ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Was it you? (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/)
-   -   Wave in Dudley........finally !! (https://www.scoobynet.com/was-it-you-9/544094-wave-in-dudley-finally.html)

Mangel 27 October 2006 05:38 PM

Full decat except up pipe, thats next.
RCM filter
Larger TMIC
Remap from powerstation.

next is 2.5 turbo
equal length headers
and decat up pipe+ second remap

Rich at powerstation says I should be on for around 320ish at that point.

Think I may stop then, both the dog and mi daughter threw up simultaneously while driving around wales the other day.

scoobyboy1 27 October 2006 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mangel
Full decat except up pipe, thats next.
RCM filter
Larger TMIC
Remap from powerstation.

next is 2.5 turbo
equal length headers

Think I may stop then, both the dog and mi daughter threw up simultaneously while driving around wales the other day.

Had my remap done by Rich at Powerstation!:thumb:

320bhp should be enough. well for a couple of weeks anyway then you will want more!:D

Mangel 27 October 2006 05:48 PM

Suspension after that then I'll be done!!

scoobyboy1 27 October 2006 05:49 PM

Suspension after that then I'll be done!!

AST's from Powerstation along with there geometry set-up, and Alloy rear drop links!:norty:

Mangel 27 October 2006 06:03 PM

Ya never know..............type 25 wagon!!

maydew 28 October 2006 02:31 AM

[QUOTE=Mangel]Full decat except up pipe, thats next.
RCM filter
Larger TMIC
Remap from powerstation.

next is 2.5 turbo
equal length headers

:confused:
hi mate correct me if i am wrong but by putting on equal length headers do u lose that subaru exhaust note i read somewhere thats what gives it that sound with them bein different lengths i might be talkin out the hole of arse but pretty sure read somethin about it

maydew 28 October 2006 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by kezzy Babe
Yeah classic insurance and the mustangs up for £10,000, finding it hard to find something to match the scooby though, still want the speed but dont want to pay so much insurance.
But id defently try a plan insurance, i searched every where and they were the cheapest.

so u made ya choice i say keep the scooby else you will regret it whats everyone else say:brickwall

maydew 28 October 2006 03:01 AM

Yeah classic insurance and the mustangs up for £10,000, finding it hard to find something to match the scooby though, still want the speed but dont want to pay so much insurance.
But id defently try a plan insurance, i searched every where and they were the cheapest.

you live on moseley road theres one just like yours there 2door p1 if not u seen it,looks mint

kezzy Babe 28 October 2006 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by maydew
you live on moseley road theres one just like yours there 2door p1 if not u seen it,looks mint

No mines a type r and thats a p1, but the guy who owns it was thinking about selling it, he use to have a type r ( black),

kezzy Babe 28 October 2006 08:47 AM

so u made ya choice i say keep the scooby else you will regret it whats everyone else say:brickwall

Yeah iam thinking about keeping it , going to move it over by my moms as i think that might help bring down the insurance a bit.( k ford way)

maydew 28 October 2006 12:27 PM

No mines a type r and thats a p1, but the guy who owns it was thinking about selling it, he use to have a type r ( black),

nice to hear your keepin it,i have never took that much notice of it i just new it was a 2door,what the difference between them is the p1 a 2 litre and yours a v6:thumb:

Mangel 28 October 2006 03:06 PM

A V6 impreza.............interesting concept!!!!!

as for losing the burble, yes your right, no great loss when you can gain up to 30 hosses!!!

scoobyboy1 28 October 2006 07:26 PM

A V6 impreza.............interesting concept!!!!!

as for losing the burble, yes your right, no great loss when you can gain up to 30 hosses!!!

V6 meaning Version 6 Impreza!;)

Equal length headers did lose that Subaru burble, but I never gained any more Bhp, but I gained 15lb/ft, but they do sound quite nice, more like a superbike when on full chat!:D

Mangel 28 October 2006 07:48 PM

V6 - Version 6 oops, sorry my bad!!

More orque is good, BHP means nothing torque is wha gives hat spine tingling surge and lets you overtake a will!!

maydew 28 October 2006 08:09 PM

superbike sounds good but that subaru burble takes some beating u got to admit

scoobyboy1 28 October 2006 09:03 PM

V6 - Version 6 oops, sorry my bad!!

More orque is good, BHP means nothing torque is wha gives hat spine tingling surge and lets you overtake a will!!

The car felt quicker as soon as I put the headers on and you could feel it pull stronger through the gears, but the scooby burble always gave me that big smile.

Ported and polished headers have seen just as good gains, and keep the scooby burble as well.:thumb:

maydew 29 October 2006 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
The car felt quicker as soon as I put the headers on and you could feel it pull stronger through the gears, but the scooby burble always gave me that big smile.

Ported and polished headers have seen just as good gains, and keep the scooby burble as well.:thumb:

very true thats the one thing that makes a scooby unique is that burble you can be 1/2 mile down the road and u know a scoobys comin up from behind ,how many cars do that even evos dont do that sure everyone agrees had six scoobys flash me round willenhall and on the way to cannock classic and newage i used to get it in my mini so its nice to still get that will put picture on of new wheels in week when get them let me know what u think:thumb:

maydew 29 October 2006 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1

so your advise is if u wanna go down that road get the ported and polished ones not much in them with the bonus of keepin the burble will keep that in mind

scoobyboy1 29 October 2006 08:04 AM

so your advise is if u wanna go down that road get the ported and polished ones not much in them with the bonus of keepin the burble will keep that in mind

Yep! Harvey Smith does them on here! Everyone who has had a set of ported polished headers from him, have been well happy with them, I think with his ported and polished headers and uppipe I think that some good gains in bhp and torque.

Do a search on here for the ported polished headers, and see what people think off them.;)

Mangel 29 October 2006 09:00 AM

Already have the equal lengths so prob still gon that route at the mo'.

Burble is.....OK but not essential for me. Its a bit like ducati's I prefer the way the go too the way they sound!!!

brian32 02 November 2006 06:38 PM

Is it the one thats always parked by the shops in Wrens Nest?

hiya ive not been on here for a while, the scooby by the shops mite be me if its a dark blue stickerd up classic,and i wave or flash to loads but most dont bother look rite past.:luxhello:

trainer 02 November 2006 09:09 PM

Silver STI possible Spec C Wolverhampton ring road around 7 pm tonight

kezzy Babe 03 November 2006 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by brian32
hiya ive not been on here for a while, the scooby by the shops mite be me if its a dark blue stickerd up classic,and i wave or flash to loads but most dont bother look rite past.:luxhello:

Ill give you a wave if your there tonight , ill be passing about 6.30.

kezzy Babe 03 November 2006 02:55 PM

Been speeking to your dad today, hes been telling me all about your insurance problems and your new rims you ve just got, small world aint it:lol1: get some pics on so we can see your new rims!!!!

SivMY05Sti 03 November 2006 07:01 PM

Newage Wagon in WR Blue - Bham New Road Dudley - pulled up behind you at Traffic Lights - Sounded great........:thumb:

If the whole of Dudley was'nt Gridlocked at the moment we could have had a play....:norty:

maydew 04 November 2006 03:40 AM

Been speeking to your dad today, hes been telling me all about your insurance problems and your new rims you ve just got, small world aint it:lol1: get some pics on so we can see your new rims!!!!

very small world should be putting rims on in next week or two changing rear pads let them bed in first also wanna give it a good clean under the arches had rear shocks changed this week cos they was knocking bad heard its a common problems on these later ones came under warranty so all is cool u worked for them long gotta say the tea and coffee is bad in them machines:lol1: is the works van as bad as the coffee:lol: very small world

kezzy Babe 04 November 2006 09:33 AM

The van is slow ,but make the scooby seem even quick when ive been driving it all week, so i ve always got something to look forwards to on the weekend, going for a blast down bridgenorth after:luxhello:
tea and coffee aint that bad, chocolates nice :thumb:

maydew 09 November 2006 11:57 PM

The van is slow ,but make the scooby seem even quick when ive been driving it all week, so i ve always got something to look forwards to on the weekend, going for a blast down bridgenorth after:luxhello:

do a search on here for 5th gear and mondays show is on :thumb:

kezzy Babe 10 November 2006 01:41 PM

Ive cleaned the drinks machine for you today , and ive put some soup in for ya, Its special scooby soup lol!!!!!!!!!

burns 10 November 2006 06:51 PM

If your'e coming to bridgnorth give us a wave if you see a blue type r limited about.I work around wolvo and never see any other scoobs about would you believe.