ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Remap = better MPG?? Definitive Answer Please! (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/623631-remap-better-mpg-definitive-answer-please.html)

swisstonihasher 27 July 2007 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=

Got 30mpg recently on long run to Nurburg :thumb: and regularly get 270 + to a tank from short trips, ocassional blasts and town driving.[/QUOTE]

Bet you didn't get that figure around the Nurburg!! :lol1:

Phildodd06 27 July 2007 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by scoobystiv8 (Post 7142946)
Why oh why do people buy Imprezas then whinge about fuel economy.:mad:
Surely common sense tells you they arent cheap to run.

I recommend buying a diesel.:thumb:

Dont knock the Diesels, they are the way forward IMO

My mate has just had his 130BHP Audi A3 Remaped at a place called Jabba sport
He rolling roaded it at 129bhp and thn remaped it which thn produced an amazing 193BHP and stacks of Torque
Just think what the 150BHP Golf would produce with a decent remap as they have the hybrid turbo, FMIC and bigger injectors as standard:norty:

My next car is certinaly going to be the 150bhp GT TDI Golf :thumb:

chris1scouser 27 July 2007 11:43 PM

chris1scouser

i am no expert, you need the map custom made to your requirements. i had a vrs skoda 1.8 20v turbo. i was getting 360 miles per tank i had the car remapped with a respected revo map. it destroyed the fuel economy i lost 90 miles per tank. the car was much faster but crap on fuel. plus if you buy a jdm car its essential you get it remapped to accomodate britains lower octane ratings the jdm engine sometimes fail if this is not done. the term used is detonation. this was told to me by a subaru technician. there are alot of people out there who do remaps. i don't know whether your allowed to name drop on this forum but i've heard andy forrest performance in lothian is an expert. he can remap your existing ECU or install a completely new one. all the best

scooby-tc 28 July 2007 12:21 AM

come on Matt dont sell yet give it a chance.I picked my Spec C up on wednesday and i agree it does drink a lot but fortunatly i am used to it after owning a 93 wrx and a 98 type r it will be worth it in the long run.get Bob to remap it and you will grow to love it.Dont sell :D

Phildodd06 28 July 2007 12:51 AM

You gotta look at it this way, Performance - ££££

If you want cheap running costs buy a diesel ;)

zs_phil 03 November 2007 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by scoobystiv8 (Post 7142946)
Why oh why do people buy Imprezas then whinge about fuel economy.:mad:
Surely common sense tells you they arent cheap to run.

I recommend buying a diesel.:thumb:

i bought my03 wrx because id been looking for ages but thought it would be the same as my fiesta when it came to fuel :wonder:
on a serious note though its just getting used to change ive had mine over a month now and am used to putting in £30 a week
i put £30 last week and got just over 210 miles out of it and that was a mixture of driving cannot complain at that

exvaux 03 November 2007 10:03 PM

on another note my scoob is off road for a while till the new engines ready and i bought a k reg 1.4 astra for 50 quid (what the tax was worth) stuck 30 quid in it last wednesday done over 300 miles with a quarter tank left,scoob would have done 70 quid by now......dog slow tho,makes me appreciate the impreza even more

StickyMicky 03 November 2007 10:48 PM

ANYTHING that makes an engine more efficient will help :)

dunx 04 November 2007 11:47 AM

My 2002 STI is much the same after the re-map, but on a longer run it can get up towards 25mpg going sensibly... usually mixed miles gives 22 mpg !

On track 6 mpg !

(Grumpy) Dunx

P.S. only short drive to work, so not too painful....

babber 04 November 2007 06:39 PM

Had my RB5 WR remapped with ECUTEK software by John Banks not long after first buying it. Sold the Pro-drive ECU and defo. noticed a vast improvement in MPG and power. Best thing I ever done really and I'd strongly recommend it ;)

Phill