ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   RAC Trackstar - Is it really neccessary (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/832844-rac-trackstar-is-it-really-neccessary.html)

dunx 15 May 2010 10:09 PM

Also use the system check service at least twice a year....

It is poor that "we" don't even know if the damn thing is working at all !

dunx

Terminator X 15 May 2010 10:14 PM

That's the point fella, it's a secret ;) the RAC wouldn't want peeps to know this would they! RAC is hardly gonna go out of business as 99% of peeps just pay up ...

TX.

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9400116)
Of course it would but........ What benefit is that to the RAC? when a service they are charging for is being forced to be given for free thus sending them out of buisness very quickly. It really doesn't matter to the police if the car is found only the criminal caught. I can imagine in extreme cases that they will indeed activate it.

Aaron1978 15 May 2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9400485)
That's the point fella, it's a secret ;) the RAC wouldn't want peeps to know this would they! RAC is hardly gonna go out of business as 99% of peeps just pay up ...

TX.

If everybody knew this then they would go out of buisness, if this happened we would know about it by now as the first person who's car was stolen and then found by the police forcing the tracker company to activate it would have told someone who told someone who told someone........................

and this applys to all cars fitted with trackers, if this was the case everyone would know about it by now either from experience or through people who knew police. It wouldn't be a secret now, how do you know this by the way?

Aaron:thumb:

robimportwagon 15 May 2010 10:42 PM

i had a traffic master in mine and the insurance company wasnt even interested all they wanted was proof of a cat1 alarm/immob so all of about 20mins later the complete tracker system was located and removed and taking into consideration how easy and quickly a tracker can be removed it just proves them to be a waste of time and money ..oh and forgot to mention the tracker was fitted by the rac...

Leslie 16 May 2010 09:21 AM

Those trackers are very good at running the battery flat as well!

Les

Tomwrx 17 May 2010 06:26 PM

have read this and just laughed, if u dont pay for your tracker subscription and it gets stolen the police cant force a tracker compant to activate it ,my mates car got stolen and he never paid his and when he told police he had a tracker they contacted the company and were told as he never paid his subscription they wouldnt activate it to help them find it,

Terminator X 17 May 2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9400497)
... how do you know this by the way?

A policeman told me ;) Carry on paying your £150 a year :smug:

TX.

Terminator X 17 May 2010 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Tomwrx (Post 9403391)
have read this and just laughed, if u dont pay for your tracker subscription and it gets stolen the police cant force a tracker compant to activate it ,my mates car got stolen and he never paid his and when he told police he had a tracker they contacted the company and were told as he never paid his subscription they wouldnt activate it to help them find it,

Why not? They're obstructing the police by not helping solve a crime ...

TX.

Steve vRS 17 May 2010 10:19 PM

I had one in my first MY01 Impreza and I called the service three times to check the unit was working. Each time, they couldn't trace the car as the unit was broken. Has the hardware changed?

Steve

Lee247 18 May 2010 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tomwrx (Post 9403391)

Laughed, at what :confused:

I have better things to do with £144 a year than waste it on a service I have no idea is working or have my car back after some scrote has trashed it to bits.

It's gone, I am not renewing :thumb:

Aaron1978 18 May 2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9403862)
A policeman told me ;) Carry on paying your £150 a year :smug:

TX.

All that and you didn't realise i don't pay it as i wouldn't want it back, find me one piece of evidence of this happening.

:lol1:

Terminator X 18 May 2010 08:41 PM

^^ That what is happening :wonder: where's your evidence?

TX.

Milamber 18 May 2010 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 9404122)
It's gone, I am not renewing :thumb:

:thumb:

Aaron1978 18 May 2010 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9405312)
^^ That what is happening :wonder: where's your evidence?

TX.

You're the one that needs evidence as your saying that police force the Rac to activate trackers that aren't subscribed to:lol1: I'm open to be proved wrong which you can do, i won't be able to find evidence as who comes on the internet and makes themselves look like a complete tool by saying " i didn't pay my tracker subscription and now they won't locate my car":freak3:

If it had happened the other way round, you can bet your b*llocks to a barn dance the internet would be full of this info;)

That's the system, that is the way it has worked for years and continues to do so, i like others have no reason to doubt it happens differently unless you have evidence that proves otherwise which you have obviously got:thumb:

Terminator X 18 May 2010 09:38 PM

^^ Well I'll continue to not pay for the service & inform the police if the car gets nicked & you continue to not pay as well - what are we arguing about again :cuckoo:

I've already said a policeman told me so how can I eveidence that. You've said it doesn't happen so where's your evidence to back that up :cuckoo:

TX.

Aaron1978 18 May 2010 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 9405438)
^^ Well I'll continue to not pay for the service & inform the police if the car gets nicked & you continue to not pay as well - what are we arguing about again :cuckoo:

I've already said a policeman told me so how can I eveidence that. You've said it doesn't happen so where's your evidence to back that up :cuckoo:

TX.

There is lots of evidence on the internet of people getting their car back with subscrition and not one incident of them getting them back without paying it.

Where as your evidence is based on what a policeman told you:wonder:. Do you believe everything that a police officer tells you?:D

Milamber 19 May 2010 12:25 AM

How exactly do they turn it 'on' or 'off' then? Surely it continues to transmit so long as the battery is charged? Shame it isn't blue tooth enabled as I could use it for my sat nav :lol1:

Terminator X 19 May 2010 12:40 AM

Kind of answers my post & yours :smug:

http://www.5ive-o.org/forum/archive/...p/t-14792.html
http://www.5ive-o.org/forum/archive/...hp/t-1262.html

I'll leave you to it with both of us not paying ours subs ;)

TX.

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9405556)
There is lots of evidence on the internet of people getting their car back with subscrition and not one incident of them getting them back without paying it.

Where as your evidence is based on what a policeman told you:wonder:. Do you believe everything that a police officer tells you?:D