ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's got a criminal record?... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/448550-whos-got-a-criminal-record.html)

scoobyvirgin 11 August 2005 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by jods
Sara - Just say NO to all the questions on the back of the visa waiver form.
If you pop your head up over non-moral/terrorist stuff you'll just cause yourself agro.

You're not a Nazi from WWI / II
Your not a musli sorry Terrorist
You're not a kiddie fiddler
You're not a rapist / psycho

And here I was thinking our Sara was a psycho, must have her confused with someone else!!

:D

paul-s 11 August 2005 12:46 AM

drink driving doesnt get you a criminal record, one of my mates got done a few months back. its a similar thing to speeding, no insurance except that your arrested, bailed, court, guilty, fine, ban.
dangerous driving will though,

ajm 11 August 2005 01:11 AM

No criminal record registered against my current identity....

;)

fatherpierre 11 August 2005 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by paul-s
drink driving doesnt get you a criminal record, one of my mates got done a few months back. its a similar thing to speeding, no insurance except that your arrested, bailed, court, guilty, fine, ban.
dangerous driving will though,

It does. It gains you a CRO number, which = a criminal record.

It's a road traffic offence but one of the few that gives you the CRO number.

Jerome 11 August 2005 02:45 AM

IIRC, drink driving is a criminal offence to allow the police to arrest you at the roadside for it.

Only been arrested once, but never charged. :)

scoobyboy7 11 August 2005 05:52 AM

The worst drivin offence i got a record for was drivin whilst disqualified
100 hours community service and another 6 month ban :cry:

Leslie 11 August 2005 08:00 AM

I must have I suppose, I was caught for speeding once or twice when I was a younger lad on 'bikes. Got to know the inside of Kingston magistrates Court quite well!

Les :)

The Chief 11 August 2005 08:23 AM

Well not a criminal record as such but a good gettaway!!! got nicked at 90 in a 30 donkeys years ago, and the copper let me off because he could not prove it or had camera's in the car.

By christ did he give my bike a going over though!
because of that i used to get a producer every other day after that

Made my life hell they did.

This copper was not a happy bunny i can tell you!

The Chief 11 August 2005 08:24 AM

The above actually is not true and is just a figment of my vivid immagination your honour!

David_Wallis 11 August 2005 09:09 AM

Yes, not prepared to say why!

STi wanna Subaru 11 August 2005 09:14 AM

Convicted Nuisance! :D

Got caught having a pee against a wall in Doncaster. £80 fine. done under the 1954 act of being a public nuisance or something like that :rolleyes:

Stueyb 11 August 2005 09:16 AM

Almost got done for breach of the peace by a nugget of a copper who was obviously ghay.

StickyMicky 11 August 2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by David_Wallis
Yes, not prepared to say why!

:lol:
welcome brother wallis :p

Abdabz 11 August 2005 11:09 AM

Arrested twice, charged and cautioned once but no criminal record... Charged and Cautioned for criminal damage, arrested and not charged for D&D :D
I've got off lightly considering my misdemeanors... My dad always said "I dont care what you do as long as you dont get caught", knowing full well if I got caught I'd be doomed... So all my crimes were maticulous :D

David_Wallis 11 August 2005 12:13 PM

LC Geezer 11 August 2005 12:30 PM

So a caution doesn't count as a criminal record? Thank Allah for that!! I assume a caution won't cause any issues for entering the US.

Freak 11 August 2005 02:19 PM

aparrently, cautions are only held locally on paper (according to someone in the force I checked with )- they arent on the police national computer... so shouldnt cause any problems for you entering the us.
Its certainly not a conviction- so no worries on that count either.

Danny B 11 August 2005 06:04 PM

Did a 10 stretch with Fletcher at Slade nick once. That McKay is real slag at times.

turboman786 11 August 2005 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by LC Geezer
So a caution doesn't count as a criminal record? Thank Allah for that!! I assume a caution won't cause any issues for entering the US.

Yes that's right, a caution is not a criminal conviction, however it still appear on your 'record'...and it is never spent! Besides, most job apps etc, usually ask if you have any convictions, cautions or reprimands, which more or less covers most scenarios....

paul-s 12 August 2005 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
It does. It gains you a CRO number, which = a criminal record.

It's a road traffic offence but one of the few that gives you the CRO number.

ok whats a CRO number ?

Iv never thought d driving was criminal record unless you went to a court and was prosecuted, something like dangerous driving, running someone over, etc. My mate was arrested on the spot (i happened to be in the car), was taken away, got a court date and was released. went to court and got a fine+ban, case closed. no mention of him having a criminal record ?

Abdabz 12 August 2005 07:06 PM

I had a three year caution (we're going back a dozenish years). The inspector made it clear mine was valid for 3 years, and wouldnt show on a record as it was held locally. If I was caught and charged during those 3 years for something else this caution would be presented to the magistrates and taken into account at sentancing...
After the three years it is indeed spent and does not need to be quoted on job apps etc as it no longer exists... Unlike a criminal records which your kinda stuck with...

I also had to pay the damages of my crimes to the victim and send them a letter of apology in line with the inspectors demands to ensure only a caution was given...Oooops...

Spoon 12 August 2005 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
:lol:
welcome brother wallis :p

Originally Posted by David_Wallis

Anymore for a ScoobyNet drink driving team at a guess?

spireite 12 August 2005 08:29 PM

3 years ago got done for a section 18 racialy motivated attack . went out to the local one sunday afternoon ,up to the bar pint of your finest please . the lad stood next to me who is of pakistani origin turns round to me and tells me im a racist cnut and takes a swing . he misses , i smash him in head with pint pot mentioning he is a paki . got 125 hors cs , £500 fine , £500 compo .

Petem95 12 August 2005 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by spireite
3 years ago got done for a section 18 racialy motivated attack . went out to the local one sunday afternoon ,up to the bar pint of your finest please . the lad stood next to me who is of pakistani origin turns round to me and tells me im a racist cnut and takes a swing . he misses , i smash him in head with pint pot mentioning he is a paki . got 125 hors cs , £500 fine , £500 compo .

FFS!!! If a white person tw@ts anyone of a different race then its automatically a racist attack!!! Other way round then its "self defence" by the minority and the white person is done again for starting it!!

oudu 12 August 2005 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
FFS!!! If a white person tw@ts anyone of a different race then its automatically a racist attack!!! Other way round then its "self defence" by the minority and the white person is done again for starting it!!

well said pal

Taff107 12 August 2005 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95

,,,have you only just figured that out?

dpb 12 August 2005 11:53 PM

erm .....a little simplifed possibly ....- we dont know the circumstances do we..!!

jods 15 August 2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by spireite

You hit him with a pint pot ???
:mad: :mad: :mad:
That is fooking disgraceful !!!

Waste of good beer :norty: