ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Man United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782460-the-2009-2010-man-united-thread.html)

FlightMan 07 April 2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9334832)
LOL @ Fergie saying about Germans getting them sent off by running to the ref. Of course united have never done this...hahaha!

Short memory some people.

Fergie said that did he? Well he is getting on and we must make allowances for age. Here's a picture to help him along.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/...71_468x286.jpg

And here's another. :D

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/m...l_1611761c.jpg

Aaron1978 07 April 2010 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9334852)
good to see Man utd getting theier own medicine, looks like they will only be lifting the mickey mouse cup this season: )

Where's Ronaldo ya gone, where's ya Ronaldo gone....

hmmm are you a Chelsea fan:wonder:

L.J.F 07 April 2010 10:04 PM

PMSL

L.J.F 07 April 2010 10:06 PM

No i proudly support West Ham Utd:)

Aaron1978 07 April 2010 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9334884)
PMSL

indeed;)

More_Boost 07 April 2010 10:09 PM

And I thought we had problems... :D

Bravo2zero_sps 07 April 2010 10:11 PM

It's Barca's cup this year - again. Them having beaten us I wanted to see a Barca vs Utd final but not to be. No one left in the competition has a chance against Barca.

L.J.F 07 April 2010 10:15 PM

I am sure Arsenal will win everything before them in ther near future dont you worry:)

Aaron1978 07 April 2010 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9334907)
It's Barca's cup this year - again. Them having beaten us I wanted to see a Barca vs Utd final but not to be. No one left in the competition has a chance against Barca.

Agreed although even if United were in the final i think it would have been the same result as last year as we've been nowhere near the performance levels needed to compete nevermind beat Barca.

Aaron:thumb:

Aaron1978 07 April 2010 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9334924)
I am sure Arsenal will win everything before them in ther near future dont you worry:)

Not quite sure what you mean.

Aaron:thumb:

L.J.F 07 April 2010 10:41 PM

i think Arsenal are setup to dominate the Premier league in the comings yrs.

Trout 07 April 2010 10:47 PM

Really looking forward to the Special One v Messi :D

bighead 07 April 2010 11:05 PM

do not dismiss Inter milan

LUCKO 07 April 2010 11:14 PM

Fergie = Cnut

that is all

Funkii Munkii 07 April 2010 11:15 PM

What a p1sser, at least you lot can stay in the pub, I have a full 8 hours ahead of me, at least no one here will take the p1ss because they dont have a clue about "soccer" :rolleyes:

When Ribery was going mad waving his imaginary yellow card I though the ref was booking him and not Da Silva.

Who are all these nobodies who've popped into sport ???

Probably too young to remember their own teams playing in europe :lol1: Intertoto doesn't count DavyBoy :thumb:

Oh well

Funkii Munkii 07 April 2010 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 9335049)
Fergie = Cnut

that is all

Why's that Chameleon ??

Little Miss WRX 08 April 2010 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 9335053)
What a p1sser, at least you lot can stay in the pub, I have a full 8 hours ahead of me, at least no one here will take the p1ss because they dont have a clue about "soccer" :rolleyes:

When Ribery was going mad waving his imaginary yellow card I though the ref was booking him and not Da Silva.

Who are all these nobodies who've popped into sport ???

Probably too young to remember their own teams playing in europe :lol1: Intertoto doesn't count DavyBoy :thumb:

Oh well

It takes time to re-educate people, since Sir Johnny Warren died, the national and State/Territory associations have been renamed football but old habits die hard. Remember as well that the English originally developed the nick name "soccer" so we can't get too annoyed at it, if it wasn't for that, it would always be football.

There doesn't seem to be many real fans, a lot of glory hunters or ones who support the most televised sides, but you do meet a lot of real fans in the local and state associations, passionate people who know their **** and provide fantastic debate whether they be arguing against or with you. ;)

As for the game, I watched it this morning and when MU went three up they just seemed to go flat. Even more so when Rooney was subbed. SAF summed it up regarding Rooney, he was always going to be a target for teams, that's reality in games now, target weakness, then launch an attack. BM did that and MU fell flat.

Will 08 April 2010 04:41 AM

HA HA United poo :D

And Villa will never see the Champions league :D

ash1 08 April 2010 08:08 AM

great goal from robben and great time for a wobble.

time to get behind liverpool and fulham as englands hope in europe.

STi wanna Subaru 08 April 2010 09:07 AM

how did I know ash would be posting this morning?!

I hope both Liverpool and Fulham do well. got to support the small clubs in europe.

urban 08 April 2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 9334856)
Berbatov is lazy. Sell him

Yep - I've been saying that for the last 3 months now.
He's had his chance and he doesn't fit.

Gav 08 April 2010 09:27 AM

Not suprised to see a load of LFC fans on here this morning. You get more enjoyment out of United failing than your own team doing well it seems:rolleyes:

I thought we played well and their goal before half time really gave them hope. Rafael was awesome before he got sent off and showed his potential, i'd have him playing over Neville any day of the week. I bet he didnt get too much sleep last night though:(

Oh well, it's only a game:)

urban 08 April 2010 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 9335253)
great goal from robben and great time for a wobble.

After the amount of stick several Liverpool "fans" have given me last night and this morning I'm really looking forward to them getting knocked out.

Whats even better is that they won't be in the Champions League next year either :P

At least with Fulham - being not "very" well known there aren't so many "fans"

urban 08 April 2010 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9334852)
good to see Man utd getting theier own medicine, looks like they will only be lifting the mickey mouse cup this season: )

Where's Ronaldo ya gone, where's ya Ronaldo gone....

We don't need Ronaldo anymore though - thats old news :hjtwofing

urban 08 April 2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 9334300)
The time will have to be next season to see if Arsenal can "do" Chelsea

Alright alright.

I typed Arsenal :confused: - I meant the other London club with the tall fellow ;)

FlightMan 08 April 2010 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 9335347)
Not suprised to see a load of LFC fans on here this morning. You get more enjoyment out of United failing than your own team doing well it seems:rolleyes:

Can you not see the irony in that statement? :Whatever_

Every time Liverpool "turn a corner" ( and Christ knows we've turned many corners this season :thumb: ) Utd fans have been all over the LFC thread.

So, suck it up sunshine! :lol1:

Aaron1978 08 April 2010 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 9335347)

I expected nothing else:lol1:

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9335359)

Every time Liverpool "turn a corner" ( and Christ knows we've turned many corners this season :thumb: ) Utd fans have been all over the LFC thread.

flightman has a point, for once:D

FlightMan 08 April 2010 10:33 AM

I'll also add that I expect to see another influx of Utd fans in the LFC thread at around 21:35 this evening, when our season comes to an end. :thumb:

Turbo2 08 April 2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ash1 (Post 9335253)

We'll have a job to manage that: the numbskulls at ITV4 & Channel 5 have allowed both matches to be scheduled for kick-off at exactly the same time. :cuckoo:

urban 08 April 2010 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9335359)

Are LFC gonna get even more dizzy tonight then after/if you turn another corner? :D