ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Subaru RB 320? (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/560468-subaru-rb-320-a.html)

KJD Mk1 24 November 2006 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by DannyBoy007
I bet if you went with cash in hand and wanted to buy one, the computer would say YES!!!!!!!

Exactly!!!

Rooshkins 25 November 2006 01:14 AM

I WANT ONE !!! :notworthy .... Wonder how much I can get for a kidney :Suspiciou

Gav

WRXewl 25 November 2006 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rooshkins
Wonder how much I can get for a kidney :Suspiciou

Gav

About 35k ;)

Russ71 25 November 2006 10:56 AM

Family of four, one kidney each :wonder: :norty: :idea:

Rooshkins 25 November 2006 03:05 PM

Yeah why not .... I'm sure the kids will be ok in later life !! :norty:

Russ71 25 November 2006 03:36 PM

Im sure they will be fine, :lol1: :norty: now to track those kids :Suspiciou and to think thats all I wanted was a spare ticket, Im now looking for the cash to buy one:lol1: walk in with large wod of cash and in a little britain voice "I want that one".:lol1:

Russ71 26 November 2006 09:06 PM

Well all those that went, what was it like, have you ordered one, details please.:thumb:

pippyrips 26 November 2006 09:32 PM

personally i was a bit disapointed. The car there wasn't actually an RB320, more like a standard STI with a few fancy bits added on. It had the standard STI interior along with PPF7 wheels - neither of which appear in the offical press pics.

At 30k i would be going to get new spec c and keeping the 3k saved for other goodies.

Having said that the hog roast was:thumb:

Also nice to have wide back in the gang; i just knew he would be back sooner rather than later:D

Russ71 26 November 2006 10:12 PM

So anybody ordered one :lol1: cant believe there was a hog roast. :wonder:

turboDean 26 November 2006 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Russ71
Well all those that went, what was it like, have you ordered one, details please.:thumb:

They didn't even ask for invites on the door so i'm sure u could of snook in if you had just turned up.
As pippy said, i wouldn't pay £30K for it, would buy Spec C type Ra-R if i was spending that sort of money.

Overseer 27 November 2006 04:28 PM

RB320

I went last night, had a great night been to loads before with all the other cars I've had but this one was the best by far, the food was good and the RB320 was really impressive. When I spoke to Tony about it he told me that the Leather I have seen in the other pictures is an option, and that if I was to order one without the upgrade it comes with a standard STI interior. I gootta have a word with the missus now to try and convince her to let me have one, keeping me fingers crossed.:D

nice.oneson 27 November 2006 05:04 PM

I ordered one last night the waiting is gonna kill me though,looking at the pics of the leather seats im gonna have to get them and the smoked windows added,
Gareth.

pippyrips 27 November 2006 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by nice.oneson
I ordered one last night the waiting is gonna kill me though,looking at the pics of the leather seats im gonna have to get them and the smoked windows added,
Gareth.

Leather all the way:thumb:

turboDean 27 November 2006 10:11 PM

Brand New JDM STI SPEC C is £27,495 otr with CAT 1 alarm, tracker and map for uk fuel, with a years warrenty.

Subaru Impreza - Cars - Performance Centre Manchester

Think i'd be saving myself £2.5K, then buy a full Miltek exhaust, remap and a nice set of rims with the money.

Pippy - Juggers has dropped the price of his SPEC C RA to £29K :norty: go on you no u want to.

bluerigster 27 November 2006 10:55 PM

Juggers Spec C RA:luvlove: Only two in the UK apparently

Only I'm not willing to part with 29 grand for a car.

Russ71 28 November 2006 10:43 AM

If I desperately wanted one I'd wait until one came along with all the mods already done to save me the trouble :lol1:. I would rather put £29k into a new house with a garage and a driveway and an attic and a garden with grass:lol1: :D , I feel a house move coming on.:Suspiciou

turboDean 28 November 2006 06:32 PM

Wheels that should of been on the "RB320" not the PFF7 wheels that were on there:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...0/RB320072.jpg
And the optional interior:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...0/RB320055.jpg

pippyrips 28 November 2006 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by turboDean
Wheels that should of been on the "RB320" not the PFF7 wheels that were on there:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...0/RB320072.jpg
And the optional interior:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p...0/RB320055.jpg

it looks sooooo much better on these wheels, the leather is a must as well

MrRA 28 November 2006 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by bluerigster
Juggers Spec C RA:luvlove: Only two in the UK apparently

Only I'm not willing to part with 29 grand for a car.

I think there are now more than that in the country now.

There is one for sale on Litcho's site so that makes three at least, but a little birdy tells me that there may be a fourth one going around somewhere ;) :D

bluerigster 28 November 2006 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by MrRA
I think there are now more than that in the country now.

There is one for sale on Litcho's site so that makes three at least, but a little birdy tells me that there may be a fourth one going around somewhere ;) :D

Just checked out Litcho's site and looks a great motor, what baffles me is in Japan these type RA's are 19,100 pounds new so how come their fetching 30grand plus once imported. Does the rare factor of only 350 being made warrant such a mark up?, apart from suspension modifications what is the real different from a type RA and spec C as even Lichfield are offering suspension up grades for the type RA. So really your better off buying a Spec C and having the type 25 suspension upgrade.

MrRA 29 November 2006 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by bluerigster
Just checked out Litcho's site and looks a great motor, what baffles me is in Japan these type RA's are 19,100 pounds new so how come their fetching 30grand plus once imported. Does the rare factor of only 350 being made warrant such a mark up?, apart from suspension modifications what is the real different from a type RA and spec C as even Litchfield are offering suspension up grades for the type RA. So really your better off buying a Spec C and having the type 25 suspension upgrade.

A Type RA starts life as a standard Spec C. It is then taken by off the production line by STI and given a thorough going over. Uprated STI adjustable shocks and springs, uprated STI anti-roll bars and ball jointed anti-roll bar links, uprated STI rear lateral arms, uprated STI rear trailing arms. Type RA also gets a slightly wider track over the standard Spec C as the unique alloys on the Type RA have a different offset.

TBH, the extra cost of the T25 handling kit can't really be justified against the STI setup on the Type RA (unless your doing lots and lots of track days) as it is really that good, and that's coming from Litcho himself. A standard Spec C isn't short of grip by any means, but the modifications that STI carry out on the Type RA just make it feel that little bit more planted and tighter when driving.

I would say that the limited numbers help with the price, but you also have to take into account the extra STI items fitted to the car.