ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 16 February 2010 10:49 PM

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Five missing for Gunners

Ooops :lol1:

Oh but of course he didn't need to sign anyone in January as we have such depth in the squad :brickwall

We're going to get a hammering tomorrow. Campbell in defence, Fabianski in goal and no central defensive midfielder and no striker - what a team :freak3:

DaveBeck 17 February 2010 08:01 PM

What a crock!!!!

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2010 08:05 PM

:cry: Campbell for centre forward :cry:

Bravo2zero_sps 17 February 2010 09:30 PM

I don't think i've seen a more talentless Arsenal team. Fcuking useless.

Why he played Fabianski I don't know, Manone is better than Almunia and Fabianski put together.

STi wanna Subaru 17 February 2010 09:47 PM

Wont have looked as bad as it did for us watching on a tv and not an iphone ;)

This no striker formation for Arsenal is rubbish :D

DaveBeck 17 February 2010 09:51 PM

****ing useless cnuts

What a shocker the keeper had.

Campbell our best player? I think so

Cant moan about the goal really. Henry did it to Chelsea. but the ref pretty much said "go on take a quick one"

DaveBeck 17 February 2010 09:56 PM

Listen to the ****ing reporter interviewing Arsene, really trying to get him to bite and drop himself in it. Wanker

Funkii Munkii 17 February 2010 09:56 PM

The first goal had me choking on my Weetabix, hillarious, it finally buries Massimo Taibi's howler against Southampton :lol1:

The comments about getting George Graham back in to sort out the defence certainly have some credence from what I have seen recently.

pauld37 18 February 2010 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9231697)

Cant moan about the goal really. Henry did it to Chelsea. but the ref pretty much said "go on take a quick one"

Glad you said it first Dave, what was Arsehole Whinger banging on about! :Whatever_

Think you're well capable of scoring a couple in the second leg :)

pauld37 18 February 2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9231720)
The first goal had me choking on my Weetabix, hillarious, it finally buries Massimo Taibi's howler against Southampton :lol1:

There was quite a few to choose from :lol1:

Quasi Modo 18 February 2010 03:42 PM

Personally, i think things went down a certain creek when we lost Overmars, petit etc, now i know this was along time back, but the same ability to gell a quality team together seems to have disappeared, we're left with lazy players that only want a contract and a life owed to them at the expense of the supporters, while having one eye on other teams available. If this is Arsene Venger's idea of a winnng strategy then the sooner he goes and takes all this rubbish with him the better, believe it or not i don't take any pleasure in saying this.

I for one can't stand this fiddly play trying to walk up to the goal line before shooting business, every time an attack begins it becomes totally crowded and nothing comes of it, then the others go up our end and there's gaps everywhere, no fiddly rubbish, just straight forward shots, sooner or later they're gunna go in. I makes me feel like throwing something at the box in frustration. Apparently i get "really crabby".:Whatever_
As if i would.:D

DaveBeck 18 February 2010 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 9232168)
Glad you said it first Dave, what was Arsehole Whinger banging on about! :Whatever_

Think you're well capable of scoring a couple in the second leg :)

I can see where he was coming form though. I havent got my red tinted glasses on either ;)

The ref demanded the ball, stood in campbells way and handed the ball to the other team. Its as if he was giving them a hint to go for it. Plus it was inside the box 8m from goal.

I appreciate Portos quick thinking but i feel the ref should appreciate the situation.

I would feel guilty if our team did it to someone else ;):D

End of it though, we didnt deserve it because we had no striker and created very little. Porto looked dead when we scored and looked like a beaten team. Giving them hope was our downfall, oh and buying Fabianski

Funkii Munkii 18 February 2010 09:31 PM

All it needs is a world Class striker and a couple of decent defenders/keeper, but as you guys have said AW wont open his purse, bizarre.

On the upside DB has qualified for his coaches badges, you never know he may read SN Sports :)

Funkii Munkii 28 February 2010 10:43 PM

Stop your bloody whinging Gooners

You are 3 points off the top, have a look at your remaining fixtures, your hardest game is Spurs away.

3/1 for the title, as some **** that supports Boro would say dip yer bread :)

Bravo2zero_sps 01 March 2010 10:34 AM

:lol1: yes but I think you will find that is down to Utd and Chelsea screwing up big time in games they would have easily of won in previous seasons, rather than our outstanding play ;) They both humiliated us this season on more than one occasion which is not acceptable when previously we have had superb entertaining games against Chelsea and Utd.

Lets face it we struggled against Stoke and 3-1 is a hugely flattering score line so the so called easy run in is hardly that with the way we are playing.

rossi_p 01 March 2010 11:20 AM

3-1 was a little flattering to the Arsenal. But fixtures are indeed in their favour.

Spurs have to play Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal before the end of the season so they could hold the key to where the title goes.. I'm a Spurs fan (please don't shoot) and despite yesterdays result, I don't fancy us for a top four finish. We threw it away with all the draws in Jan and Feb.

Interested in Arsenal fans opinions of the Ramsey/Shawcross incident. Terrible accident and heart goes out to Ramsey... Note I feel it was an accident.

I also feel sorry for Shawcross as he was obviously distressed by the incident... Wenger going out and saying he should be banned for longer is out of line imho.

It is strange that these incidents have happened against Arsenal players... do you feel it is because you are just lightweight or because you are targetted?

Bravo2zero_sps 01 March 2010 11:30 AM

See the other thread ;)

Fat Boy 01 March 2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by rossi_p (Post 9256814)
It is strange that these incidents have happened against Arsenal players... do you feel it is because you are just lightweight or because you are targetted?

Devil's advocate mode on - Or maybe both? Perhaps Arsenal are "targeted" with a "Robbie Savage" type approach precisely because they have been seen to lose their heads when opposition teams don't stand back and clap the pretty football, but get stuck in and harass them? An example of that was (a young) Cesc having a go at Hughesy when coming off the pitch after Blackburn had "let them know they were there" a few years ago. Not a wise move by the way as there'd only be one winner if it got ugly and it wouldn't be Cesc ;)

Not supporting anyone's leg getting broken, obviously, but I feel Ramsey's was bad luck anyway :( and don't subscribe to it having been intentional or even a red card at all.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 March 2010 03:15 PM

The roughing up started after the game against Man Utd several years back when they kicked Reyes off the pitch. He was in top form for us at the time and after that game he never played the same again for us and was eventually sold. It totally put him off the Premiership and why he went back to Spain.

When teams saw this approach worked for Utd in that game this is when it all started, Bolton and Blackburn were the first teams to be well known to employ this tactic against us and it worked. We always struggled to beat those two teams.

I'm afraid I don't agree with it and that Football is about going out doing your best to win the game, not going out and doing your best to stop the other team from winning. A very big difference in my book.

Quasi Modo 01 March 2010 03:42 PM

Maybe we should wear DMs and go straight for them as the whistle goes aka Vinnie Jones?:lol1:

I hope things improve anyway, :thumb: btw,Rossi P no gun pointed mate,:p but maybe a red n white custard flan. (or two).:D;):cool:

Fat Boy 01 March 2010 04:09 PM

"Football is about going out doing your best to win the game, not going out and doing your best to stop the other team from winning. A very big difference in my book"

Can't agree with that either - stopping the other team winning is an integral part of any competitive sport, unless you're Kevin Keegan and your game plan consists of "if you score 7, I'll score 8"... I'd have thought any one who remembers a team like George Graham's team could see that? Your view mirrors exactly the criticism regularly levelled at Arsene's teams- nobody has to let you play, you should impose / take charge yourselves.

Maybe it's my age - late 40s (and years of playing rugby) - but I think refs are too whistle happy these days and I actually preferred the contact levels allowed in the Souness type era to today's approach. As an example, the likes of a Best was kicked far more and worse by the likes of Chopper Harris than, say, a Reyes or a Limpar ever weres and kept coming back for more (and a babycham or two ;)) Reyes was a skilled player but didn't have the cojones for it

hey ho anyway best wishes to Aaron on a full recovery

DaveBeck 01 March 2010 06:29 PM

3-1 flattering?

Stoke have 1 form of attack and thats Delap throw. We bossed them after the first 10 mins and were only ruffled by their set plays.

I'd be embarrassed as a manager to set up a team to play this way and soley rely on set plays. Fans pay good money to buy season tickets.

Maybe they were just looking at survival in the PL and will change next year with some more revenue.

Shawcross was a little unlucky and if it wasnt for the protests he may of stayed on the pitch but i think the ref saw a leg bending in the wrong direction and made a decision.

We are roughed up but why not it works and stops us playing. 3 serious injuries doesnt lie though.

Least this way Cesc will be staying as Aaron wont be able to take over from him this summer :thumb:

All the best Aaron

Funkii Munkii 01 March 2010 09:47 PM

Reyes was a pussy end of, cried if anyone tackled him.

Although I reckon he still see's Phil Neville in his nightmares ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 02 March 2010 10:23 AM

Sky Sports | Football | News | Hleb open to Prem return

Now that is funny :lol1:

If he hadn't been a splitter and left us he would still be playing in the Champions League, now he is destined for the lower end of the Premiership at best.

DaveBeck 09 March 2010 02:18 PM

Interesting night later. With all their 1st team players coming back i think this will be a tough game. I reckon we can score 2 but i think they will put 2 past us.

All about the league now imo.

Bender was awesome on weekend lol how wide does he want the goal

Bravo2zero_sps 09 March 2010 09:48 PM

You weren't wrong Dave when you said interesting :lol1:

Firstly Nasri's goal was :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Eboue's goal was also a cracker, how fast did that bloke run and an inch perfect pass from our little Russian friend :luxhello:

Bendtner getting a hat-trick is :lol1: He is still the worst player i've ever seen wearing the Arsenal shirt as highlighted by the weekends game. The fact Wenger persists with him is beyond me.

Song played a blinder and think he plays better when Fabregas isn't playing as he can then boss midfield. When Fabregas plays Song has to play 2nd fiddle and it shows.

If they play like that against a top flight team then I will eat my words over the criticism I have given Wenger of late. I can dream though :lol1:

DaveBeck 09 March 2010 10:00 PM

Nasri's performance has just got Cesc sold lol

I think Song has been outstanding all season. few mistakes tonight but solid.

Campbell???? looked shaky as fook didnt he?

Bendtner played how i want him to play week in week out. strong and held up ball. good flicks etc and defended well on corners.

We are on a great high at moment and dont have the hardest run in so im hoping we can be there at the end of the season.

DaveBeck 13 March 2010 08:06 PM

Phew!!!!!

Bravo2zero_sps 20 March 2010 07:25 PM

That fcuking linesman is a useluss twunt :mad: He dived the cheating dirty Mexican (although Argie by birth so says it all). At least Almunia did something good for once and justice was done but a red card for Vermaelen is just outrageous.

The appeal better be successful but when have the FA ever done justice for Arsenal :rolleyes:

DaveBeck 20 March 2010 09:29 PM

Arsenal grinding out results.......... liking it