ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   Catalunya Rally (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/58040-catalunya-rally.html)

Rum* 24 February 2002 02:07 PM

Steve_F...you also have mail :D:D:D...

Can't believe I'm in the office on a Sunday....

Tom

Chris L 24 February 2002 02:18 PM

Thought I better join in this thread :)

We should have some nice Scoobynet stickers on the car - nothing to compete with Rum or Theo though :)

Here's our car, so you know us when we arrive (just another blatant excuse to post a piccie of the car really - christ I'm turning into Dave T-S :D :D)

Chris

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.l...ob%20front.jpg

Rum* 24 February 2002 02:24 PM

Stickers or no stickers Chris and Sal I still think that looks an awesome car...the spoiler just finishes it off...(along with the lights and all the other bits and pieces) :D:D:D

Tom

EvilBevel 24 February 2002 03:12 PM

Chris/Sal, that car looks *very* good ! For me, black suits the MY01 very very well.

And yes, DTS syndrom there :D

ChrisB 24 February 2002 09:46 PM

I'm going via Maidstone to pick Wendy up so will be M4 over to the M5. Chris / Sal, if you're going down the M4 on Sunday morning do you want to meet up just after the M25 > M4 junction? I'm going to be very generous on timings though - no chance are we going to miss the ferry!

Probably meet up with the rest of the gang once on the M5?

Scoobychick 25 February 2002 01:13 PM

Chris - Yes definately :) We want to get there early too, we'd rather sit drinking coffee at the docks than arriving just as the ferry leaves ;) :D

We could meet you at the first services after the M25 junction on the M4 which I think is Reading services :)

Sal

Ps. Don't you all think an STI7 bonnet scoop would look good on the car??? ;)

EvilBevel 25 February 2002 03:14 PM

Sal, apart from the headlight conversion, I know there is a very ancient & obscure Spanish law against the use undersized bonnet scoops.

So better be safe than sorry ! ;)

Theo

Chris L 25 February 2002 04:02 PM

LOL Theo :)

Hopefully this will be fixed, but probably not in time for the Cat trip, so we will just have to take the risk of angering the Spanish police :)

Chris

Scoobychick 25 February 2002 05:11 PM

I've just realised how close this trip is - 2 weeks this Sunday :eek:

Ohmigod, so much shopping to do, so little time.... ;) :D

Richard Askew 25 February 2002 05:47 PM

hmmmm I wonder about taking some stickers for me little Seat Ibiza hire car?? :D :rolleyes: bbbrrrummmm brummm bang bang neeeeeeeeeeeerrrrr brruuuum bruummmmmmmm :D

Rum* 25 February 2002 06:25 PM

LOL @ Richard....good idea m8!!! :D:D:D Maybe I should get a load of stickers for you :D:D:D

EvilBevel 25 February 2002 06:33 PM

Can we pick the words for the stickers ? :D

Richard Askew 25 February 2002 08:02 PM

Starting with:

Great
Fookin
huuuuge and
handbrake turn

:D:D:D:D:D:D

ChrisB 25 February 2002 11:26 PM

Hmm, I was thinking of something starting with Sheep Rich?

Richard Askew 25 February 2002 11:38 PM

baa :D

Scoobychick 26 February 2002 10:49 AM

Hope you've all remembered to order your Euros :) Picking ours up today, nothing like being prepared well in advance :rolleyes: :D

I've gone into a state of major panic/excitement now, I hate this bit, waiting for the holiday to start, I'd rather just skip to getting on the ferry and the "I'm sure there's something I've forgotten" bit :rolleyes: :D

Scoobychick 26 February 2002 10:56 AM

Something to whet your appetite.. Rallye Catalunya :)

ChrisB 26 February 2002 05:11 PM

Haven't done anything on currency yet. :rolleyes: I have ordered me new sunglasses though :)

I ended up changing money at Dover en route to the 'Ring last Easter.

I presume everything is Euro's down there now then?

Richard Askew 27 February 2002 12:11 PM

Euros?? :confused: wassat then?? :D

Rum* 27 February 2002 05:37 PM

ChrisB....sunglasses for the mornings after??? :D:D:D

I guess I'll be the same...especially as with last year...my co-driver had the car keys in the mornings!!!! cos I wasn't capable to finding the car lock...let alone the steering wheel...trouble is for some unknown reason I was never able to sleep on the way to the stages.....mind you I better add it was nothing to do with young Mossmans driving....

Not long now...

All the best

Tom

Timo 28 February 2002 08:45 AM

Hey Tom

Letting Mossy drive your car is very nice of you....cos i think the last time he drove his impreza was the summer of 2000 on that one day of brilliant sunshine we had!!!! :D :D

Never makes it to our Hull meets ..says he's working but we all know he rings the Leeds Met office to check the weather and if they cant be 100% sure of NO rain.... well we cant even dream about little water droplets on thet black paintwork!!!!!

OOOOOooo stop me someone.....I'll get myself in to trouble here!!:D

See you sunday Tom ( if john is still talking to me)

Tim :D

Rum* 28 February 2002 11:18 AM

Tim,

Whats the plan on Sunday....??? I suppose I'll be calling Jon in the morning to advise what time I'll be showing (coming up from Stratford-upon-Avon via Leeds to pick up Chiark:D:D:D - cos I need mega miles on the clock real fast!!!)...

Tom

Scoobychick 28 February 2002 11:51 AM

I just found this site good for info on Lloret de Mar :)

[Edited by scoobychick - 2/28/2002 5:01:33 PM]

GM 28 February 2002 08:00 PM

Finally ( :rolleyes: ) got some accommodation sorted (to go with the flights and hire car) so I'll be there :).

Stage maps now on official site btw

Nick B 01 March 2002 10:58 AM

Couple more useful Lloret sites:
www.lloret.org (excellent for local maps)
www.lloretdemar.net

I notice on the official Rally site, there is the following spectator bulleting:
"During the 2nd and 3rd LEGS the stages will be closed, so that we recommend avoiding any kind of travelling because the closing points will vary depending on the amount of spectators. "

Any ideas what this means in practice? I am assuming that like the Rally GB there will be designated car parking areas from where you can walk to the stages....

Getting close now... :D :D :D

Timo 01 March 2002 02:49 PM

Good idea on the travel pills m8.

The best ones i found for ferries and rally navigating!! were "Sturgeron" or something like that. Available over the counter at your local chemist.

Scoobychick 01 March 2002 02:59 PM

If you drink alcohol after you've taken sea sickness pills they stop working, I found this out on a very rough sea crossing once :rolleyes:

Timo 01 March 2002 03:07 PM

OOOOooooo Catch 22 !!!!!

Richard Askew 01 March 2002 03:54 PM

NickB - nope u just drive in to the stages and park up...watch 'em passed several times dependant on stage use then race back to Lloret for more beer :D

Scoobychick 01 March 2002 03:56 PM

Rich

You mean we have to stop drinking and go and watch some cars go by??? :confused: :( :D