ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   International (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/)
-   -   Euro ADRENALINE Blast 2009 is here!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/international-24/732596-euro-adrenaline-blast-2009-is-here.html)

Labman 31 May 2009 01:13 AM

P.S. hope you get your head gasket sorted Tony. makes my issues seems small fry...

TonyG 01 June 2009 09:37 AM

Sounds like I might be the only one going at this rate...
Tony, if you can't get the car sorted, AND you can't get a 'suitable replacement' AND you can get to Folkestone/somewhere I can pick you up, you can use my passenger seat.

tony1scooby 01 June 2009 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 8737389)
Sounds like I might be the only one going at this rate...
Tony, if you can't get the car sorted, AND you can't get a 'suitable replacement' AND you can get to Folkestone/somewhere I can pick you up, you can use my passenger seat.

Powerstation doing a compression test today so will hopefully know the timeframe for repair this afternoon.:confused:

Thanks for the offer Tony. It may come to that.

If the worst comes to the worst and any of the other single drivers might like a co-driver let me know and I'll share with whoever has the fastest car and aircon...:D

Tony

The Admiral 01 June 2009 03:42 PM

The fastest car doesn't have aircon :p :lol1:

Hope you get yours fixed :thumb:

Rog

TonyG 02 June 2009 10:17 AM

The slowest (probably) doesn't have aircon either...

How many hands do I need to drive with? Picked up a slight injury last night (base of thumb is about twice its normal size and a bit tender - but that's a vast improvement from last night when it was more than 3 times its normal size)

MRK 02 June 2009 01:04 PM

Its allll going to pot :lol:

My car has had an emergency repair of its aircon condenser and oil-cooler.

Aircon re-gassed tomorrow so I’m praying for no leaks.

I hope all you others get your cars sorted.

Ooohhh the stress. I just need to get to France, get the trip started, then I can relax, a bit :)

Rock on Saturday.

tony1scooby 02 June 2009 02:59 PM

WOOOHOOO & YEEHAAA & YIPPEEEE

:D:luxhello::thumb::D:luxhello::thumb::D:luxhello: :thumb::D:luxhello::thumb:

Good news..:top:

Compression tested today and all cylinders 100%:clap:

No trace of oil or hydrocarbons in the coolant:king:

Head gaskets are fine. Checks for sticking thermostat, air locks in the coolant and water pump function now ongoing. Combining that with 70K service tomorrow and fingers crossed, I'm good to go..:thumb::luxhello::D

See you all on Sat/Sun..

Lets have a blast

Tony

:D:luxhello::thumb::D:luxhello::thumb::D:luxhello: :thumb::D:luxhello::thumb:

The Admiral 02 June 2009 09:46 PM

I'm not an expert*, but you seem happy Tony? :lol1:

Glad you got your Beetle sorted Mrk :D

My Scotland sticker is now on the EVO, so I'm good to go :D

Rog

* well, I might be :lol1:

StormyC 02 June 2009 11:25 PM

some news on the Exige well first good news is that all the bits are back on the car, the bad news is no A/C or Alarm.

Car gets delivered on truck tomorrow, now thats a relief as for AC that may be an issue que Mankini

Track insurance sorted with Keith Michaels

Shocking to think my first real drive of the Exige will be to Dover,

Now how t f do i fit in Euro complusory stuff and more then 3 pairs of boxers ?

See most of you on Saturday

Stormy

The Admiral 02 June 2009 11:31 PM

Nice One Sormy :D

I'm struggling to fit all my stuff in my sensible 4-door saloon with rear seats removed :lol1:

Rog :D

Labman 03 June 2009 09:37 AM

Sounds like I'm the only one with Air Con,......

Stormy, I've got visions of Cptn Slow in that Aston N24 when they did the best roads in Europe your, he had no aircon either, :lol:

Mrk, I went to France a few years back with my old Pug 306, got the air con regassed before we left. It all leaked out the next day and left me with a bad head cold...:mad:
You'll be fine though :thumb:

3 days to go, soooooo much still to do.

p1doc 03 June 2009 09:47 AM

all no go i see,i hope all mechanical probs are sorted by this weekend!!
stormy if there is a spare xxl t-shirt going i will have it as marl is being stingey and not doing any eurocombo t-shirts-i reckon he is ploughing all profits into his beetle lol
have a great time
martin

TonyG 03 June 2009 09:54 AM

All go so far. Car seems to be ok, and thumb swelling is going down nicely, but the bruise is starting to come out. Minor moment of panic this morning when I couldn't find the car insurance document, but ok now.
Funny you should be mentioning Captain Slow, people here at work have said the same thing to me.

ARrrrrgggGH! track insurance!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knew there was something I'd forgotten. That's lunchtime taken care of then.

Labman 03 June 2009 12:02 PM

**** **** ****!!! :cry:

MORIS are not doing insurance for trackdays until they appoint a new underwritter.
Comp Car insurance only quote for Euro circuits if you have track history with them!!!

Arrrgghhh, anyone know who i might be able to try. Would Keith Michaels do a quote do you think, anyone got a number for them? :wonder:

The Admiral 03 June 2009 01:23 PM

Try KM on 0845 337 3380 or Nowell & Richards on 01785 255514 or Pace Ward on 01782 286311

Rog :)

TonyG 03 June 2009 01:44 PM

Ahhhhhh yutz! Car's worth about £4k (max) now, so if it's not mandatory, is it worth the risk? Or I could just blag passenger rides and go round and round until I.... feel ill.

The Admiral 03 June 2009 01:46 PM

Your excess would probably be about £2k anyway...

It will focus your mind on driving safely :D

Rog

TonyG 03 June 2009 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Admiral (Post 8742440)
Your excess would probably be about £2k anyway...

It will focus your mind on driving safely :D

Rog

It always is :) *

* except on t*t Monday, when the likelihood of me having an accident goes up in direct proportion to the number of young ladies on my route to work.

StormyC 03 June 2009 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by p1doc (Post 8741944)
all no go i see,i hope all mechanical probs are sorted by this weekend!!
stormy if there is a spare xxl t-shirt going i will have it as marl is being stingey and not doing any eurocombo t-shirts-i reckon he is ploughing all profits into his beetle lol
have a great time
martin

Can do you sure about xxl I take a xl or is the Murtaya growing your chest

Martin your be missed on the trip

Stormy

Labman 03 June 2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Admiral (Post 8742398)
Try KM on 0845 337 3380 or Nowell & Richards on 01785 255514 or Pace Ward on 01782 286311

Rog :)

Cheers Rog, quotes are coming in thick and fast,.... well one is anyway which is better than none. :D

Phil.

StormyC 03 June 2009 09:38 PM

The Exige has arrived managed to stow all the Euro reg stuff, next mission is me an Hugh's baggage:cuckoo:

I have a car Yippee all a bit tighter than I hoped

Pick up EB shirts tomorrow, if you missed the order can order for later delivery.

Stormy

MRK 04 June 2009 12:36 PM

Track insurance?? Whats that for :wonder: I think the roads you will be driving on will be far more dangerous than a wee track with run-off :lol1:. Has no one read the Route Book :eek:

An excerpt from Day5 "Sinister scree slopes, protruding rock, barren mountains piercing through lush pine forests, shear drops and low rickety stone walls that wouldn’t stop a kamikaze gnat are all of what are ahead of you".

Oh by the way I HAVE AIRCON, I have aircon its soooo cold as I have aircon in my car, lar-de-dah........... :luxhello:

The Admiral 04 June 2009 09:01 PM

I hear snow is forecast ;)

Rog :D

NeilP1 04 June 2009 09:57 PM

:lol:only in scotland

TonyG 05 June 2009 10:16 AM

I've read the route book, and checked some of the roads closely on Google Maps. Er, how many bends?
Love the comment about 'rickety stone walls' but even that sounds a bit more substantial than some of the 'fenced' roads in Italy on the last EB07 (a bit of plastic tape in places iirc).

MRK 05 June 2009 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by TonyG (Post 8746433)
I've read the route book, and checked some of the roads closely on Google Maps. Er, how many bends?
Love the comment about 'rickety stone walls' but even that sounds a bit more substantial than some of the 'fenced' roads in Italy on the last EB07 (a bit of plastic tape in places iirc).

We shall see Tony ;) glad you read the route book.

Guess what I may have aircon but my brakes are screwed :(

p1doc 12 June 2009 05:27 PM

oooo how did it all go??
stormy -same size t-shirt as last year-thought it was xxl but you know my size lol
martin

Labman 14 June 2009 05:35 PM

I'm baaaack, first to post on return, how sad.

Thanks again Mrk and Stormy, awesome awesome awesome trip. Still laughing about so much, especially watching Hugh, one Exige, the French toll barrier, and about 5 euros in change come flying out the passenger window,....... then another 5 come flying out when the barrier didn;t go up. :lol1:

p1doc 15 June 2009 02:56 PM

looking forward to the stories report??
now just eurocombo in sep/oct?????
martin

Stuart Knight 15 June 2009 04:45 PM

Ooh, is there another this year? Hadn't spotted that!