ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   samba or gazelle (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/1026167-samba-or-gazelle.html)

ditchmyster 22 June 2015 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11700054)
I'm probably older than you think I am and still wear the same style of casual clothes I did 30 years ago, you'll never see me in a pair of stay press chinos and a pair of Jesus creepers...................or those silly walking shoes you posted.;)

Mutton dressed as lamb. :lol1:

Matteeboy 22 June 2015 05:53 PM

I've decided I'm too old to wear hoodies now. Loads of old gits down here wear them. Just doesn't look right on over 30s.

jayallen 22 June 2015 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11700589)
Mutton dressed as lamb. :lol1:

Its pretty obvious some of us can still carry off and some of us have resorted to wearing socks and sandles because they can't....:lol1:

I agree with the hoodies comment.

stevebt 22 June 2015 06:55 PM

I have a few abercrombie and fitch hoodies but i didnt buy they cause they are hoodies i bought them cause they look good as a casual jacket to head to the pub. One is a fur lined type of thing and the wind doesnt get thru it so its perfect for cold days.

ditchmyster 22 June 2015 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by jayallen (Post 11700630)
Its pretty obvious some of us can still carry off and some of us have resorted to wearing socks and sandles because they can't....:lol1:

I agree with the hoodies comment.

I'll bet both my houses that at 49 I look younger than you do. ;)

jayallen 22 June 2015 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11700636)
I'll bet both my houses that at 49 I look younger than you do. ;)

Of course... ;)

zip106 22 June 2015 10:03 PM

I still wear a hoodie at times, but would never wear a pair of trainers like those mentioned.
But as long as I'm comfy in what I wear, I couldn't give a $hite what anyone thinks!

LSherratt 22 June 2015 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Matteeboy (Post 11700609)
I've decided I'm too old to wear hoodies now. Loads of old gits down here wear them. Just doesn't look right on over 30s.

I stopped wearing hoodies when I turned 20 :lol1:.

I don't wear trainers hardly. For casual footwear I wear leather "military style" boots and at work I wear wellingtons.

hodgy0_2 22 June 2015 10:35 PM

The wearing of Trainers, or indeed any other sportswear (faux or not) should be made illegal unless the wearer is actively engaged in a sporting activity of some sort

Matteeboy 23 June 2015 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 11700752)
The wearing of Trainers, or indeed any other sportswear (faux or not) should be made illegal unless the wearer is actively engaged in a sporting activity of some sort

This is about right

ditchmyster 23 June 2015 06:38 AM

I hardly ever wear shoes these days and same goes for slacks and shirts, although I do wear short sleeved shirts in summer. Having spent many years wearing long sleeved shirts, slacks and tie for work, I got sick of them and I don't feel comfortable or relaxed, so I spend most of my time in jeans and trainer ish type clothing, shoes tend to make my feet ache if I'm on them for any length of time, I need footwear with some sort of cushioning, I don't know how people wear leather soled shoes all day every day, I'd be like a cripple in the mornings if I did that.

hodgy0_2 23 June 2015 06:54 AM

Obviously exceptions would be made to workers who's job involved a high degree of walking

Postmen is an example

dpb 23 June 2015 08:11 AM

Semi retired / pensioners in trainers is just wrong

hodgy0_2 23 June 2015 10:41 AM

there would be exemptions for the elderly - subject to a medical note from a podiatrist

fatscoobfella1 25 June 2015 10:11 PM

You want Spezial or jeans....

Nice pair of Hamburgs look nice in the right colour.

mrtheedge2u2 26 June 2015 09:01 AM

All depends on what I am wearing as to what trainers I put on: have a mixture or all-stars, air force 1s, a few ltd edition nike pegasus, various nike air free 5.0 etc and also onitsuka tiger...... I find gazelle, samba, shell-top etc fall apart after 6 months. But if I was going addidas then Stan Smiths.

try www.asphaltgold.de .....is an awesome site for trainers.

SPEN555 26 June 2015 12:59 PM

Super samba everytime.

Gazelle are the same but if they get wet the suede colour can run and so then look ****e imho.

Make a good driving shoe as you get really good pedal feel.

HTH.

scooberuni 27 June 2015 01:03 PM

I prefer the Adidas Campus, much like the Gazelle but with a slightly different sole and the toe piece seems less pointy imo