ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Riots in London (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900212-riots-in-london.html)

markb_s1 10 August 2011 09:14 AM

Just seen my little bro heading south on london bridge in one of 3 riot vans... quiet night in Hackney tonight apparently.

He reckons the orders they were given last night that would have allowed them to use some proper force were far too late. As do I!

SinghSuperStud 10 August 2011 09:20 AM

I can see black on brown riots tonight as repercussions of the asian youths attaching the looters, most of whom are black.

It'll be a repeat of Lozells riots :(

Shaid - I know what you mean, Muslims and Sikhs working together for a change - strange how you find community cohesion at times like this :)

The Zohan 10 August 2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by markb_s1 (Post 10178576)

He reckons the orders they were given last night that would have allowed them to use some proper force were far too late. As do I!

+1

The rioters objective was to cause trouble and stock up on the goods they couldn't be bothered to buy and hurt the police - most have done just that and will now be at home watching their new plasmas whilst on the newly acquired blackberries to their mates telling them what trainers they managed to nick from JJB.

The only ones out there now are copycats rioter wannabes, not the hard core of violent, viscous, lawless scum who needed to have their brains splattered all over the pavements a day or so ago!

Hanley 10 August 2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by RobJenks (Post 10178453)
I know our friends in Jockland will oppose , but they did impose Blair and Brown on us .

Since when did Scotland ever impose Blair on us??

:D

Shaid 10 August 2011 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by SinghSuperStud (Post 10178581)
I can see black on brown riots tonight as repercussions of the asian youths attaching the looters, most of whom are black.

It'll be a repeat of Lozells riots :(

Shaid - I know what you mean, Muslims and Sikhs working together for a change - strange how you find community cohesion at times like this :)

It actually bought a tear to eye. I went to some of the paajis at Soho Rd Gurudwara at 0420 in the morning. The temple has now got beefy security day and night. The Singhs aren't going to let anything happen to their temple.

I think what Sangat TV and the Singhs of mainly Southall have done has built more bridges and ironed out more creases than what both communities have achieved in a generation.

Hope it stays that way.

SinghSuperStud 10 August 2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178614)
It actually bought a tear to eye. I went to some of the paajis at Soho Rd Gurudwara at 0420 in the morning. The temple has now got beefy security day and night. The Singhs aren't going to let anything happen to their temple.

I think what Sangat TV and the Singhs of mainly Southall have done has built more bridges and ironed out more creases than what both communities have achieved in a generation.

Hope it stays that way.

I know what you mean - times like this you can either make a stand for or against. Sikhs and Muslims need something uniting them and I am betting they are the only two communities that will have the b@lls to do anything about it.

Let's hope they aren't the ones that strike first but rather in defence as otherwise it'll bring disrepute.

Where are you from?

I might travel back to Birmingham tonight and drive through!

TelBoy 10 August 2011 10:16 AM

The riots have spread to Brighton.

A local man just got his back door smashed in.

cookstar 10 August 2011 10:25 AM

:lol1:

f1_fan 10 August 2011 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10178582)
The only ones out there now are copycats rioter wannabes, not the hard core of violent, viscous, lawless scum who needed to have their brains splattered all over the pavements a day or so ago!

Sorry, but that is rubbish. Manchester was like a war zone last night and the only reason people weren't hrut was because it was mainly the city centre where shops were looted where you don't have residents living right on top of or next to the shops!

ReallyReallyGoodMeat 10 August 2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10178666)
The riots have spread to Brighton.

A local man just got his back door smashed in.

LOL out loud

Shaid 10 August 2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by SinghSuperStud (Post 10178660)
I know what you mean - times like this you can either make a stand for or against. Sikhs and Muslims need something uniting them and I am betting they are the only two communities that will have the b@lls to do anything about it.

Let's hope they aren't the ones that strike first but rather in defence as otherwise it'll bring disrepute.

Where are you from?

I might travel back to Birmingham tonight and drive through!

I hope so too however i know these deaths are not going to go quitely. If you are coming into Brum, and providing it's after 9pm send me a pm we'll hook up.

mrmadcap 10 August 2011 10:43 AM

The Police helicopter was up over Wythenshawe Estate all last night, probably filming the scroats arriving back from Manchester city centre with the loot.

f1_fan 10 August 2011 10:50 AM

So I wonder what our beloeved prime minster will have to say at 11am in his statement... nothing more than platitudes no doubt.

Saw this on the BBC site:

Originally Posted by Anonymous Police Officer
The UK will continue to be under siege from the mindless violence until something changes in the way we police this country. When my granddad was a police officer in the 1940s he was feared by those who broke laws. He acted professionally and upheld the law, but did not have worry about trial by media if used force to restore order. Every use of force by a police officer in the UK has to be documented and justified. Many officers will not use the force necessary to restore order as they fear for their jobs and liberty! The interview with the two teenage girls on Monday shows this really well where they state 'we are showing the police we can do what we want!' The yobs and looters need something to fear [the police] or they will continue their reign of terror on the law abiding community.

Something needs to change... today!!!

davyboy 10 August 2011 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We need more of this:

Attachment 75016

rickya 10 August 2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178614)

Hope it stays that way.

Some good that has come out of such despair :thumb:

f1_fan 10 August 2011 11:08 AM

Libyan foreign ministry spokesman Khalid Ka'im has called on world governments to take action over the unrest in the UK. David Cameron has lost legitimacy and "must go", Libya's official news agency Jana reports. Libya "demands that the international community not stand with arms folded in the face of this gross aggression against the rights of the British people, who are demanding its right to rule its country", the report said.
:D :D

The Zohan 10 August 2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178678)
Sorry, but that is rubbish. Manchester was like a war zone last night and the only reason people weren't hrut was because it was mainly the city centre where shops were looted where you don't have residents living right on top of or next to the shops!

Forgot to mention that this applies to London, as usual the rest of the country is lagging behind and following the lead of the capital;) as i said it is quietening down in London and for the reasons i stated:)

f1_fan 10 August 2011 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10178764)
Forgot to mention that this applies to London, as usual the rest of the country is lagging behind and following the lead of the capital;) as i said it is quietening down in London and for the reasons i stated:)

So did you or didn't you say it was London? :confused:

The Zohan 10 August 2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178768)
So did you or didn't you say it was London? :confused:

My post that you initially replied to was about London - i hope that clarifies it for you!:)

Maybe the looters in other parts of the country where waiting for deliveries to Currys, Phones 4U and JJB before they started their free shopping trips:)

SinghSuperStud 10 August 2011 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178697)
I hope so too however i know these deaths are not going to go quitely. If you are coming into Brum, and providing it's after 9pm send me a pm we'll hook up.

Ok mate - will drop you a PM if I'm venturing into Birm

Allah Rakha!

cookstar 10 August 2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10178723)
We need more of this:

https://i.imgur.com/JCQWV.gif

I would love to carry on watching that one, to see what he got for his troubles.

Shaid 10 August 2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by SinghSuperStud (Post 10178775)
Ok mate - will drop you a PM if I'm venturing into Birm

Allah Rakha!

Ki rakha? Kiteh? What did he put where? lol

f1_fan 10 August 2011 11:41 AM

So as predicted just more waffle from the PM and where is the f**king home secretary???

Well I think we can safely say we can look forward to another night of mayhem unless it rains of course. Bad news when the weather is more effective than the PM!

GlesgaKiss 10 August 2011 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10178723)
We need more of this:

https://i.imgur.com/JCQWV.gif

Exactly. There should be more of a community involvement, and I think that 20 years ago down there that would have happened.

If it happened in Glasgow I'm pretty sure there would be as many people on the other side than there was looting, probably more. Personally I'm up for it. You could organise via facebook etc.

davyboy 10 August 2011 11:46 AM

Apparently they may use water cannons now.

Anyone who thinks these don't hurt may like to google 'water cannon eye damage'.

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 10178814)
Apparently they may use water cannons now.

Anyone who thinks these don't hurt may like to google 'water cannon eye damage'.

They said with 24 hours nitice whatever that means and anyway I didn't think we had any water cannon on the mainland!

morpheus1870 10 August 2011 12:15 PM

Three men mowed down and killed by hit-and-run driver as they 'tried to protect their community from looters'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1UcigrifU

It's about time we unite, Muslim, Sikh, Hindu, Christian whatever, and sort these fcuking b@$tard$ out. If these thugs want to destroy our communities they better be prepared to face a severe ar$e kicking. The gloves are off now :mad::mad:

JPL 10 August 2011 12:31 PM

Call in the army, 9pm curfew, if you're on the streets after that, 50mm machine gun.

Scum. :mad:

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:32 PM

So one of the first of the 'disaffected' up in front of the courts for looting is....... a 31 year old teacher!

Must be trying to reclaim some of those extra pension contributions :mad:

J4CKO 10 August 2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178876)
So one of the first of the 'disaffected' up in front of the courts for looting is....... a 31 year old teacher!

Must be trying to reclaim some of those extra pension contributions :mad:

Really, jesus, has now I guess forfoeted his job, wouldnt want someone who thinks looting is ok teaching kids.