ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Splitpin???? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/888733-splitpin.html)

Lagamorph 16 May 2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10042362)
Much missed.

Personally I'd rather have someone a bit rude share his knowledge with me, than any number of polite know-nothings.

Well I'd rather pay someone than be spoken to like something he had just stepped in!

I think scoobynet is a much better place without him even if it is a little bit dumber :lol1:

But I do understand your point, that there are very few people with that kind of knowledge willing to share it for free so I do applaud him for that.

bugeyejohn 16 May 2011 06:27 PM

:Suspiciou Perhaps hes still here under a new identity :)

hpoolsteve 16 May 2011 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by bugeyejohn (Post 10042600)
:Suspiciou Perhaps hes still here under a new identity :)

Thats possible... Who could he be.... lol

Glowplug 16 May 2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 10042582)
Well I'd rather pay someone than be spoken to like something he had just stepped in!

I wouldn't take it personal mate, you want to hear what he says about brummies. Some thing like, they never let it drop, always moaning!

But I do understand your point, that there are very few people with that kind of knowledge willing to share it for free so I do applaud him for that.

:luxhello:

alcazar 16 May 2011 07:00 PM

I think scoobynet is a much better place without him even if it is a little bit dumber :lol1:

Splitpin gave his info for nowt, and was available far more easily and far more often than office hours which is what paying for info means.
And what info he DID give was unbiased: he had no product to sell.

If he HAS gone, his input is sadly missed.

hpoolsteve 16 May 2011 07:09 PM

i think we need to resurrect this dude.... Tempt him back.. If anyone knows him tell him i'll buy him a Greggs Steak Bake..lol

classicgc8 16 May 2011 07:12 PM

splitpin

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10042680)
Splitpin gave his info for nowt, and was available far more easily and far more often than office hours which is what paying for info means.
And what info he DID give was unbiased: he had no product to sell.

If he HAS gone, his input is sadly missed.

i agree with that:thumb:,id like to know where hes gone too,
he seemed to be extremely well versed with all aspects and was always willing to help cut through the "my mate said this "crap,
maybe he will be back as i for one hope so :wonder:

bigfarlz 16 May 2011 07:14 PM

Yeah he knew his stuff, but to be honest, I'd rather lose a knowledgable member than listen to the sarcastic tw*t tbh. He was shirty with me on more than one occasion, no-one forced him to reply to repeated questions, he just had to stick his ore in and moan

alcazar 17 May 2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by bigfarlz (Post 10042716)
Yeah he knew his stuff, but to be honest, I'd rather lose a knowledgable member than listen to the sarcastic tw*t tbh. He was shirty with me on more than one occasion, no-one forced him to reply to repeated questions, he just had to stick his ore in and moan

Now you see I value knowledge more highly than my own feelings.

I'd rather someone was rude to me and increased my knowledge than have someone fawn over me who knows nowt.

Having said that, splitpin was never rude to me.

musso2010 17 May 2011 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10043385)
Now you see I value knowledge more highly than my own feelings.

I'd rather someone was rude to me and increased my knowledge than have someone fawn over me who knows nowt.

Having said that, splitpin was never rude to me.

+1. I had some serious electrical problems and Splitpin did nothing but advise me, and took the time to write some lenghty posts.

Lagamorph 17 May 2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by b13bat (Post 10042655)
I wouldn't take it personal mate, you want to hear what he says about brummies. Some thing like, they never let it drop, always moaning!

:luxhello:

Not the brummie thing again!!! You sure know how to irritate a black country mon ;) talking of irritating....... Is PSLewis still about? :D

bigfarlz 17 May 2011 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Lagamorph (Post 10043428)
Not the brummie thing again!!! You sure know how to irritate a black country mon ;) talking of irritating....... Is PSLewis still about? :D

Right ay it mate? We bay no brummies, it's gerrin on mar wik folks callin us that! Lol