ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Prosport Stepper Gauges (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/697041-prosport-stepper-gauges.html)

Matt578 04 January 2009 07:55 PM

Scooby parts, but you will have to ring them as there site is down, think they opened again on the 5th so should be ok to call tomorrow

phil739 04 January 2009 08:26 PM

scooby parts site is ok

just changed from .com to .co.uk

Matt578 04 January 2009 08:43 PM

ahhh well thats why ;)

This might help you if you need it, CLICK ME

psigeek 05 January 2009 08:05 AM

Has anyone used the sandwich plate that they sell with the gauges? Previous comments suggest the quality isn't up to much. Is this the case?

rbaz 05 January 2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by psigeek (Post 8397629)
Has anyone used the sandwich plate that they sell with the gauges? Previous comments suggest the quality isn't up to much. Is this the case?

It’s not the quality of the part it’s the location of the filter on the Subaru engine which is not ideal.
The 3rd cylinder plug and original pressure location are the perfect places for taking the readings from to get the most accurate readings :thumb:

psigeek 05 January 2009 10:30 AM

^^^Ah I see. Thanks for that, clear and concise. I haven't received the gauges yet but I think I will get the fittings as shown on scoobyparts. The link above is useful. Couldn't look earlier as I was browsing on the mobile. Cheers rbaz.

hasting_s 06 January 2009 02:42 PM

Hey,

Just a quick question to all you's that fitted your warning lights. Mine just arrived two days ago about two months after the gauges. I've got my gauges fitted in pod in the centre of the dash where the clock used to be. Well what i wanted to know was where have you fitted the warning lights, there massive compared to what I thought they would be. Anyone got any pics of them fitted?

Cheers

Duane

wrighty338 08 January 2009 02:05 PM

how comes you went for a warning light when they have a peak function?

steveo_8 10 January 2009 10:19 AM

Maxy uk i might be interested. your pm box is full.

notfub 10 January 2009 11:55 AM

Anyone had issues with their Oil Temp gauge? Mine has started flashing and the needle is jumping about. It's the middle gauge of the three I bought so must be getting reliable power due to the end gauge performing well (powered via the oil temp gauge).

Will contact Danny about a replacement but just wondered if I'm the only unlucky one?

wrighty338 10 January 2009 04:50 PM

mine also did that but iv not had them in or operational long enough yet to prove its a faulty guage, its also in the middle, powered by oil tempt to the left..id check your sensor mate make sure its earthed well first

naughtyhunnybunny 10 January 2009 05:04 PM

My oil temp done exactly the same, it was a faulty sender, one of those things I suppose although I'm still having probs with the boost gauge as well and not too sure what to do about that as I haven't followed it up, it insists I'm hitting 2 bar which I'm not ..

I got another sender for the oil temp from Gauge Place. I'm sure Xyber Auto's would have put it right had I contacted them but I run it by Nick at Gauge Place, he pointed me in the right direction and he was spot on and its been fine since. I was just too impatient to wait..
Thanks Julie

Matt578 10 January 2009 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by naughtyhunnybunny (Post 8412879)
My oil temp done exactly the same, it was a faulty sender, one of those things I suppose although I'm still having probs with the boost gauge as well and not too sure what to do about that as I haven't followed it up, it insists I'm hitting 2 bar which I'm not ..

I got another sender for the oil temp from Gauge Place. I'm sure Xyber Auto's would have put it right had I contacted them but I run it by Nick at Gauge Place, he pointed me in the right direction and he was spot on and its been fine since. I was just too impatient to wait..
Thanks Julie

Stange that you say that julie, if i brake hard my car hits 2 bar of boost apperantly, also when i pull away from junctions i hit 2bar. When you contact Xyber let me know how you get on as i will have to get mine replaced too.

notfub 10 January 2009 08:07 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Originally Posted by wrighty338 (Post 8412847)
id check your sensor mate make sure its earthed well first

Wrighty338,
The sensor is screwed in the back of the block where a blank plug originally was (beneath turbo to intercooler pipe). It has two wires coming out of it which are attached to the supplied gauge cable coming into the car (via bulkhead) and to the back of the gauge. Where is the sensor earth? All 3 gauges are powered and earthed from the same point (due to daisychain effect) as far as I recall.

Julie,
Thanks for the tip regarding the faulty sender. :)
Having bought a fitting kit from Nick, his website seems to be offline at the moment. Is Gaugeplace still trading?

For info, my boost gauge is connected to the top of the manifold at the front of the engine (just to the left of & below the coil pack, if looking from the front). No problems with it so far and the oil pressure gauge is also running ok.

rbaz 11 January 2009 10:21 AM

The sensor needs to earthed to the engine block if you use to much PTFE tape you may not have a good earth. :thumb:

notfub 11 January 2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8414639)
The sensor needs to earthed to the engine block if you use to much PTFE tape you may not have a good earth. :thumb:

The gauge has been working fine since the initial install (3 months ago), it's just that the last 4 weeks it's been getting gradually worse. Currently it doesn't register any temp at all but the gauge just illuminates / flashes randomly. I'll have a re-fit session from sensor to gauge to see if I can fix the issue. Thanks rbaz :thumb:

chrispy200+ 21 January 2009 11:29 AM

Hi, i've contacted Danny about the gauges but the gaugeplace webiste is down. Does anyone know anywhere else that sells the adaptor for the oil pressure and oil temp gauges?
Found something similiar on ebay i think but cant find any pictures of the gaugeplace kit
Cheers
Chris

naughtyhunnybunny 21 January 2009 02:39 PM

The Gauge Place website has been down for some time now, I know on page 4 of this thread Nick had put his own email address up for us to contact him direct as a last resort which this is if its the only option..
I myself contacted him this way for a replacement sensor for my oil temp gauge but that was in Oct 08
nickgilchrist@yahoo.com

Thanks Julie

Matt578 21 January 2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 8442409)
Hi, i've contacted Danny about the gauges but the gaugeplace webiste is down. Does anyone know anywhere else that sells the adaptor for the oil pressure and oil temp gauges?
Found something similiar on ebay i think but cant find any pictures of the gaugeplace kit
Cheers
Chris

Im assuming you mean these chris

Gauge fitting adapters

chrispy200+ 21 January 2009 08:20 PM

yeah thats pretty much the ones thanks, found the ones now from gaugeplace as well

AndyLyman 23 January 2009 03:51 PM

Any chance I can get a set of the guages -

I know it's a bit late in asking...

Any chance?

Andy

rbaz 23 January 2009 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by AndyLyman (Post 8448999)
Any chance I can get a set of the guages -

I know it's a bit late in asking...

Any chance?

Andy

Yes they are still available PM sent :thumb:

AndyLyman 23 January 2009 05:07 PM

Cheers mate

Much appreciated

Andy

sagan 23 January 2009 05:32 PM

can i still order some for me?

i wanted the following:

Boost gauge
Oil Pressure gauge
Oil Temperature gauge

rbaz 23 January 2009 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by sagan (Post 8449296)
can i still order some for me?

i wanted the following:

Boost gauge
Oil Pressure gauge
Oil Temperature gauge

Yes PM sent :thumb:

damandblast 23 January 2009 06:13 PM

Hey, looking at the following since I already have some gauges set up in the scoob, just want the rest now; can I have some info on the following and prices/what they come with please.

The three;
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Oil Pressure gauge (BAR/PSI)
Oil Temperature gauge

rbaz 23 January 2009 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by damandblast (Post 8449429)
Hey, looking at the following since I already have some gauges set up in the scoob, just want the rest now; can I have some info on the following and prices/what they come with please.

The three;
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Oil Pressure gauge (BAR/PSI)
Oil Temperature gauge

Yes he can mix the sets PM sent :thumb:

damandblast 24 January 2009 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8449708)
Yes he can mix the sets PM sent :thumb:

Thanks for the pm and the info :thumb:

shawn r 25 January 2009 03:44 PM

can i have recent details fo these and prices please.

boost in bar
oil pressure bar
oil temp

and centre pod for bugeye sti. cheers

rbaz 25 January 2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by shawn r (Post 8453919)
can i have recent details fo these and prices please.

boost in bar
oil pressure bar
oil temp

and centre pod for bugeye sti. cheers

We can still get 10% off them.
The full price is now £114.90 so with the discount £103.41 delivered
PM me for ordering instructions :thumb: