so be it.
Does anyone have any preferences as a replacement if this did happen?

Bravo2zero_sps 15 February 2010 07:57 PM

It would have to be someone in the Ancelotti/Hiddink mould in terms of experience and success. Unfortunately I think those 2 along with Ferguson, Capello and Wenger are the best managers out there and there aren't really any others who could do the job. Barca's coach is obviously superb at Barca but he knows the Spanish league inside out, i'm not sure he could do the same job in the Premiership.

Quasi Modo 15 February 2010 08:22 PM

How about Big Ron (shipkicker) Atkinson? he might be available?
Sorry, couldn't help it, humour's all i've got left for this problem, hope i didn't cause any heart attacks, indigestion etc.:lol1::p;)

Bravo2zero_sps 15 February 2010 08:24 PM

:lol1: i'd rather have George back, at least he'd fix the defence even if we did go back to 1-0 victories every game of the season ;)

Quasi Modo 15 February 2010 08:25 PM

For gods sake get a defensive coach in. Then clear all the budget sh1t out. I really think that 1 point from 9 is a joke. Wenger is so convinced of his farm foods budget team its a joke. 1200 pounds for a season ticket, no trophys for 5 years and wenger jiust cant see it or admit it. I dont care any final will do, just give us something.The paying (all aspects) fans DESERVE it.[/quote]

Hard love, but the truth.

Quasi Modo 15 February 2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9226902)
:lol1: i'd rather have George back, at least he'd fix the defence even if we did go back to 1-0 victories every game of the season ;)

1.0 to the Arsenal sounds alot better than better luck next year.:thumb:;)

Just for a second, when you said George i thought you meant Charlie George.:lol1: message to self, "wake up stupid":Whatever_:D

Could have been worse, could have been George Formby.
George Foreman might have been a good goalie.:norty:

I'd like to have seen that derby.:p

pauld37 16 February 2010 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9218604)

On the plus i see Cole is out for 3 months :D

.....and Fabregas is going to Barca! :hjtwofing :lol1:

DaveBeck 16 February 2010 12:26 PM

And leave this successful club? ;)

Remember all the talk of Vieira and Henry leaving for years, what happened there????Oh hang on lol