ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Its not big and you're not impressing anyone - St Austell (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/864260-its-not-big-and-youre-not-impressing-anyone-st-austell.html)

terzo314 30 December 2010 10:10 PM

that picture is horrific :(

Rob Day 30 December 2010 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by terzo314 (Post 9790319)
that picture is horrific :(

Not to worry mate, it was acted out to show students the seriousness of careless driving. :thumb:

terzo314 30 December 2010 11:33 PM

makes you think dont it. i guess we,ve all done stupid things that we regret, but that would be to much for me to handle. not worth it.

L.J.F 31 December 2010 11:43 AM

that is picture does make you think!

scoobiesteve103 31 December 2010 12:54 PM

towns are 4 show all other roads are 4 go. ive lost mates in some bad crashes but i dont drive like my gran i drive 2 my own limits.i like people 2 see my car as im happy with the way it looks so town drivin is limited 2 slower then the speed limit and a big grin as kids shout"dad can u get 1 like that" as 4 "speed noise"some cars are like it and even more wen in a built up area. my brother has a crx vtec with a dustbin 4 an exshust and i can hear him start his car from my place and its 1.2 miles away and wen it hits vtec well think 747!!!!

pimmo2000 31 December 2010 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9790860)
that is picture does make you think!

your post makes me think .. WTF ...

http://www.escapefromcubiclenation.c...da-270x300.jpg

nessscoob 31 December 2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by pimmo2000 (Post 9791210)
your post makes me think .. WTF ...

http://www.escapefromcubiclenation.c...da-270x300.jpg

:lol:

biggi 31 December 2010 06:47 PM

Well guyz n gals, I have to add this, I have been in ownership of a subaru since the age of 18, I am now 27, I have come to an understanding that Subarus are defo a chavviieeee!! car now, over the years with price dropping anyone can buy a subaru impreza, I have now decided its time to go on the darkside, I will be selling up mid next year.

Good luck people but subarus have now got a really bad name out there,

WildPikey 31 December 2010 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by biggi (Post 9791652)
Well guyz n gals, I have to add this, I have been in ownership of a subaru since the age of 18, I am now 27, I have come to an understanding that Subarus are defo a chavviieeee!! car now, over the years with price dropping anyone can buy a subaru impreza, I have now decided its time to go on the darkside, I will be selling up mid next year.

:hjtwofing

nick172sport 31 December 2010 06:54 PM

absolutley im getting rid off mine also had a random chav come up to me yesterday telling me he had been banned for speeding 03 blob wrx:(

biggi 31 December 2010 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by WildPikey (Post 9791660)
:hjtwofing

its true Pikey!!!!!:lol::cool:

nessscoob 31 December 2010 06:58 PM

Fair play to ya mate. I've had scoobs on and off since i was 21, I'm now the same age as you. Personally I couldn't give a siht whether or not they have a bad name or seen as a chavvie motor. As long as I still enjoy driving my scoob I ain't giving that up for anything, let alone the shallow fact of how other people view them as chavvie or not.

WildPikey 31 December 2010 06:59 PM

Well fair play but I would not sell my car just because I'm worried what people might think of me, I get called chavvie alot because my car has the wrc graphics but did that mean the rally drivers were chav's? I like my Scooby and couldn't give 2 ****s what other people think as I'm happy with it, I didn't buy it to impress others I bought it because I like it:thumb:

biggi 31 December 2010 07:04 PM

I agree,I luv subarus, my dream car was a impreza, but when u get young chavv approching you and asking silly question, and small cars trying to race you because you drive a subaru its just makes me question the image the brand has!!!

nessscoob 31 December 2010 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by WildPikey (Post 9791679)
Well fair play but I would not sell my car just because I'm worried what people might think of me, I get called chavvie alot because my car has the wrc graphics but did that mean the rally drivers were chav's? I like my Scooby and couldn't give 2 ****s what other people think as I'm happy with it, I didn't buy it to impress others I bought it because I like it:thumb:

Exactly!:thumb:

WildPikey 31 December 2010 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by biggi (Post 9791693)
I agree,I luv subarus, my dream car was a impreza, but when u get young chavv approching you and asking silly question, and small cars trying to race you because you drive a subaru its just makes me question the image the brand has!!!

Your still gonna get that no matter what performance car you own:thumb:

nick172sport 31 December 2010 07:11 PM

had one the other week on the m60 heading towards stockport sunday morning doing 70mph a silver bug flew down the slip road straight into lane three ton ing it neverless i caught him up at some traffic lights he put his window down girlfriend had her face in her hands he asked me what ive had out off my car i said i do not rag mine he said he had 160 out off his standard wrx ill rest my case:eek:

WildPikey 31 December 2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9791710)
had one the other week on the m60 heading towards stockport sunday morning doing 70mph a silver bug flew down the slip road straight into lane three ton ing it neverless i caught him up at some traffic lights he put his window down girlfriend had her face in her hands he asked me what ive had out off my car i said i do not rag mine he said he had 160 out off his standard wrx ill rest my case:eek:

:brickwall There is no case, Does that automatically mean that all Scooby owners are like that then? I have seen lots of Idiots, Chavs, All sorts of people driving all sorts of cars saying and doing all sorts of silly things, Better give up driving and get a Bus, Oh no, There might be a chav on a bus though:eek: Better throw all my trainers away and any hooded tops I own too:lol1: It's just plain stupid thinking you can't or shouldn't own a car because of what people might think of you, Lets face it, You didn't buy it to be inconspicuous did you?:thumb:

nessscoob 31 December 2010 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by WildPikey (Post 9791729)
:brickwall There is no case, Does that automatically mean that all Scooby owners are like that then? I have seen lots of Idiots, Chavs, All sorts of people driving all sorts of cars saying and doing all sorts of silly things, Better give up driving and get a Bus, Oh no, There might be a chav on a bus though:eek: Better throw all my trainers away and any hooded tops I own too:lol1: It's just plain stupid thinking you can't or shouldn't own a car because of what people might think of you, Lets face it, You didn't buy it to be inconspicuous did you?:thumb:

Correct

pimmo2000 31 December 2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9791665)
absolutley im getting rid off mine also had a random chav come up to me yesterday telling me he had been banned for speeding 03 blob wrx:(

It's a shame you're not man enough to make your own decisions .. :thumb:

I like my car, screw what anyone else thinks ..

EH52WRX 31 December 2010 08:38 PM

Do you not think this thread is getting out of hand. Who really give a fcuk about people driving fast. Bash on. You might die, you might not. Hay fcuking ho. OMG :hjtwofing

WildPikey 31 December 2010 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by EH52WRX (Post 9791838)
Do you not think this thread is getting out of hand. Who really give a fcuk about people driving fast. Bash on. You might die, you might not. Hay fcuking ho. OMG :hjtwofing

Eye Eye Fishy Pie :hjtwofing

EH52WRX 31 December 2010 09:01 PM

Smell you later :hjtwofing

jameswrx 01 January 2011 09:44 AM

So what car is on 'the dark side' that's going to be better for erasing that scenario?

Hope you don't mean an evo? Because people usually refer to that as dark side. If it is, prepare yourself for the chavs to become a whole lot friendlier!

You'd have to get yourself a Hyundai or something if youre doing it to disappear. I've had many performance cars and they all attract attention. Who gives a **** about other people? I have my impreza because I want it, fook everyone else.

Anyway, where do people find these groups of chavs? Granted they're about but only time I see a notable amount in their boom boxes is at night in certain parts of town where they hang out. So my brush with them is catching sight of them if I'm going to a certain cash point or buying a takeaway. I hardly ever get hassle driving to work or to the shops or if I'm driving my son to the park etc.

Or are some of you doing exactly what they are doing, ie cruising around at night and then looking down your nose at them because you're in a Subaru?

princey2k5 01 January 2011 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by WildPikey (Post 9791729)

Amen to that too sir.

Moley 01 January 2011 06:09 PM

Dark side? I assume you mean an Evo.
Get yourself on the MLR.... i think you're in for a shock!!!

Evo 4's can be had for £4k, Evo 5's for £4k, and Evo 6's for £5k.

If you think the Evo image is better than the Subaru i have some bad news for you ;)

Moley 01 January 2011 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by nick schofield (Post 9791710)

I had a guy with a Merc CLK Black Series ask me about my car the other week.
Apparently he's had 185mph out of his on the M20 racing his mate on a R1.

So is the CLK Black a chav's car, based on your theory?

(Bare in mind this guy lives in a £3m house in St Georges Hill, and is an investment banker)

WildPikey 01 January 2011 07:17 PM

Took kids to Mc'Donalds earlier and on the way out a P1 came flying up my arse and tried to park in my boot a few times:mad: Looked like a couple of young lads, Stared me down as they drove past and didn't even wave, Just basically tried getting me to race:sleep: I'm still not selling mine though, I'm not letting other people ruin my fun:hjtwofing

mickywrx 01 January 2011 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 9793050)
(Bare in mind this guy lives in a £3m house in St Georges Hill, and is an investment banker)

Rhyming slang, Gary? ;)

tk 260 02 January 2011 11:32 AM

in my view there isnt a car that i can think of for the money that beats the exhaust note of a scooby.
the handling is next to none and 0-70 is the quickest ive every been in! anything over 70 is expensive on fuel!!lol