ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Prosport Stepper Gauges (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/697041-prosport-stepper-gauges.html)

Molbyman 19 August 2008 01:15 PM

Scoobytuner pod update

Originally Posted by Molbyman (Post 8063386)
Have ordered the 3 sets of pods for me, F1 and coco with black facia + OEM pod for h4rry tonight from Scoobytuner.
Chris believes pods will be in with him this week and so he will ship to me as soon as they arrive.
h4rry - thxs for PM.

Will keep you posted :-)

Spent Sunday fitting the sensors for the boost, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges. What a swine to fit the oil temperature sensor :-(

For coco, F1 and H4rry info - I've e-mailed Chris at Scoobytuner today to see when the pods are being sent. Thxs for your cheques :-).

Deva 19 August 2008 06:25 PM

Guys,

Can you post some pics of your engine bays where you have made the connections for these gauges please.

Cheers,

Stu.

wildfire 19 August 2008 06:57 PM

Has anybody had any problems with their gauges, i have tried contacting them on 14th and 19th with no response reporting a fault with my oil pessure gauge.

Molbyman 19 August 2008 09:31 PM

Scoobytuner pods...

Originally Posted by Molbyman (Post 8077943)
Spent Sunday fitting the sensors for the boost, oil pressure and oil temperature gauges. What a swine to fit the oil temperature sensor :-(

For coco, F1 and H4rry info - I've e-mailed Chris at Scoobytuner today to see when the pods are being sent. Thxs for your cheques :-).

Just received this from Chris:-

I should be able to get them out today. :-)

They just arrived and we are getting the shipment ready to go.

Thanks again,

Chris
ScoobyTuner

F1 CJE UK 19 August 2008 09:43 PM

great news thanks mate :thumb:

rbaz 20 August 2008 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by wildfire (Post 8078626)
Has anybody had any problems with their gauges, i have tried contacting them on 14th and 19th with no response reporting a fault with my oil pessure gauge.

Hi hive you emailed Danny direct? Never had a problem getting hold of him what ever time of day usually replies very quickly.
Try a different email account (if you have one) yours may be blocked by his ISP or going in to junk.

wildfire 20 August 2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8079590)
Hi hive you emailed Danny direct? Never had a problem getting hold of him what ever time of day usually replies very quickly.
Try a different email account (if you have one) yours may be blocked by his ISP or going in to junk.

Tried mailing him directly the first time and from the website link the second time, will try another email account just incase.

Cheers:brickwall

coco08 20 August 2008 07:23 PM

Hi Molbyman

Thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures as to where you connected up to. Also do the wires behind the guages link in series.
Haven't started with the install yet just getting my head round it:brickwall

Regards Coco

h4rry 20 August 2008 09:23 PM

Coco, there was a full fitting guide posted earlier in this thread mate, and it looks pretty good if im honest. I fitted some gauges a while back with a bit of a dodgy guide hence why i plumbed boost gauge in wrong.

If you want, when we get the pods i will grab some photos and post them up for you to follow. It is prtty simple with a basic techincal knowledge like mine. lol.

Molbyman, thanks for the info, and apologies again if i delayed things at all.

ScaldedCat 20 August 2008 11:25 PM

I've got these gauges (and the cubby-replacement triple pod) for my Classic, but cannot find a way of securing the actual pod to the remains of the cubby thing on top of the dash.
The instructions look like you have to screw the pod itself down onto something - but I have nothing there to screw it into!

What did you guys do/use? I'm currently relying on double sided sticky pads and luck to hold it down... :cry:

(apologies for hijacking the thread BTW; it just seemed to be the most relevant one to use!)

wildfire 21 August 2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by UKSC (Post 8081430)
I've got these gauges (and the cubby-replacement triple pod) for my Classic, but cannot find a way of securing the actual pod to the remains of the cubby thing on top of the dash.
The instructions look like you have to screw the pod itself down onto something - but I have nothing there to screw it into!

What did you guys do/use? I'm currently relying on double sided sticky pads and luck to hold it down... :cry:

(apologies for hijacking the thread BTW; it just seemed to be the most relevant one to use!)

I contacted scoobyparts about this and i was told

It is fixed into place with double sided tape or silicone sealant.
You can get some thin foam double sided tape from halfords.

phil739 21 August 2008 03:08 PM

double sided foam tape from the pound shop ... works a treat ..

and YES it was only a quid ....lol

duncatr 21 August 2008 04:05 PM

1. rbaz - Recieved
2. Harry - Ordered and Paid
3. Luther999 - Recieved
4. Flib - Recieved
5. Scoobysmiff
6. 71/200 -Ordered and Paid
7. alba15031 - Ordered and Paid
8. Coco08 - Recieved
9. scoobyschef - Recieved
10. duncatr - Recieved
11. ISLANDMAGEEZER Recieved
12. naughtyhunnybunny Ordered and Paid
13. Vash - Recieved
14. Scooby2nr- Recieved
15. the_msp Recieved
16. molbyman - Recieved
17. andy_cat - Recieved
18. wrx9181
19. dazzlers82 - Recieved
20. Bluenosewrx
21. Matt578 - Recieved
22. Davros 1979 - Recieved
23. Nuttynick - Ordered and Paid
24. Luther999 (2nd set) - Recieved
25. Chris-Boris - Ordered and Paid
26.Scoobysmiffs mate
27. Scoobymiffs Mate (2nd set)
28. rbaz (2nd set for my dad) - Recieved
29. Nolan_WRX - Recieved
30. DJ_Jon -Recieved
31. wrighty338 Recieved
32. wrighty338 Recieved
33. Wildfire - Recieved
34. red2 - Ordered and Paid
35. apalmer - Recieved
36. Shustir - Ordered and Paid
37. unfeasablylargegonads - Ordered and Paid
38. Deva - Recieved
39. Gonzo01 - Ordered and Paid
40. Bats-Wrx - Recieved
41. F1 CJE UK Recieved
42. Chris-Boris (2nd set) - Recieved
43. nutsaboutscoobies - Recieved
44. J.T
45. Scooby23 Ordered and Paid

Mine arrived when I was away offshore. Look good even on the floor of the spare room. :lol1: :lol1: :lol1: Will try and get them fitted in the not too distant future. Once I decide where and how I am going to fit them :rolleyes: :brickwall :lol1:

Molbyman 22 August 2008 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Molbyman (Post 8079011)

Thanks again,

Chris
ScoobyTuner

I have confirmation from Chris that the pods are with UPS now. Hopefully will be here within a week :-).
I'll see if I can post some photos of sensor installation at week end but, as h4rry states, this info is aready on this thread if you look.

F1 CJE UK 22 August 2008 02:29 PM

good news thanks

Molbyman 26 August 2008 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Molbyman (Post 8079011)

Thanks again,

Chris
ScoobyTuner

Pods have arrived safe and sound :-)

Uses the genuine Subaru pod with an insert to locate the gauges. The gauges can be retained within the insert with the long strip of black foam tape supplied with the gauges. Plastic exactly the same as the original on your dash.

I have to go down to Somerset tomorrow so won't be able to post the pods to F1, coco and h4rry till Thursday.

h4rry - can you PM me with your e-mail address so I can send you some photos of the insert so you can make. Note also that there is a small cutaway on the pod too. Should not be too difficult to make I think. H4rry - have e-mailed you some pics.

Neil

F1 CJE UK 27 August 2008 02:17 PM

no rush dude. if you going to the big scooby meet at prodrive i could save you some p&p.

thanks again molbyman great mini group buy thanks to you

timmy2take 27 August 2008 03:29 PM

If there are people that don't look like there going to pay any chance other people can jump in?

F1 CJE UK 27 August 2008 05:02 PM

give the guy a email and i am sure he will give you this deal. loads of others have bought these after the cut off date

rbaz 27 August 2008 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by timmy2take (Post 8093524)
If there are people that don't look like there going to pay any chance other people can jump in?

Yeah give Danny an email tell him you are from here and see what he can do :thumb:
danny@globalennovations.com

Molbyman 27 August 2008 08:44 PM

Scoobytuner Pods

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK (Post 8093375)
no rush dude. if you going to the big scooby meet at prodrive i could save you some p&p.

thanks again molbyman great mini group buy thanks to you

Pods all packaged up and will post tomorrow (Thursday). Will ask for "signed for" post rate to ensure pods dont get lost after all the effort lol. Guess will be with you all on Monday so if your not in you may have to pop down to your local Post Office and collect.

F1 CJE UK 27 August 2008 08:58 PM

thanks again

coco08 27 August 2008 09:43 PM

A big thank you from him too:wonder:

Time to get the hammer out:eek2:

Best regards Coco

rbaz 28 August 2008 10:01 AM

Have just spoken to Danny at Xyber and he can still do these for people with the same discount :thumb:
So if anybody else is interested PM me and I will send you the ordering instructions to get the discount.

If anybody is a member on SIDC and wants to let people on there know about these Danny can do them the same deal discounts for all Scoobys. Or get them to email me and I can pass the details on.

F1 CJE UK 29 August 2008 12:35 PM

hi molbyman my pod turned up today looks great thankd for all the work that you have put into this 4 me and once again thanks Rbaz for getting this group buy of the ground. another happy scoobynet member

coco08 29 August 2008 11:16 PM

Me too molbyman got my pod today.Thanks for everything:luxhello: :luxhello:

Regards to all

Coco:notworthy

coco08 30 August 2008 09:07 PM

Got to ask a daft question Molbyman. Did your pod come with cut outs aleady in.
Also have you a picture to where you run your cables through the bulk head into the car?

Regards Coco

coco08 30 August 2008 10:02 PM

Ignore the first question above i am a idiot. But a picture for the bulk head would be nice:notworthy

regards

h4rry 30 August 2008 11:12 PM

Coco, there is a grommit to the right and slightly above the clutch pedal that i have used, it seemed to be the easiest place for me pate as you can get your hands up and downb the dash on that side, if you go for the passenger side you have to take golve box out.

Not recieved my pod yet, although im sure its on its way.

Thanks for the pics etc molby, spot on!!

apalmer 04 September 2008 02:28 PM

For anyone not sure where to buy a pod from i can honestly say the quality of the part from "scoobyparts" is very very good and fits perfectly with no overhang or gaps. Will get some pictures up once fitted.

mine was for a 99 sti with the facelift :)