ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The World Cup thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/835164-the-world-cup-thread.html)

The Dogs B******s 18 June 2010 09:59 PM

Three words from me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Shower Of Shit:mad:

wiley 19 June 2010 12:04 AM

we will draw against slovenia too if we play like tonight, wtf is rooney doing??

wiley

alcazar 19 June 2010 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by wiley (Post 9454914)
we will draw against slovenia too if we play like tonight, wtf is rooney doing??

wiley

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr, what he NORMALLY does for England? Runs around like a headless chicken, then gets petulant.

FlightMan 19 June 2010 01:01 PM

Rooney. 25 goals in 60 appearances. 1 goal every 175 mins.
Crouch. 21 goals in 39, most as a sub. 1 goal every 98 mins.

Why is Crouch not starting?

Will 19 June 2010 01:38 PM

Darren bent, 40 games 25 goals

Emile Heskey, 42 games, 5 goals

Yet Bent isn't there :wonder:

FlightMan 19 June 2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by mr_impreza (Post 9455445)
Darren bent, 40 games 25 goals

Emile Heskey, 42 games, 5 goals

Yet Bent isn't there :wonder:

My stats are for England. :thumb:

Aaron1978 20 June 2010 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by FlightMan (Post 9455405)
Rooney. 25 goals in 60 appearances. 1 goal every 175 mins.
Crouch. 21 goals in 39, most as a sub. 1 goal every 98 mins.

Why is Crouch not starting?

Could it be because he comes on and scores when the game is over and the hard work is done against the so called lesser teams? could it be that Rooney is a better player? could it be the team scores more when Rooney is playing? could it be Rooney has scored more goals than Crouch both at club and International level? and could it be Crouch has only scored 4 goals away from home at International level.:thumb:

the question should be why is Crouch not starting instead of Heskey? and why didn't Bent get a proper chance when Heskey and Crouch aren't even first choice at club level.

4-5-1 stroke 4-3-3 is the way England should play IMO.

Aaron:thumb:

Myles 20 June 2010 03:27 PM

NZ 1 Italy 0. The Italians are determined to get the great Argyle striker Rory Fallon sent off! Do they see a threat that no-one in the Championship did last season?
In all seriousness though, Cannavaro and Chiellini are like a couple of little girls, do they expect Fallon to jump with his hands in his pockets? Cheating Eye-ties.

Myles 20 June 2010 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9456952)
Could it be because he comes on and scores when the game is over and the hard work is done against the so called lesser teams? could it be that Rooney is a better player? could it be the team scores more when Rooney is playing? could it be Rooney has scored more goals than Crouch both at club and International level? and could it be Crouch has only scored 4 goals away from home at International level.:thumb:

the question should be why is Crouch not starting instead of Heskey? and why didn't Bent get a proper chance when Heskey and Crouch aren't even first choice at club level.

4-5-1 stroke 4-3-3 is the way England should play IMO.

Aaron:thumb:

4-3-3. Take the pressure off Rooney.

Aaron1978 20 June 2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 9456971)
4-3-3. Take the pressure off Rooney.

Agree mate.

If Capello agree's like most of the country that Rooney is our best chance of success then he should be doing his best to help him, we should play the formation that Chelsea/Liverpool and United play. 4-5-1 without the ball and 4-3-3 with. Thats keeps all our best players in their best positions, Joe Cole and Lennon out wide with Barry Gerrard and lamps in the middle with Gerrad and Lamps getting forward as much as possible.

I'd have Heskey as waterboy and Crouch as chief lightbulb changer:D

Myles 20 June 2010 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by azz250478 (Post 9457271)
Agree mate.

If Capello agree's like most of the country that Rooney is our best chance of success then he should be doing his best to help him, we should play the formation that Chelsea/Liverpool and United play. 4-5-1 without the ball and 4-3-3 with. Thats keeps all our best players in their best positions, Joe Cole and Lennon out wide with Barry Gerrard and lamps in the middle with Gerrad and Lamps getting forward as much as possible.

I'd have Heskey as waterboy and Crouch as chief lightbulb changer:D

Dont want a love-in here but I agree with all you say. Rooney's problem isnt form, its mental (in my opinion). If he thinks the responsibility is off his shoulders in part, he may lighten up and slot a couple away.
Lennon needs to sit down and have a serious word with himself though, he is in danger of blowing his chance of ever playing for his country again, looking like a big time bottler. Stop cutting inside and do what you do best Aaron, turning defenders inside out and whipping testers in.

Mifo 20 June 2010 09:01 PM

Its good to see we arent the only "big" team making a complete cock up of it.

Enjoyed watching the world champions drawing with a team half made up of amateurs.:lol1:

France going on strike :lol1:

Myles 20 June 2010 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mifo (Post 9457537)
Its good to see we arent the only "big" team making a complete cock up of it.

Enjoyed watching the world champions drawing with a team half made up of amateurs.:lol1:

France going on strike :lol1:

We can still win this thing........if Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil and N Korea all get knocked out before we meet them!

Bravo2zero_sps 20 June 2010 09:44 PM

I think two teams not given a chance who are playing really well are Uraguay and Paraguay. I fancy both of them to upset big European names if they get through.

Italy drawing today was a God send, I love seeing them fcuk up :D

Unless we have a complete turn around and play out of our skins I don't give us much chance against Slovenia and to be honest we don't deserve to go through to the knock out stages.

Brazil were good tonight but think they still have a lot more to give. For me it's the South American teams that are playing miles better than the European teams. So far they are a different class.

Trout 20 June 2010 10:22 PM

What was happening with the ref in that Brazil game. There is a close up of him clearly indicating to Fabiano that it was a handball and yet he allowed the goal.

And then he sends Kaka off for standing on the pitch when someone runs into him and plays up whilst the ref is unsighted.

Totally bizarre - surely he must be dropped from future games.

Will 22 June 2010 04:18 PM

Have to say that SA v France is the best match of the WC so far. SA are playing superbly.

Bravo2zero_sps 22 June 2010 04:22 PM

It's great seeing the French suffer :D

The Dogs B******s 22 June 2010 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 9460352)
It's great seeing the French suffer :D

Here Here

chocolate_o_brian 23 June 2010 02:25 PM

Interesting line up... 3 changes from last Friday :thumb:

GK James
RB Johnson
CB Terry
CB Upson
LB A. Cole
RM Milner
DM Barry
LM Lampard
AM Gerrard
ST Rooney
ST Defoe

Bravo2zero_sps 23 June 2010 08:50 PM

I'm not fancying our chances agaist the krauts, Oezil looks extremely dangerous in their midfield.

DaveBeck 23 June 2010 08:52 PM

hands up if your cheering Ghana lol

Bravo2zero_sps 23 June 2010 08:56 PM

:lol1: *hands up in the air*

alcazar 23 June 2010 09:52 PM

England's chancers will be made to look distinctly ordinary by Germany.

Dutch Scooby lover 23 June 2010 10:36 PM

And the Germans haven't even played the best they can.
(Backs to the wall, needing 2 goals in 5 minutes stuff)

Moley 24 June 2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dutch Scooby lover (Post 9462899)
And the Germans haven't even played the best they can.

And England have? :wonder:

Dutch Scooby lover 24 June 2010 01:28 PM

They were with their backs against the wall yesterday, so I think they have yes.
If they did not do their best against Slovenia they do not even deserve to be in the next round.

DaveBeck 24 June 2010 01:37 PM

They had 4-5 clear cut chances and ripped Slovenia apart.

The last 10 minutes where bad for the simple reason of nerves. 1 goal against and they were out.

Dont know if you play sport to a level but it happens alot :thumb:

Myles 24 June 2010 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dutch Scooby lover (Post 9463523)
They were with their backs against the wall yesterday, so I think they have yes.
If they did not do their best against Slovenia they do not even deserve to be in the next round.

Backs against the wall? Were you watching another game? We will up our game exponentially for the Bosch, mark my words. That has-been Beckenbauer is saying all the right stuff, the idiot. Why doesnt he just go back to polishing his schitzlegruben?

DaveBeck 24 June 2010 04:59 PM

Italy gone!!!!

Bravo2zero_sps 24 June 2010 05:01 PM

What a game to see Italy finish bottom :lol1: Slovakia were superb :cool: Paraguay finish top, I still think they are a team to look out for to upset big European teams in the knock out stage along with Uraguay. It's a South American cup this time around, either Argentina or Brazil for me.