ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Man United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782460-the-2009-2010-man-united-thread.html)

Funkii Munkii 08 April 2010 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9335421)
I'll also add that I expect to see another influx of Utd fans in the LFC thread at around 21:35 this evening, when our season comes to an end. :thumb:

Pah !! we did that in September when the rest of us knew it was over :thumb:

Funkii Munkii 08 April 2010 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 9335466)
We'll have a job to manage that: the numbskulls at ITV4 & Channel 5 have allowed both matches to be scheduled for kick-off at exactly the same time. :cuckoo:

Ooooooh all the classy channels are snapping these games up then :D

ilogikal1 08 April 2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 9335347)
Not suprised to see a load of LFC fans on here this morning. You get more enjoyment out of United failing than your own team doing well it seems:rolleyes:

How would we know this? ;)

Gav 08 April 2010 02:08 PM

Not so much you flightman, your on here for the p!ss to be taken come rain or shine but certain other LFC fans only appear when United loose a game:)

FlightMan 08 April 2010 03:36 PM

:thumb:

pauld37 08 April 2010 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 9335049)
Fergie = Cnut

that is all

Blunt as ever :lol1:

NAF 08 April 2010 05:58 PM

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Aaron1978 08 April 2010 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Turbo2 (Post 9335466)
We'll have a job to manage that: the numbskulls at ITV4 & Channel 5 have allowed both matches to be scheduled for kick-off at exactly the same time. :cuckoo:

Its Uefa not the might of CH5 and ITV who decide times. 'allowed':wonder: you can't even watch two CL games with two english teams playing unless one is in deep dark eastern europe.

Aaron:thumb:

Aaron1978 08 April 2010 07:14 PM

Javier Hernandez joining on 1st July, looks a good player. Strong with both feet and a good header of the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjg06sHnDwA

Funkii Munkii 08 April 2010 11:24 PM

Just read that, I know nothing of the lad, will be interesting, all these young strikers fergie is snapping up, on the cheap, I hope he hasn't been sucked in by Arsene and his ways, he still needs a big name in midfield come the summer !

More_Boost 09 April 2010 03:09 AM

United do need another striker,hope he proves to be an asset. :thumb:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pa...newsid=6647972

LUCKO 10 April 2010 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by pauld37 (Post 9336035)
Blunt as ever :lol1:

Paul he is a total cnut, 'the Bayern players got him sent off' :rolleyes:

sore sore loser and im particuarly pleased such a miserable when they lose team have been knocked out ;)

Aaron1978 10 April 2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 9338894)
Paul he is a total cnut, 'the Bayern players got him sent off' :rolleyes:

sore sore loser and im particuarly pleased such a miserable when they lose team have been knocked out ;)

Being a sore loser has made him such a winner;)

Wenger and Benitez are much worse in their blinkered views on what happens on the pitch:lol1:

richie001 10 April 2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9339085)
Being a sore loser has made him such a winner;)

Wenger and Benitez are much worse in their blinkered views on what happens on the pitch:lol1:

I've never heard him after losing just say "we got beat by a better side today".He always has to find someone to blame when his team gets beat.

Aaron1978 10 April 2010 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9339127)
I've never heard him after losing just say "we got beat by a better side today".He always has to find someone to blame when his team gets beat.

I've heard him say that loads of times:lol1: come on:Whatever_

Aaron1978 10 April 2010 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9339127)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkO9ghWcrKY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb92Ky6Srr0

thats just the first couple i came across, obviously when interviewed managers have to give reasons and talk about what they thought contributed to the defeat, and sometimes they are sore losers and look for something/someone to blame.

ash1 11 April 2010 01:06 PM

bad loser and casual racism. great role model and a knighthood well deserved.

STi wanna Subaru 11 April 2010 03:35 PM

Bye bye chance of the title. I think There's needs to be a cull now at United. clear some funds and bring in some new talent.

Aaron1978 11 April 2010 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9340624)
Bye bye chance of the title. I think There's needs to be a cull now at United. clear some funds and bring in some new talent.

Ageed, Nani and Berbatov need to go, also Park as good as his work rate is he always looks for the safe ball instead of the right ball. Another striker and attacking CM plus a natural left sided winger/midfielder.

Title hopes over as far as i'm concerned too, missed Fletch today. Would have him and Gibson over todays pairing.

FlightMan 11 April 2010 04:07 PM

You'll be lucky to get 2nd place now. Not a one man team eh? Sure as hell looks like it to my eyes.

LUCKO 11 April 2010 04:19 PM

who will red nose blame today then?

Berbatov = waste of £
Rooney = Pure Class
Macheda = Not Ready
Owen = Injuries

back in the day United had Yorke/Cole and then Teddy/Ole to come on if required........this is where its gone wrong imho (no plan b)

STi wanna Subaru 11 April 2010 05:08 PM

There's a lack of creativity and goals from midfield which is the main problem for me. Still having won the title 3 years running maybe United fans have been spoilt somewhat. I feel the problem now is there's no money to spend which considering the ronaldo fee received is something the fans really feel aggrieved about.

belliott69 11 April 2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9340663)
You'll be lucky to get 2nd place now. Not a one man team eh? Sure as hell looks like it to my eyes.

next time liverpool get that high they'll get a nosebleed.:D

i've said for a while now that nani needs to go, too inconsistent and tries to be flashy like ronaldo, but is not.
berbatov is just not up to the standard, doesn't really try.
park has always annoyed me with all the build up play then he wastes it.
rafael is looking a good defender but has no self control, too many cards in his short career already.
the one last point is that we have a lot of players that are starting to get on and are not as effective, scholes being my main point, why is he used in the big games now as he still can't tackle and can never play a full game, he should really be a fill in player now in the smaller games.

Aaron1978 11 April 2010 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 9340689)
back in the day United had Yorke/Cole and then Teddy/Ole to come on if required........this is where its gone wrong imho (no plan b)

Yes we've never recovered from those days and won nothing.

richie001 11 April 2010 05:31 PM

UTD still got a chance of the title,after Chelsea's draw against Blackburn i thought we'd lost the title,now look 1 point clear with a game in hand.Are Run in isn't easy with Tottenham and Liverpool Away.

pauld37 11 April 2010 05:38 PM

What a nice weekend of footie :).

Play Up Pompey! :D

STi wanna Subaru 11 April 2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 9340804)
UTD still got a chance of the title,after Chelsea's draw against Blackburn i thought we'd lost the title,now look 1 point clear with a game in hand.Are Run in isn't easy with Tottenham and Liverpool Away.

Liverpool have conceded 4th so will rest players for your trip up there. United are playing for 2nd place now with Arsenal IMO. Chelsea have the best squad currently so will be deserved although I think the standard of the prem has fallen.

FlightMan 11 April 2010 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9340846)
Liverpool have conceded 4th so will rest players for your trip up there. United are playing for 2nd place now with Arsenal IMO. Chelsea have the best squad currently so will be deserved although I think the standard of the prem has fallen.

+1

chocolate_o_brian 11 April 2010 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9340846)

I'd agree with that. Some very good players have left and not been replaced, Alonso and Ronny to name two who went to Real last summer.

I personally think it's time Berba left, it's just not working for him at Utd. I'm hoping for big things from the Mexican lad in the next couple of years.

Main thing I'm concerned about is that this team has probably had it's main success (3 titles in a row, CL etc) and Fergie isn't gonna last forever. I doubt he has time on his side with regards creating a 4th great Utd team. I'm worried for the future in all honesty, Chelsea have managed to maintain a steady title challenge through 5 managers in the last 3-4 years. I don't think Utd will be able to do that. :(

As for todays result, I believe that all but hands Chelsea the title. They have the best goal difference and have been the best consistantly all season. That said, if they do f*ck up and we get a 4th in a row, I'll be uber chuffed and all the above will mean bollocks :D

Bravo2zero_sps 11 April 2010 09:58 PM

If Chelsea lose their next game and Arsenal win theirs there is only 1 point between the 3 with 4 games to play. A big if I know but would make one hell of a run in.