ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Group Buys (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/)
-   -   Prosport Stepper Gauges (https://www.scoobynet.com/group-buys-356/697041-prosport-stepper-gauges.html)

rbaz 29 June 2009 09:35 PM

As far as I know the green ones aren’t the same quality they don’t have the stepper type gauges.

V5RLTD 29 June 2009 09:40 PM

Her you go, these ar the ones i mean Electric Boost Guage - Prosport Gauges Peak & Warning gauges

rbaz 29 June 2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD (Post 8794090)

I haven’t seen them advertised as green/white before so maybe they now make them :wonder:
Best to ask Danny make sure they are the same ones :thumb:

V5RLTD 29 June 2009 10:14 PM

I did mate, i was so anal in describing them to him its untrue! Think he agreed to order them just to get me off his case!

chrispy200+ 29 June 2009 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by V5RVLTD (Post 8794223)
I did mate, i was so anal in describing them to him its untrue! Think he agreed to order them just to get me off his case!

If you look on the prosport site they do the 52mm stepper gauges in green/white now, danny didn't stock them when I got mine a while ago, did try and get him to get some but no luck

Bealescooby 30 June 2009 12:14 AM

received another set today very happy with em , now another 3 gauges to fit
any pics/help with fittin fuel pressure 1 and which wire on ecu 2 connect Afr 1 to would be appreciated

erchie84 30 June 2009 04:22 PM

my boost gauge sender not working from new but can't get a reply from danny is there someone in the uk who will supply one

steveo_8 01 July 2009 05:25 PM

ive made a big mistake i ordered 60mm ones thinking they were the pro sport ones but they are differant ones. it was the pro sport that i wanted.

V5RLTD 01 July 2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by erchie84 (Post 8795379)
my boost gauge sender not working from new but can't get a reply from danny is there someone in the uk who will supply one

http://www.rspec.co.uk/

Cannon Fodder 03 July 2009 12:33 PM

Just ordered myself a set, can't wait to get them on the car. :)

Can anyone recommend a pod and an adaptor kit for the oil pressure sender? :wonder:

rbaz 04 July 2009 09:40 AM

Green dials

Right I have just spoken to Danny about the green gauges and they are exactly the same as the others we have been getting. If there is enough interest he can get them in stock at the same price for us :thumb: (He has been ill which is why he has been slow responding to emails)
He would need at least 5 to put an order in for them.
If you would like a set in green put your name on the list if you want the std colours just contact him direct :thumb:

Origional Instructions
We can still get 10% off these gauges.
The full price is now £114.90 so with the discount £103.41 delivered
Go onto Xybers website enter the discount code is "scoobynet_stepperpromo" in the web site when you order and it will give you the discount.
Then can you email Danny danny@globalennovations.com just to tell him I have passed the code on to you and to confirm which gauges you want :thumb:
If you need any other info look through the first few pages lots of info there :thumb:

V5RLTD 04 July 2009 10:34 AM

Right I have just spoken to Danny about the green gauges and they are exactly the same as the others we have been getting. If there is enough interest he can get them in stock at the same price for us (He has been ill which is why he has been slow responding to emails)
If you would like a set in green put your name on the list if you want the std colours just contact him direct
1.V5RVLTD

Origional Instructions
Go onto Xybers website enter the discount code is "scoobynet_stepperpromo" in the web site when you order and it will give you the discount.
Then can you email Danny danny@globalennovations.com just to tell him I have passed the code on to you and to confirm which gauges you want
If you need any other info look through the first few pages lots of info there

V5RLTD 04 July 2009 10:37 AM

Maybe worth starting a new thread mate stating green, people may think there is nothing new here and not bother looking:confused: Just a thought:thumb:

AbbasSTI 05 July 2009 02:09 PM

Has anyone found a good fitting guide for these for newage cars? (boost oil temp & pressure)

AbbasSTI 09 July 2009 07:05 PM

My oil temp isn't working, I just emailed Danny, also the button sticks

MrNoisy 11 July 2009 05:07 PM

I wired up the gauges and installed the pod today - gonna do the senders either tomorrow or next weekend.
However, whilst the boost and oil temp flash as I'd expect, the oil pressure just flickers constantly and isn't flashing - does anyone know if this is normal or is it an indication that the gauge is faulty?

340BHP-WRX 11 July 2009 09:21 PM

Just ordered myself a set of 3 gauges :thumb:

AbbasSTI 13 July 2009 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob (Post 8816050)
I wired up the gauges and installed the pod today - gonna do the senders either tomorrow or next weekend.
However, whilst the boost and oil temp flash as I'd expect, the oil pressure just flickers constantly and isn't flashing - does anyone know if this is normal or is it an indication that the gauge is faulty?

I had something similar, but it was just a case of pushing the wires in the back of the gauge a bit harder........ I hope yours get sorted as easily

MrNoisy 13 July 2009 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by brownface (Post 8819309)
I had something similar, but it was just a case of pushing the wires in the back of the gauge a bit harder........ I hope yours get sorted as easily

When you say "the wires" - are you talking about the power wire mate?
I don't even have the senders attached yet! I'd have thought the power wire wouldn't cause it to act in this fashion would it?

rbaz 13 July 2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob (Post 8819542)
When you say "the wires" - are you talking about the power wire mate?
I don't even have the senders attached yet! I'd have thought the power wire wouldn't cause it to act in this fashion would it?

I think they will be erratic readings before you plug the senders in.
Why dont you plug them in then you will know :wonder:

MrNoisy 14 July 2009 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8820101)
I think they will be erratic readings before you plug the senders in.
Why dont you plug them in then you will know :wonder:

Sorry mate, I'm not trying to be difficult here - I'm just thinking that if 2 of the 3 flash without senders attached then the third would behave in the same way.
Like I said, didn't have time to do the senders and the pod in the same weekend. I just wanted to know if I need to get in contact with Danny before I go the whole hog, install the senders and then find the oil pressure one is shot...

rbaz 14 July 2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bugeye_Scoob (Post 8820752)
Sorry mate, I'm not trying to be difficult here - I'm just thinking that if 2 of the 3 flash without senders attached then the third would behave in the same way.
Like I said, didn't have time to do the senders and the pod in the same weekend. I just wanted to know if I need to get in contact with Danny before I go the whole hog, install the senders and then find the oil pressure one is shot...

You don’t need to install the senders to connect them up, connect them it should just read zero (make sure you earth the sender) and the gauge should stop flickering and flash red as its picking up zero oil pressure. You will then know it works ;)

MrNoisy 14 July 2009 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by rbaz (Post 8820917)
You don’t need to install the senders to connect them up, connect them it should just read zero (make sure you earth the sender) and the gauge should stop flickering and flash red as its picking up zero oil pressure. You will then know it works ;)

Ahhhh - now I getcha - sorry, I didn't know I could do that - blinding thanks mate.

jimmy_wrxsti 15 July 2009 12:03 PM

Cracking gauges - seen others fitted and they look great. Unfortunately never got round to fitting mine so selling the gauges, centre pod, oil pressure and temp adapter kit and some hosing etc for complete kit if anyone interested.

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...entre-pod.html

Rice Rocket 15 July 2009 12:47 PM

sent danny an email on monday still waiting for an answer from him :(

Ricey

TINO.wrx 17 July 2009 02:36 PM

Right I have just spoken to Danny about the green gauges and they are exactly the same as the others we have been getting. If there is enough interest he can get them in stock at the same price for us (He has been ill which is why he has been slow responding to emails)
If you would like a set in green put your name on the list if you want the std colours just contact him direct
1.V5RVLTD
2.TINO.wrx

Origional Instructions
Then can you email Danny danny@globalennovations.com just to tell him I have passed the code on to you and to confirm which gauges you want
If you need any other info look through the first few pages lots of info there

340BHP-WRX 17 July 2009 07:15 PM

My gauges arrived this morning :luxhello:

Ordered Saturday and arrived in under a week,that's better than the delivery times on some parts i've bought from companies in this country ;)

340BHP-WRX 18 July 2009 11:16 PM

Fitted my gauges today and i'm in need of some help !

I've wired the 12v for the gauges to the ignition live from the stereo,they work fine but don't keep the memory. Can I just move the 12v wire from the ignition live to permanent live ? Will they work ok like that or will they be on all the time ?

I've fitted the oil temp sender above cylinder 3 where the blanking plug was,done the sender up nice and tight but it's leaking oil slightly ! This is a nightmare to get to and I haven't been able to tighten it up any further. Would putting some PTFE tape on the sender sort it out ? As it's a tapered thread I was under the impression it wouldn't need any PTFE ?

Also,there isn't any instructions with these gauges telling you how to setup the peak warning etc :mad:

Anyone know how to set them up ?

AndyMoody 18 July 2009 11:20 PM

I'd be very careful trying to tighten the sender anymore as my mechanic tried that to stop a slight leak and it snapped the sender in half. After getting a replacement he used a liquid thread seal and no problems this time. My gauges are wired into the clock wiring. no problems with memory settings.

340BHP-WRX 18 July 2009 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMoody (Post 8829738)
I'd be very careful trying to tighten the sender anymore as my mechanic tried that to stop a slight leak and it snapped the sender in half. After getting a replacement he used a liquid thread seal and no problems this time. My gauges are wired into the clock wiring. no problems with memory settings.

I'd say it was pretty tight already but it's very hard to get a spanner on it properly !

Liquid thread seal sounds like a good idea :thumb:

Any idea how to set these gauges up ?