ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Riots in London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900212-riots-in-london.html)

AsifScoob 09 August 2011 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178376)
I didn't go to look mate. I went to see a friend in south Manchester and before I left their house to come home I checked the media and it seemed to indicate all was OK except for the city centres (Manchester and Salford).... so decided to drive round the east of the city as thought that would be safe enough... well that was not the case :eek:

Understood. Sorry to hear that. :(

I reiterate my previous comments. I sense the Govt will build up to a proper response to this, so they don't 'upset' anyone in the meantime.

It will be too late by then, the damage will have been done. This is bound to make the economy deteriorate further. People will stop shopping, travelling, living, because of their fear.

Asif

AsifScoob 09 August 2011 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 10178380)
Typical media....Maybe I'm being unfair, but problems appear to be regarded as less serious if they are further North (generally speaking).

You're probably right Lisa, but BBC news at 9pm did lead on Manchester and the Arndale Centre.

Amazing live reports on News 24 from there too. I hope I am not speaking too soon, but London appears a bit quieter tonight.

Asif

jono300 09 August 2011 11:51 PM

Quote " It's very scary sitting at a set of lights while a group of people emerge from a wrecked shop just next to the lights brandishing merchandise and talking excitedly about what they have just stolen "

Tell you what mate luckly you did not jump them set off lights had the mob tried to get at you as bet the fine for jumping the red light would have been with you long before the scum got theres and 100% sure I know who would be paying the biggest fine !!!!.

f1_fan 09 August 2011 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10178385)
Understood. Sorry to hear that. :(

I reiterate my previous comments. I sense the Govt will build up to a proper response to this, so they don't 'upset' anyone in the meantime.

It will be too late by then, the damage will have been done. This is bound to make the economy deteriorate further. People will stop shopping, travelling, living, because of their fear.

Asif

Yep .... sadly that is the case. Cameron has been way too slow over this ... mind you imagine if it was Milliband :eek:

f1_fan 09 August 2011 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by jono300 (Post 10178390)
Quote " It's very scary sitting at a set of lights while a group of people emerge from a wrecked shop just next to the lights brandishing merchandise and talking excitedly about what they have just stolen "

Tell you what mate luckly you did not jump them set off lights had the mob tried to get at you as bet the fine for jumping the red light would have been with you long before the scum got theres and 100% sure I know who would be paying the biggest fine !!!!.

Funny you should say that as I was thinking the same thing at the lights... if even the slightest whiff of attention turns towards me I am off... red light or no red light.... and I will just have to fight the fine... funny how things like that go through your head :D

AsifScoob 09 August 2011 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178391)
Yep .... sadly that is the case. Cameron has been way too slow over this ... mind you imagine if it was Milliband :eek:

Imagine if it had been Brown!!??

Surely this is the time for the mob to drag him out onto the streets, Mussolini style!? No one has blamed Brown for 1% of what he has helped to cause here, IMO.

Asif

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by AsifScoob (Post 10178397)
Imagine if it had been Brown!!??

Surely this is the time for the mob to drag him out onto the streets, Mussolini style!? No one has blamed Brown for 1% of what he has helped to cause here, IMO.

Asif

Brown can't speed up evolution.

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:03 AM

While I agree with you Asif, to a certain extent, Brown is no longer relevant, a failed politician and karma will do her thing as regards him eventually.

Right now I would rather we spent our efforts persuading Caneron to wake up and smell the coffee!

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178401)
While I agree with you Asif, to a certain extent, Brown is no longer relevant, a failed politician and karma will do her thing as regards him eventually.

Right now I would rather we spent our efforts persuading Caneron to wake up and smell the coffee!

Right, now you've settled your nerves - The Police have been cleared to use plastic bullets and there's a battalion on standby. What do you want Cameron to do, put fcuking riot gear on? The poor coppers are probably terrified of pulling the trigger in case they kill someone.....they wouldn't want to start a riot or lose their job or face a trial by media.....

Why not support the people trying to manage this instead of demeaning yourself by linking pure criminality to Tory policy? That is all. :razz:

J4CKO 10 August 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178381)
Got a mate in an apartment in the Northern Quarter, just rang her and she says she is 99% sure Afflecks has been looted but not set ablaze. She is petrified btw.... FFS I hope someone in government is reading posts like this!

Shame if its been looted but I cant imagine they would want most of the stuff in there, would be tragic if it were burnt down, it happened before but dont know if it would survive another one.

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178412)
Right, now you've settled your nerves - The Police have been cleared to use plastic bullets and there's a battalion on standby. What do you want Cameron to do, put fcuking riot gear on? The poor coppers are probably terrified of pulling the trigger in case they kill someone.....they wouldn't want to start a riot or lose their job or face a trial by media.....

Why not support the people trying to manage this instead of demeaning yourself by linking pure criminality to Tory policy? That is all. :razz:

Look this is how it is. Cameron is the PM. he has the army, plastic bullets, curfews and martial law at his disposal ... take your pick out of any combination of those, but looking at Manchester tonight his idea of tough policing by consent is not working. And right now I don't care whether he is Tory, Labour, EDL, BNP, SWP or whatever other frigging party you can think iof. As the PM I want him to get tough.

J4CKO 10 August 2011 12:40 AM

Yes, he NEEDS to get tough, now and in the future, I can cope with knowing the Police have these powers as I wont be out rioting, all my kids are present and accounted for, their only crimes being leaving dirty glasses around in the lounge and moaning about going to bed.

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178415)
Look this is how it is. Cameron is the PM. he has the army, plastic bullets, curfews and martial law at his disposal ... take your pick out of any combination of those, but looking at Manchester tonight his idea of tough policing by consent is not working. And right now I don't care whether he is Tory, Labour, EDL, BNP, SWP or whatever other frigging party you can think iof. As the PM I want him to get tough.

It's unprecedented flash riots FFS!! Everyone wants it sorted but you're talking as if it's a simple fix! I get your frustration, but you're just not looking at it clearly. What do you propose? I take it you've changed your mind about killing everyone or should we get all al-Assad on the fcukers? Drink your brandy and give it a rest. Fcuking hell. :D

joz8968 10 August 2011 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 10178244)
Hello Rioters
Look at your Friend, now back to me
Now at your friend, now back to me
Sadly, he isn't me
But if he stopped using petrol bombs
...And started using Job centre he could potentially be me
Look down, Back up. Where are we?
You're at an interview with the man your friend could work for.
What's in your hand? Back at me.
I have it. It's an application form to that job you need.
Look again. The form is now money.
Anything is possible when you get a job and stop looting.
I'm on a horse

;)

:lol: Pure genuis. The regular ad makes me snigger, but that ^^^ is something else! LOL :cool: :D

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178423)
It's unprecedented flash riots FFS!! Everyone wants it sorted but you're talking as if it's a simple fix! I get your frustration, but you're just not looking at it clearly. What do you propose? I take it you've changed your mind about killing everyone or should we get all al-Assad on the fcukers? Drink your brandy and give it a rest. Fcuking hell. :D

Why don't you give it a rest eh? You always pose questions, but never any answers! You seem more worried how the UK looks to your beloved world stage than whether its people can walk down the stret in safety. FFS indeed!

tarmac terror 10 August 2011 12:54 AM

low life scum..... is this what the big society looks like????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gex_...eature=related

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178430)
Why don't you give it a rest eh? You always pose questions, but never any answers! You seem more worried how the UK looks to your beloved world stage than whether its people can walk down the stret in safety. FFS indeed!

Well, if you like. Moff to bed, and as the bloke on crimewatch used to say, don't have nightmares. X

Bugatti 10 August 2011 01:35 AM

Well we can now add Leicester to the list. Electrical shops have been looted in town, with other places like the Highcross shopping centre also broken into and vandalised and possibly more looting taken place inside. Riot police out in force watching the action.

Wasn't expecting it to happen here as we don't have gang related probems. :mad:

Mainly white thugs claiming to be part of EDL. Now making their way into the predominantly Asian residential area. Not looking good at all.

ScoobyDriverWannabe 10 August 2011 01:37 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64OI6dVM9uU

wrbhawk 10 August 2011 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 10178445)

Isn't that just like a normal afternoon in Millwall before kick-off

Shaid 10 August 2011 02:27 AM

Birmingham is not doing too good.

As the looters went into Lozzels and Aston it all kicked off with the local Asians.

Didn't go so well, one police officer has been shot, two Pakistani guys have been run over and one of them has died.

To top it offend repercussions (sp) tommorrow are going to be worse. If it isn't controlled soon it's going to turn into another race riot.

Shaid 10 August 2011 02:30 AM

Three Pakistani guys were walking along the pavement. Some loon in a car mounted the kerb.

Shaid 10 August 2011 02:31 AM

Amazing first for Brum. The Sikhs and Muslims are working together.

RobJenks 10 August 2011 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Anders_WR1 (Post 10177851)
PM should allow:

Use of rubber bullets on anyone wearing a mask, or...
Use of batons to break a few arms and legs and...
Send a warning to parents, keep your kids locked in or parents are prosecuted

Finally anyone who is caught looting / vandilising goehttps://www.scoobynet.com/member.php?u=889s to jail for five years minimum. If they have to build new jails so be it.

Anders

No need to build new jails - just transfer to a remote Scottish island , leave tents , water and oats. End of.
I know our friends in Jockland will oppose , but they did impose Blair and Brown on us .

Bugatti 10 August 2011 03:22 AM

Just seen footage of Sikhs in Southall with hockey sticks and baseball bats :thumb:, the police should arrest the looters, and dump them at Southall's doorstep and let that community teach them a lesson. No need for custody cells, paperwork etc.

As for the tossers who have damaged Fire appliances in Liverpool. Hope THEIR family homes catch fire tonight and the Fire service can't get there as a result of the vandalism with their families burning to death nice and slowly.

wrbhawk 10 August 2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178448)
Birmingham is not doing too good.

As the looters went into Lozzels and Aston it all kicked off with the local Asians.

Didn't go so well, one police officer has been shot, two Pakistani guys have been run over and one of them has died.

To top it offend repercussions (sp) tommorrow are going to be worse. If it isn't controlled soon it's going to turn into another race riot.

Sky news reporting that two have died.

Hope they catch the idiot driving.

StickyMicky 10 August 2011 06:03 AM

IMHO This whole farce will be used to rush in some new law removing part of our rights......

The sleazy government will always be looking for opertunitys (sp?) to grab more power.

pimmo2000 10 August 2011 06:56 AM

Birkenhead got hit last night .. (probably difficult to tell) but apparently it's pretty bad :( I have to drive through there today to go to and from work, dropping the misses off and through Liverpool centre .. will post up some photos if I spot anything ..

The Dogs B******s 10 August 2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 10178445)

Might have been Millwall,but i did notice they wern't smashing up cars,maybe we need to get a few more firms together.

pimmo2000 10 August 2011 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bugatti (Post 10178460)
Just seen footage of Sikhs in Southall with hockey sticks and baseball bats :thumb:, the police should arrest the looters, and dump them at Southall's doorstep and let that community teach them a lesson. No need for custody cells, paperwork etc.

As for the tossers who have damaged Fire appliances in Liverpool. Hope THEIR family homes catch fire tonight and the Fire service can't get there as a result of the vandalism with their families burning to death nice and slowly.

You want a family to burn to death because of the actions of one member of their family ? probably a kid whos been brought up badly and doesn't grasp what they are doing ?