ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Can't stop grinning ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/578353-cant-stop-grinning.html)

Martin2005 29 January 2007 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 6602045)
PMSL... that was wasted on 99% of people :D

Not me LOL

PS have you noticed that any trace of that famous thread has been completely removed for Scoobynet...I wonder why?

Terminator X 29 January 2007 12:49 PM

Now now Bubba, that's a whole new thread ... !!

TX.

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 6601062)
I bet you'd annihilate an RB320 in that. :D

Terminator X 29 January 2007 01:01 PM

Yesterday, when I waved off the wife in the car our neighbours little girl piped up (she's 8):

Girl - I like your car but my Mum doesn't.
Me - Oh, why's that?
Girl - She thinks that it's tacky(!!). I like it though.
Me - She hasn't seen it?
Girl - It was yesterday (Sat) when you drove in.

Divided the opinion of the neighbours already ;)

TX.

Martin2005 29 January 2007 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6602468)
Yesterday, when I waved off the wife in the car our neighbours little girl piped up (she's 8):

Girl - I like your car but my Mum doesn't.
Me - Oh, why's that?
Girl - She thinks that it's tacky(!!). I like it though.
Me - She hasn't seen it?
Girl - It was yesterday (Sat) when you drove in.

Divided the opinion of the neighbours already ;)

TX.

Same in my HOUSE, wife hates the car, obviously my 6YO son loves it.

Get a really loud exhaust, that should divide opinion further:lol1:

Terminator X 29 January 2007 07:30 PM

Got a PM suggesting that I remap the car PDQ to avoid engine det / blowing up problems. Should I be worried about this? Car will be remapped by Bob R however not for a few months yet ...

TX.

pippyrips 29 January 2007 08:00 PM

great car - good choice:)

Russellg911 29 January 2007 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6604073)
Got a PM suggesting that I remap the car PDQ to avoid engine det / blowing up problems. Should I be worried about this? Car will be remapped by Bob R however not for a few months yet ...

TX.

Litchfield's supply all their cars pre-mapped for UK fuel. Although I didn't buy an import from them, it was their advice that it should be done to avoid problems...and one would assume asap. Not meaning to scare monger...maybe someone else can offer more insight.

Russ

scoobytyson 29 January 2007 08:31 PM

would'nt octain booster do the trick until you get it mapped?

Spec'c'57 29 January 2007 08:40 PM

:D:D dont they look strange all WHITE without stickers...... :norty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/09...7/IMG_1203.jpg

Terminator X 29 January 2007 09:11 PM

:thumb: Top man & top company. He'll see you OK.

TX.

Originally Posted by scoobytyson (Post 6600617)
Looks nice mate, hope to be saying the same when mine comes in a few weeks time also from pcm.

Davey P 29 January 2007 09:30 PM

Looking good TX

richie001 29 January 2007 09:40 PM

smart car i'm a little green with envy :mad:

corradoboy 29 January 2007 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by PCM (Post 6602117)
You're more then welcome to have a test drive mate on one condition,you don't drive it like girl :D

PCM

A most gracious offer. I may pop over to see you in a couple of weeks if you still have the C's, and in particular the RA :notworthy Be good to compare it to the T25 I drove last year, although the memory is faded (old age :rolleyes: ).

The only girl I may drive like is Michele Mouton :lol1:

T5NYW 29 January 2007 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 6604886)
Be good to compare it to the T25 I drove last year, although the memory is faded (old age :rolleyes: ).

Gosh I tried the new T25 one last week :cool: scared me :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 6604886)
The only girl I may drive like is Michele Mouton :lol1:

Gosh A name from the past I met her at The Isle of Man rally quite a few years back (cough) IIRC she always drank Pints :D

Tony

madisonmonkey 30 January 2007 07:52 AM

That looks great TX:thumb:
I just beat ya in the end, picked mine up last thurs:luxhello:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...n/DSC00055.jpg

Collected it mapped for uk fuel and the milltek system
(you NEED to fit an exhaust if you haven't allready:norty:)
I don't think you will do any damage running on uk super as the ecu will just retard the ignition to avoid dett, but it does mean you're not enjoying the true performance. Try some octane booster and feel the difference!!
Think that the mapping may have helped with fuel consumption as I'm loooking at getting 200ish to a tank (driving like a tw@t:Whatever_).
Sounds horrific but I used to get about 230's from my standard 03sti and the tank on those is 10 litres bigger.

They certainly divide opinion.
Complete dis-interest from the girlfriend, absolute love from subaru appreciating friends.
Me? I don't care what anyone else thinks, it makes me do this every time I drive it :D:D:D:D:

madisonmonkey 30 January 2007 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6599997)
[edit - a carbon rear spoiler is on the way, similar to the one on the S202, that right PCM :thumb:]

Watch out TX, with those wheels and that spoiler some on here may accuse you of being a type RA wannabe :Suspiciou

gussy 30 January 2007 10:45 AM

Well I wouln't

funkyspider 30 January 2007 12:28 PM

Lovely.. Hope you continue to enjoy it, you'll have pleanty of time to admire it through shell station windows while you're paying. Cars just look lovely under those big fuel station forecourt lights.

I must say I do like the satin black front lip that they are putting on the hawkeye Type RA's tho.

Terminator X 01 February 2007 12:00 AM

Thanks for the comments MM. PO'd that you beat me to it in the end ;) I'm running her on Tesco 99 so should be OK (near the magic 100Ron)? Remap will happen mid Mar this year just after some cheeky mods at S4U. B Rawle says that I should get 375bhp with same torque :cuckoo: mad power!!

Still grinning!

TX.

PS

Type RA Wanabee? You aving a pop ;)

madisonmonkey 01 February 2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 6612945)
should get 375bhp with same torque..............Type RA Wanabee? You aving a pop ;)

:eek:Blimey, mine feels stupid fast and only does 340/350 according to the RR map from powerstation:eek:

Me, having a pop......never:D