ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   The £72,000 2 door STI, limited to 10. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/969841-the-72-000-2-door-sti-limited-to-10-a.html)

rickya 26 March 2013 07:08 PM

ps bit of a side note, but it is a bit of a common misconception that all Tein suspension is rock hard & unsuitable for anything but smooth tarmac. :D

smc ste 26 March 2013 07:15 PM

Never underestimate the stupidity of a potential customer..

B4D HK 26 March 2013 07:17 PM

I wonder what people would have said if you had built this based on a 2012-13 (brand new) JDM sedan.

Awesome looking car imho, 72k ! I'll stick with my humble Spec C :)

GLWTS's :)

rickya 26 March 2013 07:18 PM

I can see this thread degenerating into rubbish :(
wtf has a disability like Down Syndrome got to do with any of this..

REVOLUTION 26 March 2013 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 11037633)
I can see this thread degenerating into rubbish :(
wtf has a disability like Down Syndrome got to do with any of this..

+1

Kwik 26 March 2013 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 10945799)
As a side note,

Love it or hate it GS2 is certainly doing what it was designed to do.
It has a 4 page thread of Subaru owners discussing it and its marketing effect.

From the Gobstopper 2 thread....
https://www.scoobynet.com/961800-gob...l#post10945799

SRSport 26 March 2013 07:26 PM

I personally really like the look of it. 3 things I would change if it was me though, 1 - the deletion of the Subaru badge as this is what a lot of people do as a cheap way of modifying and somehow detracts from the overall, finished appearance. 2 - the zunesport badges on the grill as they are a cheap after market accessory and devalues the appearance, 3 - the binnacle, doesnt look quite right.

These minor points aside I think it clearly looks far better than any other Impreza Ive seen, even perhaps the S204 which has been my favourite for a long time. Combine that with the significant power output and you are approaching a car that is of course going to cost serious money. To some it will be easy to scoff at because this isnt in their league but for the rare few who still have a passion for old school Imprezas (before they went off the rails with the hatch) and can afford it I can see this having a strong appeal.

Very well done to Revolution for taking a car that has been a passion to so many people in the past and making a rare, unique and special version of it.

a5h 26 March 2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 11036292)
I think its just a good marketing exercise & one that may earn them the mainstream recognition & business that e.g Litchfields now enjoys.

Good point

bustaMOVEs 26 March 2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 11037617)
ps bit of a side note, but it is a bit of a common misconception that all Tein suspension is rock hard & unsuitable for anything but smooth tarmac. :D

Yes but the 'type' flex is used instead of the more superior 'mono' flex.

Although the car looks nice but dosent justify the £72k price tag which has caused all this uproar.

REVOLUTION 26 March 2013 07:58 PM

Love it or loath it, the Project STi is getting people talking and we all love getting stuck into a good topic..

Kwik & A5h....think you guys have hit the nail right on the head...

Magazines, TV programmes have seen all the modded cars with big power before and they need something different wilder maybe...

Look at the coverage that Forge motorsport got by building that crazy MK1 golf - 50k if you want another one built...amazing car but has to be a high price to cover its build time and makes business sense.

As I said earlier, we never set out to build a 71k Impreza, but if you want a number 2 building this is what it will cost you....

Wonder how much the GB2 would cost if they were to build you a replica....?
250k maybe..

SRSport - thanks very much for the kind words, hopefully our passion for the Subaru brand has shone through...

Personally I would love to buy an S206 Nurburgring Edition...saw it last year in the press and loved it - can I get one....err nope..!
All sold and IM wont bring them in....wont bring in STi's anymore either - sad times indeed...

Were just trying to wave the flag for a car we all love here at Revolution HQ and think its my 11th Subaru so my hearts in the right place..
:-))

bioforger 26 March 2013 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 11036880)
7:53 Bridge to Gantry with traffic on normal day - MY10 Type20 Testing ;)

http://youtu.be/qEpST3TnufY

5:39-5:45 clench buttocks :eek:

mickywrx 26 March 2013 08:48 PM

I would have painted it a different colour to Battleship Grey. ;) :D

Moley 26 March 2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by REVOLUTION (Post 11037693)

Wonder how much the GB2 would cost if they were to build you a replica....?
250k maybe..

Apparently it's a lot more than that

salsa-king 26 March 2013 11:39 PM

it was at NBO last year wasn't it?

Dave-W- 26 March 2013 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 11037981)
it was at NBO last year wasn't it?

yes m8 :thumb:

romford-boy 27 March 2013 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11037689)

Although the car looks nice but dosent justify the £72k price tag which has caused all this uproar.

It might not be worth £72k but remember they have to cover costs as a business and won't achieve economies of scale that mass production would achieve.

Also they have to add VAT to the sales price, not something we would normally consider if we bought a used vehicle.

Rob Day 27 March 2013 12:47 AM

Jamo 27 March 2013 09:45 AM

Silly people, it's not April 1st for another whole week yet. Duh! ;)

REVOLUTION 27 March 2013 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11037689)
Yes but the 'type' flex is used instead of the more superior 'mono' flex.

Flex used for a good reason....MonoFlex is a lot stiffer and relies on a lot shorter stroke to perform...anything other than a smooth/road they will be too stiff for road use.

Flex is still adjustable and comes with fully adjustable top mounts

Hope this clarifies...

rickya 27 March 2013 02:26 PM

Tein Winding Master Monoflex is the most comfortable & smoothest on UK roads than any in the Tein range & does not appear to have a shorter stroke. I run these myself & are much more comfortable than others I have experienced e.g. BC BR, AST & Cusco & Tein Super Racing.

The Winding Master Monoflex can commonly be confused for the Super Street & Super Racing which are quite stiff & unforgiving on normal roads & may run shorter stroke.

http://www.tein.co.uk/product/index.html

REVOLUTION 27 March 2013 04:23 PM

fair comment rickya,

but all we can say is we went on past experience and the advice of Tein's technical dept when they came up for their annual training visit and to see the car.

maybe Tein were wrong but the car handles great and rides well on roads too...take into consideration were running a half cage then softer set up was better in the long run..
Just called their tech dept. and defo a shorter stroke in its design..

rickya 27 March 2013 05:17 PM

Well that's just my opinion but who am I to argue with Tein! Lol
As you say with a stiffer, caged car than standard, this may be the better choice?

Kwik 27 March 2013 05:25 PM

When is the record attempt? Is it being filmed?

bluenosewrx 27 March 2013 05:56 PM

Well done I say, hats off to you guys.

Many guys on here have spent thousands modifying their cars to some people's dislike and others delight.

You cannot please everyone all of the time, I really hope you smash the record and create a positive story for our love of Subaru.

Keep up the good work Glenn.

Mooburu 27 March 2013 06:36 PM

When the advert points out -

'equivalent to buying a brand new Porsche 911 Carrera, Nissan GT-R, or BMW M5'

it kind of makes it more :wonder: :cuckoo:

mickywrx 27 March 2013 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mooburu (Post 11038749)
When the advert points out -

'equivalent to buying a brand new Porsche 911 Carrera, Nissan GT-R, or BMW M5'

it kind of makes it more :wonder: :cuckoo:

What advert? It's a magazine review. :p

Worlasshasansti 27 March 2013 09:40 PM

Each to their own innit!

I think what has got most people thinking is the fact that you could buy a blobeye fit a hawk front end and create a similar spec car for considerably less money, that of course is only my opinion as I've not got 40k to spend modding a car to back up any of the rubbish I come out with.

Bet you could though lol

Also it's not really breaking any records is it? It's not a standard factory car it's a modified impreza, is anyone going to argue that this is the fastest modified impreza that's ever been round the ring?

Don't get me wrong I've seen it loads of times, I love the car it looks fantastic and I bet it goes and handles well to boot, its just a lot of money for an impreza.

Mick

lordharding 27 March 2013 09:44 PM

72k is not a lot too some money
If its what you want and are a petrol head

Look at the juke -R for 400k
Arabs can't get enough of them

40k for a 22B on 1998/99
50k for a CS 400

A mere pennies to some people who want what they like :D

Mooburu 27 March 2013 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 11038931)
What advert? It's a magazine review. :p

Same Difference :p

CREWJ 27 March 2013 09:57 PM

I can't see why it's that much....

The again, doesn't mean I still don't want it :D