ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Prosport Stepper Gauges (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/697041-prosport-stepper-gauges.html)

SamZS 07 May 2009 10:07 PM

Scoobyparts Ltd OIL PRESSURE & OIL TEMPERATURE GAUGE FITTING KIT

Will this work with the prosport gauges ?

JdcTypeR 07 May 2009 10:10 PM

Yes mate, I fitted mine the other day and it works fine. :)

C_RHYS 08 May 2009 01:20 PM

Just ordered me a set, now I have to wait :(

scoobeenut 15 May 2009 08:41 AM

I'm in the market for some gauges now I've had the car remapped. Is this group buy still running? these gauges look smart and oh so much cheaper than Defis.

C_RHYS 15 May 2009 02:18 PM

woo hoo mine turn up today only took 7 days :)

MrNoisy 21 May 2009 04:06 PM

Hey, is this group buy still running?

Cannon Fodder 21 May 2009 11:30 PM

I am interested as well if this group buy is still going. :)

I have a 2006 WRX if there is a version suitable, also can I buy a kit with everyting I need included as well?

rbaz 22 May 2009 10:03 PM

For those interested we can still get 10% off these gauges.
The full price is now £114.90 so with the discount £103.41 delivered
Go onto Xybers website enter the discount code is "scoobynet_stepperpromo" in the web site when you order and it will give you the discount.
Then can you email Danny danny@globalennovations.com just to tell him I have passed the code on to you and to confirm which gauges you want
If you need any other info look through the first few pages lots of info there

MrNoisy 24 May 2009 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8720326)
For those interested we can still get 10% off these gauges.
The full price is now £114.90 so with the discount £103.41 delivered
Go onto Xybers website enter the discount code is "scoobynet_stepperpromo" in the web site when you order and it will give you the discount.
Then can you email Danny danny@globalennovations.com just to tell him I have passed the code on to you and to confirm which gauges you want
If you need any other info look through the first few pages lots of info there

Hi.

Read through this fairly comprehensive thread and also some on Nasioc and Scoobymods.
Looks like in general the most useful gauges are:
- Boost
- Oil pressure
- Exhaust Temp

However, I don't know how easy / difficult they are to install on a new age.
The classic install guide I read seemed to suggest you need to remove the pulley cover, belts etc just to install the pressure gauge which sounded a bit nuts to me - thought it was just the I/C. Don't suppose anyone can point me at a newage install guide?

Also - does the exhaust temp gauge on a new age require you to drill holes in the exhaust to install? I'd say I'm of medium ability so spark plugs, intercooler hoses, HID kit install, etc I can do no probs, but if we're talking replacing a whole shock or springs that might be a bit beyond me.

I'm trying to work out if I can manage this myself or if I'll need a garage to fit them for me....any pointers / advice appreciated :thumb:

Cheers,

G

scoobyc 24 May 2009 10:47 PM

possibly my tutorial you read.

Its easy. But it is fiddly and frustrating. And becareful not to overtighten things.

Taking the belt and cover off is way easier than fiddling under the alternator to get the oil pressure sender in properly :)

MrNoisy 24 May 2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by scoobyc (Post 8723744)
possibly my tutorial you read.

Its easy. But it is fiddly and frustrating. And becareful not to overtighten things.

Taking the belt and cover off is way easier than fiddling under the alternator to get the oil pressure sender in properly :)

Indeed it was mate - no offence intended btw - it just sounded like it was a heck of a lot of work to get the job done! Hats off to you for writing the guide - having done a few myself I know how useful they are and how long they take - I just wondered if the newage was different.

MrNoisy 27 May 2009 07:49 PM

Hey guys,

I've gone through this thread fairly thoroughly and have a question: I definitely want a boost gauge, and I'm thinking the oil pressure will be a good one to have too, but I'm stuck between choosing an air/fuel ratio gauge or a oil temperature one.
I can see the benefits of seeing if the engine is running too lean or rich, and if oil pressure drops, but what's the benefit of the oil temperature gauge - when is it likely to heat up that much that I'd need it?

Oh, and if I went for the air/fuel one does anyone know how to install it on a newage - so far I've only found an install guide for classics; looks easy enough as it taps into the ECU wiring, but wanted to see if it's REALLY that easy lol.

Can anyone help me out so I can decide and get these ordered?
Thanks in advance :thumb:

AndyMoody 29 May 2009 04:36 PM

I need to obtain a replacement oil temperature sender/sensor that screws into the No.3 cylinder hole. Mine had a slight weeping oil leak and whilst it was in being serviced today and trying to cure it the sensor has been overtighten and broken in half at the top of the threads. It has now got a blanking bung in the adaptor nut thing and my gauge is flashing as it can't read a sensor. Is Nick @ Gauge place the person to contact?

Thanks,

Andy.

Just spoke to R-Spec in Bicester who said that they have them in stock. I'm hoping to pick one up in the morning. :thumb: Can anyone give any fitting advice so this doesn't happen again. The mechanic is very experienced and used PTFE tape on the threads, should the brass fitting into the block have a washer on it? Should the sender be fitted to the brass adaptor before it is then screwed into the engine? Any tips welcome ! :cool:

scooby1doo1 04 June 2009 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob (Post 8729264)
Hey guys,

I've gone through this thread fairly thoroughly and have a question: I definitely want a boost gauge, and I'm thinking the oil pressure will be a good one to have too, but I'm stuck between choosing an air/fuel ratio gauge or a oil temperature one.
I can see the benefits of seeing if the engine is running too lean or rich, and if oil pressure drops, but what's the benefit of the oil temperature gauge - when is it likely to heat up that much that I'd need it?

Oh, and if I went for the air/fuel one does anyone know how to install it on a newage - so far I've only found an install guide for classics; looks easy enough as it taps into the ECU wiring, but wanted to see if it's REALLY that easy lol.

Can anyone help me out so I can decide and get these ordered?
Thanks in advance :thumb:

1 reason why you would buy the oil temp, to make sure your car is upto temp befor you give it the beans. I never give it the bean untill temps at 70

baz995 05 June 2009 12:36 PM

i would like one of the boost gauges and will be in singapore in 2 weeks time, do you have any contact details so i can buy it whilst i am out there :-) ?

rbaz 07 June 2009 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by baz995 (Post 8746661)
i would like one of the boost gauges and will be in singapore in 2 weeks time, do you have any contact details so i can buy it whilst i am out there :-) ?

Only the details from the website ;)

XyberAutos

steveo_8 10 June 2009 06:04 PM

Just bought some 60mm ones. They look good.

MrNoisy 10 June 2009 09:52 PM

Bought the 52mm ones, plus an ATI pod and fitting for the oil sensors from Scoobyparts.
The ATI pod looks well made and is a close enough match to the dash - I don't think it'll notice once it's in.
Just need a weekend to fit em now.... boost looks easiest to do but I'm guessing given that all the senders need to go through the bulkhead it's easier to thread them all through and wire everything up first.

Bealescooby 11 June 2009 12:17 AM

any1 need 2 buy 1 gauge as i need 2 , Air fuel & exhust temp so group buy the 3

GT Scooby blue 15 June 2009 09:03 PM

Fitted a set of Prosport gauges and they look very well, unfortunately the boost gauge has stopped working after only 2-3 weeks !!! :mad:
I think the sender unit is faulty as the gauges still go through their opening and closing ceremony but show no readings while the car is running.
I have emailed Danny but still waitng on a response.

GT Scooby blue 16 June 2009 10:43 PM

Still waiting on a reply....:mad:

V5RLTD 16 June 2009 10:45 PM

You'll get a reply mate.....in the end! Ordering my green ones v soon!

Bockett 18 June 2009 07:11 PM

Are many people having issues with these? Seen a couple of posts regarding faulty units.

FAO Rbaz:-

On the Xyber website what size gauges should be ordering for the discount? 52mm or 60mm.

Did look into these but been off getting other things. Also it seems the Scoobyworld Oil pressure/temp kit is the one to go for.

What Gauge holders are people getting?

AndyMoody 18 June 2009 10:07 PM

52mm. R Spec in Bicester are the UK importer of Prosport gauges and should be able to sort out a new sender if you get no answer from Danny. I had to get an oil temp one after a mishap with my original one snapping. Scoobyparts in Oakley near Bedford do both the oil pressure/temp kit and the ATI pod for a newage.

Jonlu 19 June 2009 03:55 PM

2nd on the ATI pod. Good product :)

chrispy200+ 20 June 2009 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD (Post 8769871)
You'll get a reply mate.....in the end! Ordering my green ones v soon!

Are they doing the green ones now? I was after them but they weren't selling them when I got mine

GT Scooby blue 24 June 2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by GT Scooby blue (Post 8769864)
Still waiting on a reply....:mad:

Guess what...... I'm still waiting on a reply.
Customer service certainly isn't a strong point:mad::mad:

rbaz 28 June 2009 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by GT Scooby blue (Post 8784322)
Guess what...... I'm still waiting on a reply.
Customer service certainly isn't a strong point:mad::mad:

Sorry you have had a faulty sender but as others have said you can get replacements from suppliers in the UK it would probably be cheaper/quicker than sending yours back for an exchange.
With the replacement make sure you mount it away from the turbo and mount it on something that isn’t too rigid to reduce the shocks and vibration.

V5RLTD 29 June 2009 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by chrispy200+ (Post 8776601)
Are they doing the green ones now? I was after them but they weren't selling them when I got mine

He can get them on special order (only after hassling him for ages:lol1:) They are exactly the same as the group buy, but will match the green dash lights in my classic when i switch the headlights on:luvlove:

chrispy200+ 29 June 2009 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD (Post 8793410)
He can get them on special order (only after hassling him for ages:lol1:) They are exactly the same as the group buy, but will match the green dash lights in my classic when i switch the headlights on:luvlove:

Ok thanks, i'll see if i can hassle him into a set as well, tried when i got my first set as the green would be much better than the red/white