ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Police complaint - what happens now (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/409938-police-complaint-what-happens-now.html)

SPEN555 11 March 2005 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vipa
I really don't want to get involved in this....But... just a few words

1. I think the Police in general do a stirling job in the face of severe critisism, dwindling manpower and rising crime and at times have one of the most stressful jobs imaginable.

2. Yes there will be some 'bad-uns'..... there are 'bad-uns' in every industry but they are thankfully outnumbered by the 'good-uns' (and before anyone pipes up and says they aren't... think about it... if the Police were majority bad then people would be 'dissapearing' left right and centre... Think Russia under communist rule!)

3. It is human nature to go on the defensive under heavy criticsism, especially when someone's in your face and critiscising you.... how defensive is I would think exponential to the level/severity/type of critisism being leveled, remember when we are talking about a Police Officer being 'critiscised' in a situation... we are not talking a friendly appraisal meeting. It takes a special person and a HELL of a lot of willpower and training to be able to stay perfectly calm and in control of a situation when someone is in your face or being... shall we say... colourfully critical of you, your family, your collegues and profession. Few people on here (myself included) are capable of this.

4. I'm not a particularly religous man but I do remember one statement made by JC himself.... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"
I challenge anyone here to take a good hard look at themselves and HONESTLY tell us that they have NEVER EVER said or done something innapropriate in a stressful or heated moment. 90% will answer.. yes they have and the other 10% are liars.... self righteous ones at that.

5. Let the punishment fit the crime...... You'd be horrified if the death penalty was re-introduced for petty crime but a couple of hundred years ago there was a boy hanged for stealing a loaf of bread from a shop! Does telling someone to F@ck off realy warrant a) the ruin of someones career or does it really warrant b) a bollocking. If we go for choice b then there is a chance he wil;l learn by the mistake and it may well not happen again.... if we go for choice a...... well we'll never know will we. We spend our lives learning by our mistakes and it is this learning process that makes us what we are.

Lastly 6. Just think what would happen if we had no emergency services!!!!! We'd be in serious **** then! (Think of the movie... Escape from New York.)

Paul

Wot a crock 'o' $hite post!

The first point stops ya reading the rest of the rubbish! Defence city or what!

You want to try working in manufacturing and see wot the goverment does to help you!!!!

The only reason it is stessful is because they are not doing a satisfactory job period!!!! Look at all the traffic cops employed, mobile camera vans doing people for 33 in a 30zone FFS! It's like a resouce split akin to cement only; 10 parts speeding and 1 part serious crime i.e. burgalry. theft and drugs etc.

Coppa's have it easy! They should introduce another police force to promote competition and then we can decide who is best as it will show when you dial the emergency number.

mart360 12 March 2005 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
Mart,

Shall we put it down to ar5ehole5 everywhere and leave it at that? I'm tired and working my 9th straight shift tomorrow so i'm off to bed!!

suits me !!

Mart :D

imlach 12 March 2005 12:13 AM

Quite interesting this. Do remember that anyone claiming to be employed by the Police on here is quite clearly only stating their own personal viewpoints, and NOT stating the official viewpoint of their employers.

It would generally be frowned upon for individuals on a public forum to be (mis)representing the views of their employers without the consent of their employer.

Anyone care to comment :D :D

Vipa 12 March 2005 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
Wot a crock 'o' $hite post!

The first point stops ya reading the rest of the rubbish! Defence city or what!

You want to try working in manufacturing and see wot the goverment does to help you!!!!

The only reason it is stessful is because they are not doing a satisfactory job period!!!! Look at all the traffic cops employed, mobile camera vans doing people for 33 in a 30zone FFS! It's like a resouce split akin to cement only; 10 parts speeding and 1 part serious crime i.e. burgalry. theft and drugs etc.

Coppa's have it easy! They should introduce another police force to promote competition and then we can decide who is best as it will show when you dial the emergency number.

1. I'm not a copper.
2. Not stressfull???? I for one couldn't scrape a dead 5 year old up off the road, or tell said 5 year olds mother that she'd just lost her child... I'd have a breakdown in no time.... (just examples)
3. What's government help in the manufacturing sector got to do with stress?? (and I have 'tried working in the manufacturing industry')
4. Everyone on this site that has a problem with the Police seems to take issue with speed cameras and trafic enforcement! I don't like speed cameras and would be p@ssed if I got done ... BUT.... I am aware of the consequences of my actions and if I get done then I have no one else to blame but me. Time to start listening to PSLewis... If you don't want to get done for speeding... don't speed!
5. What's all the bollocks about manpower being utilised to catch speeders??? In my part of the country (Cleveland) I understand that 3 (yes 3... Three... trois) coppers run the speed camera partnership thingy out of the whole of Cleveland Police!!!! hardly an exessive split in manpower!?
6. Without the emergency services we would be in deeeeep ****..... name another country which runs efficiently and harmoniously as they don't have a police force?
7. I find it unbelievable that the coppers on here get so much grief when all they try to do is offer good advice and then the next post will read "help I'm in trouble... can one of our resident coppers help"...... sooo hypocritical!
8. An example of the contempt people in this country have for those employed to help keep us safe out of harms way is the recent news of the child killed when some nutter started taking pot shots at the fire service attending a blaze and missed! I really do think that those who feel they would be better off without the security our emergency services offer should be segregated and allowed to go about thier life to fend for themselves.... when you've all finished killing each other we can mop up the mess and get on with our lives without having to listen to whingeing gits like you!!!!!

Paul

SPEN555 12 March 2005 12:16 AM

R they allowed to go on strike if they don't agree with what they are told to enforce?

Vipa 12 March 2005 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by SPEN555
R they allowed to go on strike if they don't agree with what they are told to enforce?

No... and bloody good job too... with the police force on strike we have 2 options... 1. Marshal law.... too scary to even contemplate or 2. no police force... result = Looting, Rioting, general anarchy.....

The rules surrounding the police are there for a reason!

oh... just a small point... the police enforce nothing... the courts do the enforcing... the police are the tools of the court (and I know what's coming there.)

AFAIK this country has no rules which would cause question of whether it was right or wrong to enforce said rule (apart from the new anti-terror laws but that's a whole other thread) most of our rules have been refined over the centuries and most of us know what is right and wrong and know the consequences of breaching the rules. The rules are what society as a whole deems acceptable behaviour...

SPEN555 12 March 2005 12:28 AM

Sounds good to me! No diffrent to what we currently have. :D

Except, people would speed and get away with it and the death roll on the roads would not change. Bloody hell! Why do we need Police?

mart360 12 March 2005 12:52 AM

Vipa,

read my last two posts...

I think what winds some people up is this wer,e the elite squad, and dont you forget it..

take the firebrigade,, sense of humor bypass.. call it a fire engine, and you get a lecture on its an Appliance really !!! i thought appliances were fridges and washing machines

the bib,, some are fair, some again are (a**********s) why do they persist in asking stupid questions to situations that may not be apparant to the person in question. take for instance being pulled on the motorway.. out comes the classic.. do you know why i,ve stopped you .. unless i was speeding or driving like a moron no i fecin well dont!!

or the traffic copper who will lecture you for 15 minutes on the legality of riding two up with L plates despite being told up front it was a moped, and a full driving licence produced..

or the main witness to an incident, having his details taken and told we will be in touch tommorow to take a statement, i,m still waiting 2 years later!!!

unfortunatly its the old addadge get good service and people will tell one or two people,, get bad service and they will tell everyone..

and heres one for you....

when i was a nipper and wanted to join up, it was the police force..

now its the police service... erm who exactly do they serve???

roll on elected chief constables should make it interesting!!

Mart

SPEN555 12 March 2005 01:02 AM

Mart,

Unfortunately u r on the ball.

Your last bit worries me as I can just see going from crime prevention (yeah right) to crime offensive. Might as well seen as now Blair has managed to get not only his head up Bushes a$$ but also his shoulders which is quite frightening. I fecking hate politics and I am bringing this into it.

It's time for it! enough is enough! Police all out on strike I am sure the public would support you to fight real crime.

Leslie 12 March 2005 01:29 PM

I think that they should make the Plastic Coppers do all the paperwork and then we could have the real coppers outside the office where they always used to be and doing a proper job!

Les