ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   New Xbox (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/975396-new-xbox.html)

stedee 12 June 2013 03:35 PM

it wont be 70 quid a game, it`ll be 45 -50. i have always had xbox`s and i was swaying towards ps4 this time but now not so sure again, ps4 have simply kept their gob shut and let ms talk themselves into the myre. i still think sony will be up to no good sometime later, have heard that their version of live wont be free either anymore.

some of the ps4 demos were struggling aswell. i think both of the consoles still have problems ,its just we know all about xbox`s.

stedee 12 June 2013 03:37 PM

gta will be on both

P1Fanatic 13 June 2013 07:02 PM

Not sure yet. I was all set for a return to PC as I mostly play Battlefield and that is far superior on PC especially after seeing the E3 multiplayer footage on both consoles. With these launch prices the prospect of stumping up around £1k for a decent rig is looking even most enticing.

I thought they would both be offering SSD for a performance boost especially as the last PS3 incarnation had one even if it was tiny and not used if you added a HDD. Even if it was an upgrade it would be well worth it imho.

mart360 13 June 2013 07:16 PM

Crossroads time for me ....

I left Sony when they borked the PS3 UK release, and hamstrung us with the removal of the emotion engine chip, and left us with emulation to play a reduced number of PS2 games.

From what i can see from the "one", it wont play 360 games, the bluray is unknown (3d) and it has to have the big brother unit perminantly connected and on!

So as of now there is absoloutly no commpelling reason to stay with MS.

I lose GOW, and Forza, or gain GOW & GT?

Mart

LSherratt 13 June 2013 07:32 PM

I am really undecided. I think the best thing to do is wait a few months after they're released in order to read various reviews, etc.

I prefer online multiplayer a hell of a lot more than solo campaign modes which is why I opted for the Xbox 360 due to the online MP compared to the poor MP experience on the PS4.

If Sony have greatly improved their online MP experience, then I could be swayed to them.

DYK 13 June 2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mart360 (Post 11120204)
Crossroads time for me ....

I left Sony when they borked the PS3 UK release, and hamstrung us with the removal of the emotion engine chip, and left us with emulation to play a reduced number of PS2 games.

From what i can see from the "one", it wont play 360 games, the bluray is unknown (3d) and it has to have the big brother unit perminantly connected and on!

So as of now there is absoloutly no commpelling reason to stay with MS.

I lose GOW, and Forza, or gain GOW & GT?

Mart

Yep its a real shame they have gone and done this,put me completely off going for the Xbox now,In a way MS are pushing me towards the PS4.

P1Fanatic 13 June 2013 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11120236)
I am really undecided. I think the best thing to do is wait a few months after they're released in order to read various reviews, etc.

I prefer online multiplayer a hell of a lot more than solo campaign modes which is why I opted for the Xbox 360 due to the online MP compared to the poor MP experience on the PS4.

If Sony have greatly improved their online MP experience, then I could be swayed to them.

I think you meant PS3 :)

What do you mean poor MP experience? I think PSN worked very well considering its free. Only one extended outage I recall in 4yrs of almost exclusive MP usage. IIRC XBL had a long one as well so is not as bullet proof as people make out.

LSherratt 13 June 2013 10:54 PM

Yeah sorry meant PS3.

Well I read a lot of reviews and the general impression I got is that if you liked online multiplayer, go for the 360. If you like solo games, go for the PS3.

I don't know exactly why, but there seemed to be more of a bigger online community on the 360?

stedee 13 June 2013 11:28 PM

thats whats swaying me towards xbox tbh, online, i know where every thing is, the other thing is the controller.

backwards compatiblity, used games, always online and connect always on doesnt bother me at all but i can see why it would bother some

there are alot of bad points for some gamers lol,

LSherratt 14 June 2013 08:07 AM

Yeah being connected to play a game, who really cares and why does it matter so much? Doesn't bother me. Also about the fee for second hand games, I've never bought a second hand game and don't buy many games either so that doesn't bother me. I literally buy 1 or 2 games a year (mainly COD) and play multiplayer online.

Also the extra £80 doesn't bother me too much as the consoles are already expensive! If I'm going to get a better online "feel and gaming experience" on the Xbox then I'll defiantly be getting it over the PS4.

P1Fanatic 14 June 2013 10:53 AM

I guess some would say that you should not need to have a broadband connection to play single player. I am assuming you don't also need XBL to authenticate yo play single player ? That would be taking the piss.

Many do moan about backward compatibility. Who really plays old games? People I know that do tend to still have their old gen consoles anyway.

DYK 14 June 2013 01:35 PM

Seems gamers are already decided...

http://https://www.google.co.uk/url?...47883778,d.d2k

CharlySkunkWeed 14 June 2013 03:07 PM

I only buy 2nd hand games coz I refuse to believe it is worth £40-50 , nevermind the prices that are floating around for the new games.

stedee 14 June 2013 03:10 PM

its all about the games really , alot of the good games are cross platform anyway , atm its driveclub v titanfall for me, i know xbox has got forza but tbh ive never really got on with it, i miss pgr , really used to like that

Peedee 14 June 2013 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11120611)
Yeah being connected to play a game, who really cares and why does it matter so much? Doesn't bother me

I do, and I'm sure a lot of other people will. Not everyone has an Internet connection for a start. I live in a barracks most of the time where there isn't an Internet connection, so how am I supposed to play? The majority of armed forces don't have a regular Internet connection in their barracks, this will put them right off the Xbox. I'm an Xbox fan but MS can shove this one. Think ill fork out less money for a better upcoming console and go with a PS4. At least I know I can play a single player game whenever I want!!

Firez34 14 June 2013 05:03 PM

Me and my boy can't wait but I'm dreading it at the same time. Is the £429.99 RRP correct, is it right it won't play the old 360 games cos that kind of put's a spanner in the works for us we planned on selling our 360 slim with about 60 original games to help fund it but he'll want to keep the old one if he can't play the old games. Like everyone's saying Game 50-70 notes. Seen some of your post's about the used games crisis. It'll be new pads everything which is expected but I'm worried about that new content delivery Pay to Play episodes of game extensions similar to current DLC but on a monthly basis that they have lined up. They trialed it with Halo 4 Spartan OPs to see if it worked and it did cos it was free Let's see how much they are on a monthly basis.

P1Fanatic 14 June 2013 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed (Post 11120919)
I only buy 2nd hand games coz I refuse to believe it is worth £40-50 , nevermind the prices that are floating around for the new games.

Your talking high st prices. I dont ever remember paying more than £35 for a PS3 title.

LSherratt 14 June 2013 05:26 PM

Firez34, I don't know how people can have 60+ games? Seriously woah that's a huge amount?? How many of those are actually fully completed and enjoyed?

I've owned my Xbox 360 for 6 years and have 9 games, and I only play one of them now; Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

In fact, 6 out of my 9 games are Call of Duty, the other 2 are Halo and GTA (which I got with the console), and Assassin's Creed that my girlfriend bought me.

Having so many games seems crazy to me.

Ant 14 June 2013 06:03 PM

60 games and how many of them you play?

As for always on I think ms have said they're looking into it for armed forces

The pre-owned thing has now been put down to whether the developer wants to do it or not

stedee 14 June 2013 06:08 PM

yeah its is bad for the forces, have to admit, did you hear what the head honcho said about it " buy a 360" ouch!!!! not good pr

Firez34 14 June 2013 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11121024)
Firez34, I don't know how people can have 60+ games? Seriously woah that's a huge amount?? How many of those are actually fully completed and enjoyed?

I've owned my Xbox 360 for 6 years and have 9 games, and I only play one of them now; Call of Duty: Black Ops 2.

In fact, 6 out of my 9 games are Call of Duty, the other 2 are Halo and GTA (which I got with the console), and Assassin's Creed that my girlfriend bought me.

Having so many games seems crazy to me.

We just have never let them go or traded always just buy out right be it new or used, Most just collect dust once done though. Then there's the 6 Pads, 2 Wireless mic's 1 wired mic, Kinnect
, charging stations, and the Guitars it just never ends.

LSherratt 14 June 2013 06:17 PM

I've never sold games or traded.... I've bought 8 games and that's it (plus been given one). That does me just fine and keeps me entertained, but I don't see why people buy so many, that's the question. You must get bored of a game after 1 week? They need to be played! :lol1:

Peedee 14 June 2013 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ant (Post 11121050)
60 games and how many of them you play?

As for always on I think ms have said they're looking into it for armed forces

The pre-owned thing has now been put down to whether the developer wants to do it or not

Really? Ok that's good news I guess, although I'm not sure how they'd get around it. Short of making an 'armed forces specific' Xbox, which would obviously never happen, I can't see how they'd do it?

Firez34 14 June 2013 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by LSherratt (Post 11121067)
I've never sold games or traded.... I've bought 8 games and that's it (plus been given one). That does me just fine and keeps me entertained, but I don't see why people buy so many, that's the question. You must get bored of a game after 1 week? They need to be played! :lol1:

Got 5 Kids we all play, plus the 3ds's, wii we even still have our xbox 1 with 12 games and our game cube with 17 games. Everything gets played with once in a while.

Firez34 14 June 2013 07:00 PM

Just been reading that for some reason they a down clocking the Xbox One by 200mhz kind of worrying if that is right, the articles on xbox-scene.com.

stedee 14 June 2013 07:44 PM

already posted on that.

Ant 14 June 2013 07:45 PM

Why is it bad? If it doesn't change performance?

Shaun 14 June 2013 08:17 PM

This guy is an absolute LEGEND!!!!

Shaun 14 June 2013 08:35 PM

Read this very interesting article...... which actually makes sense 100% imo.

http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous...one-intentions

If you delve into the stats of how popular Steam is, you soon realise that perhaps MS are being ahead of the game here from a console perspective.

As is being said on gaming forums.....

"....that they want to do Steam, but they 'suck at telling the story'"

BULLITT 14 June 2013 09:03 PM

Just seen the interview with John Mattrick and what an arrogant, misguided comment to make! And it's pathetic to hear him try and spin into something positive.

Basically saying "if you want to play the newest games in the new console but have limited Internet access, then it's tough sh!t, you'll have to stick to the old system and only play old games"

And then to say "don't knock 'til you've tried it" how?! How the hell can we try it?? Most Games shops have closed down so where can you go to try it and play the game YOU want to play/try out?? Simple answer - you can't.

Really funny bit "I can't sympathise with someone on a submarine because I've never worked one" What the frig do you think it feels like to be in a steel tube underwater days on end you retard!

evidence straight from the horses mouth that Micro$oft do not give a single f**k about its core audience.

I know there will still be millions sold but I still think that M$ will see a sales drop over the 360 release figures purely because they have done so much to drive away their core audience. It'll be interesting to see how many X1s are return for a refund when parents unaware of how it operates discover what it requires for the kids to keep playing offline... Just a thought.

I'll stick with my old, OFFLINE 360 :thumb: