ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

Bravo2zero_sps 06 May 2010 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 9382613)
Arsenal have the easiest game ever last game of the season. Well done on 3rd.

:lol: not trying to jinx us there by any chance :D The way we've been playing I wouldn't count on us beating anyone at the moment.

As for Wenger complaining of Blackburn targetting our goal keeper wtf does he expect? Play a sh!t keeper who flaps at everything and of course the opponents are going to lob balls at him to flap at :rolleyes:

DaveBeck 06 May 2010 02:57 PM

:thumb:

STi wanna Subaru 06 May 2010 04:19 PM

You're playing Fulham at home who have the biggest game ever in their history a few days after. The bloody tea lady is going to be turning out for them!

Bravo2zero_sps 06 May 2010 09:00 PM

Oh I know but you've seen how sh!t we've been this season at times! The Fulham tea lady could score against Flapianski :lol1:

DaveBeck 14 May 2010 08:59 AM

mmmmmmmm does this sound like a come and get me to you :lol1: but he does manage to cover the "i still love my club" bit well also

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...152260,00.html

Bravo2zero_sps 14 May 2010 09:21 AM

He is desperate to leave otherwise he wouldn't be stirring up sh!t like that. If he doesn't want to play for us any more then he can fcuk off :thumb: Get as much cash as possible for him and as Wenger has pointed out with the midfielders Barca already have it is unlikely he will be 1st choice week in week out anyway so he will suffer in such a move.

The biggest worry selling him is how attrocious Arsenal are at getting transfer fees right. Henry went for less than Darren Bent did, we sold Diarra to Portsmouth for £5m then they sold him to Madrid for around £20m and then we let players like Flamini go for nothing. Not a great record on getting their money's worth :rolleyes:

Barca are touting Toure as a part exchange, well I think his time has passed as we wanted him ages ago and he said no thanks so now he is on the way down he can go else where and fade away. We don't need Barca cast offs.

STi wanna Subaru 14 May 2010 09:25 AM

Everybody knows Cesc is gone. Shame for the Prem.

DaveBeck 14 May 2010 09:55 AM

i think he will stay another season. fingers crossed

Bravo2zero_sps 15 May 2010 04:08 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...155473,00.html

I'm not so sure Dave. However I really don't see how he'd get in the team as I wouldn't play him above Xavi and Iniesta.

DaveBeck 15 May 2010 06:41 PM

replacement for Xavi i think mate.

I have a feeling some Spanish players will be talking in his ear this world cup lol

I would hate to see him go but fairs fair, he loves Barca so no issues if he finally went. Just wish he would man up and say yes im going/i want to go next year etc.

I dont think we will let him go this year. defo gone next season. Just hope we make the right money. £45mill easy imo

Bravo2zero_sps 18 May 2010 09:45 PM

Loooks like I was right mate (sadly), he is off now:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...161191,00.html

I agree with the comments on that story though, put him out to market and he goes to who ever bids the highest not just let Barca dictate the price. Like the idea of Spartak Moscow bidding the highest and see how he would like playing there :lol1:

What a mockery of him signing a 5 year contract. If he got 'signing fees' for that they should be taken back.

Going to be a laughable season next season with Fabregas and Gallas at the very least going. So 2 less experienced players and only Chamakh in the pipeline coming in.

They will need Hangeland from Fulham and a quality defensive midfielder to come in. But as Wenger wont spend the cash he wont get what we need and we will end up with more no marks.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...144982,00.html

Bravo2zero_sps 18 May 2010 10:11 PM

To add with Wenger still not having extended his contract the club is ripe for a takeover. New owners, new manager and a fcuk load of new players with our current sh!t like Bendtner, Diaby and Denilson chucked in the bin. Usmanov get your wallet out and get David Dein back in charge and get rid of Peter Hill-Wood and Danny bloody Fitzman for good!

DaveBeck 18 May 2010 10:13 PM

Dont believe all you read mate.

We all know he is going to Barca at some point. The story has broken from Spain and there is an election going on.

I'll be pissed off if he goes this season due to him saying how happy he is only a month ago.

BUT!! everything is leading to it being sooner rather than later. His press conference saying he will go back etc etc.

I just feel we will get him for another season. pre contract the same as ronaldo got i reckon at Madrid.

If Wenger lets him go for 30 mill then i will cry. If kaka went for 60mill then Cesc is worth that all day.

It will be a sad day but we knew it was coming. I have been on the rumours site alot and some of the players being mentioned makes for a good team :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 18 May 2010 10:48 PM

:lol1: what's this rumours site? They must be just that though as Wenger wont spend the cash for anyone good, look how they had to prize the cash away from him for Arshavin after the deadline had passed he was that outraged he had to spend £15m on one player :rolleyes:

I agree with the £30m being too low though. If Barca want him so badly why is it he is worth so little? Ronaldo for £80m, Kaka for £60m why then is Fabregas so highly desired but the offer price so low? Will be the same as Henry, Barca desperate to sign him and offer well below the value and Arsenal will stupidly take it.

I still believe he will be on the bench if he goes waiting for Xavi or Iniesta to get an injury before he plays.

STi wanna Subaru 18 May 2010 10:58 PM

Fabregas is gone fellas. Accept it. Sadly us United fans had to do the same with Ronaldo. As for the price. Well he's a great player but he's won nothing and it's still all about his potential in the main so I think with only one destination for the player ruling out a bidding war he'll go for about £30-40mil. Good return for a player you stole from them anyway ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 19 May 2010 08:03 AM

I've been saying he's gone most of this season (probably further back in this thread) as his heart has not been in it this season and that is the first sign of someone wanting to leave at the end of the season.

I think we have a few players to fill his place with Nasri being top of the list for creativity/work rate and goal scoring although we do rely on him on the left. We also have Ramsey and Wilshere to mature for that position. Arshavin could play there as the most creative player but is too lazy to defend.

You just know that however much they get for Fabregas Wenger wont spend it just like he didn't with the money from Toure and Adebeyor.

Still thinking some rip off deal will be done where Barca insist we take Toure junior and a pittance in cash which will be a joke.

What I hate most about Fabregas going is how he has always said how he wants to stay and how happy he is. That is what grates, why lie and why be a total cock about it. I hope Wenger gives him an absolute roasting. Of course the other option is Wenger says tough luck, you signed a 5 year deal and you aren't going anywhere this summer. That is what should happen as he is under contract. If he goes you might as well rip all contracts up as they are worthless.

Bravo2zero_sps 19 May 2010 08:08 AM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...161919,00.html

Would they really turn down £35m-£40m for him though and make him stay and cause trouble in the squad? I'd like to think they would but I can't see it, they like to fill the Highbury coffers at every opportunity.

STi wanna Subaru 19 May 2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9405813)
I've been saying he's gone most of this season (probably further back in this thread) as his heart has not been in it this season and that is the first sign of someone wanting to leave at the end of the season.

I think we have a few players to fill his place with Nasri being top of the list for creativity/work rate and goal scoring although we do rely on him on the left. We also have Ramsey and Wilshere to mature for that position. Arshavin could play there as the most creative player but is too lazy to defend.

You just know that however much they get for Fabregas Wenger wont spend it just like he didn't with the money from Toure and Adebeyor.

Still thinking some rip off deal will be done where Barca insist we take Toure junior and a pittance in cash which will be a joke.

What I hate most about Fabregas going is how he has always said how he wants to stay and how happy he is. That is what grates, why lie and why be a total cock about it. I hope Wenger gives him an absolute roasting. Of course the other option is Wenger says tough luck, you signed a 5 year deal and you aren't going anywhere this summer. That is what should happen as he is under contract. If he goes you might as well rip all contracts up as they are worthless.

Simple reason. The fans are reactionary morons. All fans are the same. It's like telling your wife you've shagged one of her mates but it's Ok you're going to stay with her for now. It's purely a soundbite to maintain harmony. could he realistically come out and say when asked that he wants to leave Arsenal for Barca and then they draw them in the CL?

DaveBeck 19 May 2010 10:10 AM

Personally i wouldnt sell him. Why? Because he's decided that while under a long term contract he wants to leave? He will go to Barca but surely when it suits Arsenal.

On the over hand, mancs said exactly the same about Ronaldo until that big bid come in. maybe Arsenal are waiting for a huge offer. Ive heard 40+ mill plus toure or evan Zlatlan ibravhimavic (spelling :D)

I'd take 50 for him if it gets invested in players. We could buy milner and a decent defender for that.

Id love Arsehavin playing through the middle behind front 2. A diamond formation would be cool with the squad. sell diaby and rosicky and put money towards a top quality winger.

If i can see it why cant wenger lol

STI we have excepted he has gone mate ;) have done all season

Funkii Munkii 19 May 2010 10:40 AM

De ja Vu

Vieira
Henry
Ronaldo

I'll miss Syler though he was quality

chocolate_o_brian 19 May 2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9405977)
Personally i wouldnt sell him. Why? Because he's decided that while under a long term contract he wants to leave? He will go to Barca but surely when it suits Arsenal.

On the over hand, mancs said exactly the same about Ronaldo until that big bid come in. maybe Arsenal are waiting for a huge offer. Ive heard 40+ mill plus toure or evan Zlatlan ibravhimavic (spelling :D)

I'd take 50 for him if it gets invested in players. We could buy milner and a decent defender for that.

Id love Arsehavin playing through the middle behind front 2. A diamond formation would be cool with the squad. sell diaby and rosicky and put money towards a top quality winger.

If i can see it why cant wenger lol

STI we have excepted he has gone mate ;) have done all season

:lol1: £50m

Arsenall with get around £30-35m for Cesc. He isn't worth more than that. Ronny was only worth £80m to Real as he was the best in world at the time.

As B2Z said before what I'd be worred was if the fee was nominal and Barca threw a couple of their fringe players at Venga ;) He'd be well pleased innit, more youngsters (that need to mature) to blame the lack of silverware on :D

DaveBeck 19 May 2010 12:48 PM

:lol:

If they want him that badly he's worth more than 30mill

So your saying there is a 50mill difference between ronny and cesc?? :lol1:

chocolate_o_brian 19 May 2010 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 9406167)
:lol:

If they want him that badly he's worth more than 30mill

So your saying there is a 50mill difference between ronny and cesc?? :lol1:

Nah, prolly only £45m I reckon. :D

Funkii Munkii 19 May 2010 01:14 PM

£60m minimum :thumb:

DaveBeck 19 May 2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 9406184)
Nah, prolly only £45m I reckon. :D

:lol1:

Turbo2 19 May 2010 01:45 PM

It's wierd that no matter how much Wenger gets for selling players, he never spends more than 10 - 15 million on anyone, ever. That's Bolton, Everton or Middlesborough kind of money.

When you look at the top Premier League purchases of all time, Arsenal is nowhere to be seen. Even tight-fisted Spurs have bought 5 players at 15 million plus.

Wenger used to blame the limited attendances (38000) at Highbury, but they've been at the Emirates (60000) for 4 years now, with massively increased turnover. Sure it's going to take them another 21 years to pay off the construction bill, but do they really think they can keep paying peanuts without getting monkeys for all that long? It's not as if their pay structure is on a par with the top European clubs either.

The fact is that Arsenal remains a selling club and the cash from any eventual Fabregas sale will not all be ploughed back into new signings. Much like Ronaldo's transfer from Man U! ;)

Tenby 26 May 2010 10:44 AM

cant see fab goin this season unless it is a silly mony + player deal

DaveBeck 26 May 2010 12:15 PM

Thats what i think personally

How come most Arsenal transfer take forever. Vieira,Henry,Arshavin etc

Bravo2zero_sps 26 May 2010 12:27 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...172752,00.html

See Campbell is up to his mercenary ways again. He has done well for us since joining but if he is going to start being a pain in the ar$e again let him go as he only has one more season before his lack of pace ends his top flight career.

Bravo2zero_sps 26 May 2010 12:28 PM

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...172752,00.html

See Campbell is up to his mercenary ways again. He has done well for us since joining but if he is going to start being a pain in the ar$e again let him go as he only has one more season before his lack of pace ends his top flight career.