ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   F1 on Sky, will you pay? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/898980-f1-on-sky-will-you-pay.html)

Hysteria1983 29 July 2011 09:24 PM

Not a chance I will be paying!

bioforger 29 July 2011 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot (Post 10159896)
Same sort of thing happened to WRC coverage this year, Dave had a bit of coverage, not a lot, but a bit. Now there is more coverage but it's only on ESPN which is a subscription channel :(

Haven't really seen any TV coverage of the WRC this year. :(

eh? its being shown on motors TV, sky 413 lol

SirFozzalot 29 July 2011 09:30 PM

Coverage isn't great though and timings don't always seem to be correct as I've found when setting sky+ and it misses half the programme.

I was looking forward to the live power stages on the last day that ESPN show.

bioforger 29 July 2011 09:37 PM

meh wrc is boring as all hell these days anyway

SirFozzalot 29 July 2011 09:57 PM

Not missing anything then :lol1:

P1Fanatic 29 July 2011 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 10159677)
It will be interesting to see how many of the No's become yes's after a few weeks of abstinence.

Spot on FM. Never mind if they dont Ill tell them what they missed :)

Paulo P 30 July 2011 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10160120)
LOL at all the haters who claim they won't subscribe to Sky on principle - talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face! :brickwall

Or is it really because you can't afford to subscribe? I thought everyone on here was rich, but it seems like lots of folk can't afford a measly 50 or 60 quid a month to watch the best sports coverage in the world. :lol1:

I can afford it, just can't justify it to myself and hate Sky :nono: as much as I enjoy F1 it doesn't mean that much to me, I'd go and get a life instead!

Stevesbluewrx 30 July 2011 01:02 AM

This helps clear things up......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/sportedit...red_betwe.html

Steve

StickyMicky 30 July 2011 07:22 AM

Self bragging internet boycots.
About as much use as a fuel protest.

I will not be paying, because i dont pay sky in the first place, utter ****e!

EddScott 30 July 2011 09:05 AM

Thinking about it, I could probably go without Valancia and probably both the middle eastern circuits. Singapore is only interesting because it's run in the evening and the teams have to cheat to make it an interesting race.

Canada, Spa, Silverstone, all the far east races (assuming it's raining) and the yank one to see how many people don't turn up. I'll probably watch them.

Think the teams really need to be sure they won't lose out - they may get some money from Sky but the viewing figures will drop and if I were a sponsor I'd not be happy with my brand only being seen by half the amount of viewers I expected for the money I'd spent.

I already pay Sly £43 a month (HD, multiroom and a couple of the packages). Plus my BBC license fee of £12. I think thats more than enough for TV viewing.

Dave Y 30 July 2011 09:42 AM

The beginning of the end for F1.

Leslie 30 July 2011 10:20 AM

The BBC is running out of money to pay their exhorbitant salaries as well as for their stars. They had to start making cuts somewhere and this is one of them.

They will continue to show old programmes or cheap ones which are of little interest and I imagine they will eventually drop live F1 completely, just showing highlights.

Whatever anyone thinks of Murdoch and the like, Sky still gives the best overall coverage, especially of world wide sport and all in HD too.

I think that if you want to see sport in general with the best coverage, then Sky is the best way and is not that expensive when you compare it to paying to attend sport fixtures.

Les

Funkii Munkii 30 July 2011 12:46 PM

One point worth mentioning is large amounts of the money Sky paid each association for the football/Cricket/RL/RU goes back into the sport as prize money for the leagues and cups, monies to each club when their games are broadcast live and into grass roots of those sports mentioned, with F1 it goes nowhere other than F1M....

f1_fan 30 July 2011 12:49 PM

Yep, I'll pay :thumb:

astraboy 30 July 2011 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10161006)

BAN HIM!
astraboy.

forister 30 July 2011 12:54 PM

i will miss it

f1_fan 30 July 2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by astraboy (Post 10161011)
BAN HIM!
astraboy.

LOL, not again ;) :D

Gear Head 30 July 2011 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10161006)

Happily? Or because being a die hard F1 fan like myself, you feel like you have no choice?

f1_fan 30 July 2011 12:57 PM

See my post here;

https://www.scoobynet.com/showpost.p...&postcount=149

Gear Head 30 July 2011 01:01 PM

So you will pay because you think Sky will provide better coverage?

f1_fan 30 July 2011 01:09 PM

See other thread

Daryl 30 July 2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 10160168)
It's a matter of principal really, some of us have them ;)

And everybody else has principles! ;)

Gear Head 30 July 2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 10161752)
All those saying No will eventually pay if they can. You'll find a way to justify it. Why should F1 which is possibly the most commercially influenced sport not be on a pay to view platform?

Remind me what the TV license fee is for? :thumb:

ad uk 30 July 2011 11:22 PM

a few people on here are saying people on here just cant afford 50 or 60 pound a month for sky i dont have sky and i can afford it no problem but the only difference is ive got a life and go somewere nearly every nite and dont watch telly that often waste of time. yea the f1 is good but not 60 pound a month good that could pay some ones car insurance imo

StrikE 30 July 2011 11:43 PM

My arse i will pay, i already give Sky a fortune for multi room, don't have sky sports as it bores me as only sport i watch was F1.

BBC1 were doing a sterling job too :(

corradoboy 30 July 2011 11:57 PM

The highlights shows are fine for me, so nothing lost and no need to pay.

mylilscooby 30 July 2011 11:58 PM

i think id rather cut my cock off and choke on it to be fair

Gear Head 31 July 2011 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by ad uk (Post 10161811)
a few people on here are saying people on here just cant afford 50 or 60 pound a month for sky i dont have sky and i can afford it no problem but the only difference is ive got a life and go somewere nearly every nite and dont watch telly that often waste of time. yea the f1 is good but not 60 pound a month good that could pay some ones car insurance imo

So what are you saying? Those who follow a sport and want to watch it live, have no life?
Out every night? Good for you? How old are you? 19?

Chip 31 July 2011 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by ad uk (Post 10161811)

Where do you get £60/month from??

And F1 is generally shown on a Sunday afternoon in case you had not noticed.

Maybe you should save the £60 and spend it on some English literature lessons.

Chip

lozgti1 31 July 2011 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 10161795)
or on benefits.

:eek:

They are the ones with the biggest Plasmas and pay £100 a month for sky and keep QVC going!:D

I'm a sportaholic.Don't really watch anything now Sky has it.Cricket (my main gripe) football,etc.None of it

Not being tight...all these sportspeople are overpaid.It's only flipping sport!