ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Midlands (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/)
-   -   Derby Mid-Week Evening Meet (https://www.scoobynet.com/midlands-england-23/223900-derby-mid-week-evening-meet.html)

DaveD 10 July 2003 11:25 PM

Thanks everyone for turning up this evening - a good crowd, as ever. :)

For the first time this year, it was actually warm!!

Sorry didn't get to speak to everyone, hopefully see you all at the next meet?

:)

scooby-si 11 July 2003 08:21 AM

sorry kevin was in bed at 4pm not well at all m8 :(

K9VYN [Kevin W] 11 July 2003 08:48 AM

Si,

no worries, didn't end up going in the end - had a bit of a demanding day, what with the Manchester airport accident in the morning before work and then having to contend with rush hour traffic on the way back.

also, Scoob didn't come back yesterday so there was a lot of running around to get my other car to work so i could drop my Dad to work and get home, then drop his car to work so he could get home. I was exhausted by 19:30 and welcomed a relaxing night in.

Kev

Gridlock Mikey 11 July 2003 09:27 AM

And your excuse shaggy? :rolleyes:

Mikey :cool:

555-Shaggy 11 July 2003 12:31 PM

No excuses mate, I was there.. :D Its not my fault you had gone before I turned up :(

Got there just after 9 - was playing on the river with the new toy :D:D:D (well, one of 'em) the other wouldn't come out :(

JGM... YOu need the right hand lane round Little Eaton roundabout.. ;) oh, and I beat you there, in that oil tanker, with the boat on... :D:D:D ;)

[Edited by 555-Shaggy - 11/07/2003 12:32:50]

TonyG 11 July 2003 01:40 PM

Did think about coming over, but was a bit busy, and also would be a bit embarrassed to be seen turning up in a R*v*r 25...
Should be fully mobile for the next one.

flat4 11 July 2003 03:13 PM

just started to rain when we left at about 10 i think :rolleyes:

this is just a poor excuse for post no. 1800 :D

kev :)

Jolly Green Monster 11 July 2003 04:09 PM

JGM... YOu need the right hand lane round Little Eaton roundabout.. oh, and I beat you there, in that oil tanker, with the boat on...
Thank you.. my excuses are.. I live 200miles away and must be the longest travelling attender?

I also stopped to answer the phone as I don't 'talk and drive'..

... and I never go over that side of Derby.. :)

Fancy upgrading your 16inch speedlines to 17s??

Simon

555-Shaggy 11 July 2003 04:15 PM

Yeah, yeah, excuses excuses ;) although fair point mate :D

I wish 16's they are only 15's on 'the other car'.. unless you are talking about my scoob :D (blimey theres a memory if you remember it that well :)), in which case they are already 17's - got them at the end of last year - it'll make an appearance at the next meet when I've had chance to wash and polish it :D

:cool:

Jolly Green Monster 11 July 2003 08:06 PM

You have a 97 (less sure on the year) possibly an R reg
4door DMG and it had gold 16inch speedlines on it :)

I might not reconize a face but do okay with cars... LOL..

Simon