ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   jack straw's comments, what's the problem? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/549037-jack-straws-comments-whats-the-problem.html)

Hanslow 06 October 2006 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by WR1Nikki
as far as im aware they dont have to take it off but the banks are not allowed by law to talk to them in their language it has to be english unless they book an appointment with a translator.

Wonder if it would be alright for us all to start wearing balaclavas into the banks.... :wonder:

Or maybe it should just become the next fashion statement. Might be quite handy on a speed camera photo :D

mad555 06 October 2006 02:56 PM

Why should people show any form of respect to these people when they shows no repect to the British culture,traditions,etc.
RESPECT OUR CULTURE FIRST.

gaz-cole 06 October 2006 03:19 PM

send um home

DCI Gene Hunt 06 October 2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by gaz-cole
send um home

Who's 'um' do we know him? :freak3:

scoobynutta555 06 October 2006 03:25 PM

I don't understand these leftie appeasers we have in this country. They are generally white women on the state payrole employed as a twattily called 'chair' of ethnic diversity blah blah commission. They bang on about the right to wear these ridiculous items of clothing, yet turn a blind eye to the blatant sexual discrimination visited on these *foreign* women. I would have thought that these lentil munching freeloading tossers would be demanding women take off these klu klux Klan costumes, and at the same time outlaw forced marriages and the like.

sydsnot2002 06 October 2006 03:56 PM

i think that pretty soon we wont be able to say or do anything without upsetting some relgion,, wheres it all going to end? Many places cant display the cross of St George, schools are stopping the nativity, talk about the P.C brigade going round the twist,, and there was me thinking that we lived in a democracy

scoobynutta555 06 October 2006 04:02 PM

Ah the famous Winterval celebrations coming in December. Don't see anything mentioned about other faiths with similarly pc namechanges though.

EddScott 06 October 2006 04:14 PM

Smile! :)

http://www.slotforum.com/forums/uplo...2_96_22993.jpg

turboman786 06 October 2006 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Another day, another tirade of muslim outrage.

Or alternatively another day, another zionist has a field day against Islam....

David Lock 06 October 2006 05:25 PM

R7,

You are an appalling racist and should be banned from this board. dl

Abdabz 06 October 2006 05:33 PM

Bang goes freedom of speech even if it does offend some :cry:

Tidgy 06 October 2006 05:37 PM

tbh i have no quarms living in the same country, a tolerant divers society is what most people want, however, don't move to a country and expect your religion to overrule the laws of the nation, no mater what they are, if you can't live with that don't move to the country.

its simply that easy.

Petem95 06 October 2006 05:37 PM

I applaud Straw for coming out and saying what is bloody obvious, and for once hes not backtracked after the expected "how dare you question us" muslim response.

Sadly hes probably under heavy Police protection now, and has no doubt received many death threats from members that bloodthirsty, backwards and uncivilised "religion" :(

RapidSeven 06 October 2006 05:59 PM

Guys

ffs, I may have gone too far yes about the racism thing I agree.

I would never mean any harm or do any harm to our ethnic friends nor would I encourage doing any harm to them also. I don't know what come over me to be honest.

Things just get a little heated and I tend to let my fingers run away with what I should and shouldn't say. I should have learned how to hit the delete button to be honest.

If I have offended anyone, then I apologise.

I now refrain from ever posting any sort of negative comments with regards to the ethnic community.

I apologise, sorry.

R7

Bravo2zero_sps 06 October 2006 06:08 PM

Where did my reply go about a knock at the door? :Suspiciou

sociopath 06 October 2006 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by **************
Where did my reply go about a knock at the door? :Suspiciou

I expect all the posts quoting Rapid7's post have been deleted by a gutless moderator. The same gutless moderator who has obviously 'got at' Rapid7, judging by his cowardly climb-down.

Maz 06 October 2006 06:13 PM

I respect the English culture and the English people. I think this country is a great place to live and work. The minority extremists are making things mightily difficult for all. I can understand the frustration and vexation caused by certain goings on. The indiginous population has a right to feel some of the anger being vented at the moment. However I find some of the comments on this thread deeply disturbing and very frightening.

Maz

Kyl3cook 06 October 2006 06:14 PM

I don't see anything wrong with what Jack Straw has said. The way I see it is that it has gone beyond a joke. I visit muslim countries very reguarly, and out of respect (especially women) abide by the culture of that country...some are not so strict, however out of courtesy you show some repsect.

Why should it be any different in our country. They should show respect for the culture that this country stands by! The government has formed this viscious circle which seems to be out of control in a pussy footing society of pandering to the wants of what, in the big scheme of things, are guests to our culture. That's not to say I dislike all muslims...I just think the mutual respect should be shown...whereas it seems to be all one way at the moment for the fear of being branded a 'racist'.

unclebuck 06 October 2006 06:16 PM

Clearly British Muslims see themselves as answerable to their religion and not the law of the land. You only have to watch the news today to know this is true: the Muslim police officer beaking his oath of allegiance whilst refusing to protect the Israeli Embassy or the Muslim cab driver who refused to take a blind woman home because her dog was impure according to his religion.

Judging by about 95% of the comments here your average citizen is not happy with Muslims forcing their views on others.

DCI Gene Hunt 06 October 2006 06:18 PM

Lets not confuse SN with the real world....... and anyway, its about extremist muslims..... not all muslims :rolleyes:

unclebuck 06 October 2006 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Lets not confuse SN with the real world....... and anyway, its about extremist muslims..... not all muslims :rolleyes:

So muslim women who wear a veil are all extremists are they?

PG 06 October 2006 06:21 PM

Slowly but surely they are completely alienating themselves.
A Radio 1 Newsbeat txt in was showing 99% of people wondering what all the fuss was about and most that were read out suggested tickets home and the likes.
The majoity of these shiney, happy muslims want to grab a hold of the minority and give them a good shake.....or could it be that the minority is growing in numbers to battle against the thoughts of those whom have been annoyed so much by the original minority.
Just a matter of time until everyone hates everyone and it all gets ****tier than it already is.

RapidSeven 06 October 2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by sociopath
I expect all the posts quoting Rapid7's post have been deleted by a gutless moderator. The same gutless moderator who has obviously 'got at' Rapid7, judging by his cowardly climb-down.

Look I was out of order and apologised for it. Don't tell me you've never said something and thought, why have I just said that.

Say what you want mate, ive apologised and thats it. What more do you want me to do, start flaring up again saying things I probably shouldn't and starting an argument where there is no need to.

DCI Gene Hunt 06 October 2006 06:22 PM

Yep, extremely sweaty I imagine........;)

methodman 06 October 2006 06:24 PM

no idea, if we could see them then we`d know :lol1:

sociopath 06 October 2006 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by RapidSeven
What more do you want me to do, start flaring up again saying things I probably shouldn't and starting an argument where there is no need to.

Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do. :D

DCI Gene Hunt 06 October 2006 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by sociopath
Yes, that's exactly what I want you to do. :D

You're just too bad :D

methodman 06 October 2006 06:27 PM

so, has anyone found out if they wear them in banks, & passport photo`s??????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????

unclebuck 06 October 2006 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by PG
Slowly but surely they are completely alienating themselves.

could it be that the minority is growing in numbers to battle against the thoughts of those whom have been annoyed so much by the original minority.

Thought this comment was interesting -

"I have lived in West Yorkshire for over 20 years and until the last 3 or 4 years I had never seen a muslim woman wearing a veil. Now it is fairly commonplace to see young British-born muslim girls (with local accents) wearing a full veil. I very much doubt if their mothers ever wore a veil or do so now.

I find it odd and a bit disturbing that many muslims have become polarised and more extreme in their religion.

In my view this is a backward step for good relations in this country."

Of course, the irony is that Straw played a full and active part in creating the polerised situation, along with his mate Tony, by his foreign policy actions, they still refise to recognise the fact. What goes around comes around.

mad555 06 October 2006 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by David Lock
R7,

You are an appalling racist and should be banned from this board. dl

Get a back bone man!!!