ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   iPhone 8 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/1049779-iphone-8-a.html)

bioforger 03 November 2017 12:21 PM

Because you get royally screwed on the price when you try to buy it immediately after launch, at least wait til the price has stabilized and come down a bit, there are so many better deals to be had if you wait say a month. Of course stock is an issue with the X isn't it lol

JackClark 03 November 2017 12:28 PM

The price doesn't change, not sure what you're on about.

bioforger 03 November 2017 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11976139)
The price doesn't change, not sure what you're on about.

Rubbish, available deals/contracts always reduce in price from launch day for any new smartphone. Of course if he is buying the phone outright he's even more of a moron.

JackClark 03 November 2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976140)
Rubbish, available deals/contracts always reduce in price from launch day for any new smartphone. Of course if he is buying the phone outright he's even more of a moron.

Good god, it was only yesterday that you were saying how much more you pay for a device when it's on contract, flip flopping like a fish again. I've saved hundreds of pounds by buying direct.

bioforger 03 November 2017 01:28 PM

Hush, that's a separate discussion, we're talking about buying phones on launch day, which is just daft.

JackClark 03 November 2017 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976153)
Hush, that's a separate discussion, we're talking about buying phones on launch day, which is just daft.

No it’s not, it was on this thread talking about the latest iPhone. Hush yourself, ****ing fish.

bioforger 03 November 2017 01:56 PM

Cockskin.

JackClark 03 November 2017 06:07 PM

Putting this up just for old Custard Pie. No way he can resist watching it.

JackClark 03 November 2017 06:09 PM

And the reason people do it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Mobile-Sm...rt=nc&LH_BIN=1

stevebt 03 November 2017 07:29 PM

I was surprised to see the X is of a similar size to my S7 edge.

stevebt 03 November 2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976140)

There was an article in the Daily Mail about 3 ripping customers off charging £117 a month for unlimited everything with an iPhone X. They quoted sim only unlimited everything is £30 a month so overal they were charging you £2000 for the phone!

If you can afford it better buy outright as not one phone provider will give you a discounted phone. EE wanted £1100 for an iPhone 8 by the time I took the price of my sim only contract off their monthly phone contract and that was with a £5 a month discount.

JackClark 03 November 2017 07:41 PM

Get out of here with your facts.

bioforger 03 November 2017 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11976232)

lol facking insane, sleeping outside a shop for 5 days hah, sad bastards.

bioforger 03 November 2017 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 11976262)
There was an article in the Daily Mail about 3 ripping customers off charging £117 a month for unlimited everything with an iPhone X. They quoted sim only unlimited everything is £30 a month so overal they were charging you £2000 for the phone!

If you can afford it better buy outright as not one phone provider will give you a discounted phone. EE wanted £1100 for an iPhone 8 by the time I took the price of my sim only contract off their monthly phone contract and that was with a £5 a month discount.

i know and agree buying outright always works out cheaper, but most people can't afford to do that can they, especially for any decent smartphones.

JackClark 03 November 2017 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by bioforger (Post 11976264)
lol facking insane, sleeping outside a shop for 5 days hah, sad bastards.

There a whole Q4U company, people in New York have a lot of money, Milton Keynes... not so much.

JackClark 05 November 2017 10:48 AM

I'll let you know how my drop test goes, probably won't be long, mine's in a Quadlock case, they make them for Samsung too.

I'm not going to click a link that has "shocking results" and "You won't believe this" as clickbait, about as much trouble getting you on the hook as it is to trigger your anger.

I can tell you that the GPU in the iPhone is something else, have you seen how fast it processes video? Let's not forget that both the iPhone, the new Samsungs and the Pixel have amazing cameras, it's the processing that really sets them apart, the iPhone can do things that the others may not catch up with. Pretty sure you've seen the stats as they're the ones you once trolled out to your mates, even when you couldn't read them.

Here's a great video for you, Sam is an excellent blogger.

JackClark 05 November 2017 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by toffee_pie (Post 11976495)
With the s7 edge having a superior display, faster charging, external memory.

People queuing up for that over priced junk lol, retarded.

Can you just remind me what device you use? Promise not to take the piss.

JackClark 05 November 2017 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by toffee_pie (Post 11976528)
Jacko, being the brainwashed fanboy he is will never accept anything but what cack apple say.

Anyone who pays 1k for the iPhone X needs a lobotomy

http://news.softpedia.com/news/this-...e-518385.shtml

You know I bought the 8+ right? Because I don't believe everything that's shiny, new or cack Apple says is gold. It was only a couple of hundred pounds cheaper so wasn't 100% a financial decision but that was a factor. The money I've saved will buy me a new Camera or a HomePod.

You have to stop judging Apple products against what you have, go compare the Pixel to the S8, the Pixel is obviously better but still not in the same league as the iPhone and not just because it doesn't bounce as well or because it's sexy. LOL.

neil-h 05 November 2017 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by toffee_pie (Post 11976528)
Jacko, being the brainwashed fanboy he is will never accept anything but what cack apple say.

Anyone who pays 1k for the iPhone X needs a lobotomy

http://news.softpedia.com/news/this-...e-518385.shtml

So just for confirmation purposes. Jack is the brainwashed fan boy yet you’re the one wanking yourself senseless over every video/statistic trying to prove that Samsung phones are better... Right :thumb:

stevebt 05 November 2017 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 11976541)
You know I bought the 8+ right? Because I don't believe everything that's shiny, new or cack Apple says is gold. It was only a couple of hundred pounds cheaper so wasn't 100% a financial decision but that was a factor. The money I've saved will buy me a new Camera or a HomePod.

You have to stop judging Apple products against what you have, go compare the Pixel to the S8, the Pixel is obviously better but still not in the same league as the iPhone and not just because it doesn't bounce as well or because it's sexy. LOL.

I’m sure on launch a basic 8+ was nearly £900 so not a kick in the a rse off £1k

lozgti1 05 November 2017 10:01 PM

It.Is.A. Telephone.Thing.

However. More important than God and life itself, your family, your sanity, your kids,politics, your job,your home in this day and age

I love watching it all happen:D ace:thumb:

lozgti1 05 November 2017 10:03 PM

Missed sex off the list.lol

JackClark 05 November 2017 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 11976606)
I’m sure on launch a basic 8+ was nearly £900 so not a kick in the a rse off £1k

It was £998 which made me bite my tongue, but I said if the 256 was over a grand I wouldn’t go for launch day and it wasn’t so I got one. I am super happy with it as anyone should be, people don’t stare at it, as they would an X but it’s quite amazing to use.

I already want FaceID, apps are appearing that are getting creative and fun.

If if you see one try the True Tone settings, I’ve never seen a better LCD screen, there may never be better.

JackClark 05 November 2017 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11976546)
So just for confirmation purposes. Jack is the brainwashed fan boy yet you’re the one wanking yourself senseless over every video/statistic trying to prove that Samsung phones are better... Right :thumb:

I press his buttons for advertising revenue. Got to pay the mods.

Wurzel 06 November 2017 12:56 PM

http://news.sky.com/story/samsungs-n...notch-11116109

JackClark 06 November 2017 01:08 PM

That’s a funny one. I really like one of the highlights, where he has all those adaptors in his S9, what a tit, should have jumped on the Bluetooth bandwagon when Apple said jump.

I can’t tell you how good Apple Bluetooth is right now. Just magic, it’s what we were promised years ago. I hear google have done a great job too, but that’s for another thread as I doubt you’ll see it for years on any Samsung device.

Wifi password sharing is hmm, maybe too good.

Tidgy 06 November 2017 01:28 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-41886969

lol

also seeing some reports of broken x's already?

bioforger 06 November 2017 05:00 PM

lol ironic when their whole product family starts with an 'i' :lol1: It also has batt issues, iSwell and I love the way apple have put out a disclaimer about screen burn lol. So much for apple adding their own functions/design for the oled panels eh jack.

JackClark 06 November 2017 05:45 PM

I saw that on Reddit, probably holding it wrong.

bioforger 06 November 2017 05:52 PM

You always know when JC has been owned, as he resorts to farcical replies :D