ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

STi wanna Subaru 28 August 2009 06:55 PM

He persevered... tried to help the lad but it couldn't be done. It's somebody else's problem now. I just hope they realise they bought a bit of a lemon :o

myblackwrx 28 August 2009 07:47 PM

Way off topic from Arsenal but this is one of my fave dives

YouTube - Steven taylor handball????

STI he'll fit in perfectly in the Spanish League i think

jasey 28 August 2009 08:32 PM

There was no contact at all - The boy's a disgrace :mad:.

UEFA have to start somewhere - and provided they're consistent I have no problem with them starting with Arsenal :thumb:.

With TV there's no hiding place for them !

jasey 28 August 2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8909089)
He persevered... tried to help the lad but it couldn't be done. It's somebody else's problem now. I just hope they realise they bought a bit of a lemon :o

Can't see you quoting this in two years time as part of your annual "I told you I know footie" thread ;):D.

Still looking forward to Scholes meeting up with him as an opponent - should give him something to dive for :luxhello:

DaveBeck 28 August 2009 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by jasey (Post 8909310)
There was no contact at all - The boy's a disgrace :mad:.

UEFA have to start somewhere - and provided they're consistent I have no problem with them starting with Arsenal :thumb:.

With TV there's no hiding place for them !

Think you need to check your eyes, he DOES touch him. check his ankle ;) he's already on way down but he has touched him.

As long as they keep it up wih all teams then it can only be a good thing.

Bravo2zero_sps 28 August 2009 09:06 PM

Come on it's obvious they wont keep this up. It's Platini just being a c**t as usual. Perhaps Arsenal fans should start their own video collection of dives going forward and send them all to Platini to make sure he bans every single one of them.

jasey 28 August 2009 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8909346)
Think you need to check your eyes, he DOES touch him. check his ankle ;) he's already on way down but he has touched him.

As long as they keep it up wih all teams then it can only be a good thing.

You're starting to sound like a Manure fan from 4 years ago ;):D.

Hope he's not going to become a Ronaldo / Drossba - Such a shame cos he had quite a good game - but all the talk is about his cheating !

DaveBeck 28 August 2009 09:37 PM

pmsl, yes thats right. 1 tumble and he's going to be the next Ronaldo. when he starts rolling round like he has been shot i will be agreeing lol

DJ Dunk 29 August 2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8909388)
It's Platini just being a c**t as usual.

Is correct, but it's just UEFA singling out a player (could have been anyone) to try and send an early message to all teams this season. It's become an unwelcome guest to football and needs to be stamped out. Every team has their divers and nobody likes it when they do it (Gerrard included). Wenger has taken it personally, as you'd expect any manager to.

jasey 29 August 2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8909447)
pmsl, yes thats right. 1 tumble and he's going to be the next Ronaldo. when he starts rolling round like he has been shot i will be agreeing lol

The dive was one thing - his reaction after is worrying me that he may think it's a good idea to keep it up.

Hopefully he will get a two match ban to keep him right - doesn't look like Wenger will !

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 10:59 AM

Well what about UEFA stepping in and doing something about all the dives last night that earned players yellow cards and the head butt from Messi in the Barca game? I guarantee nothing will be done about that 'showpiece'.

DJ Dunk 29 August 2009 11:51 AM

UEFA showpiece games are exempt, it's all just boys being boys ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 11:56 AM

Exactly one rule for English clubs and another set of rules for everyone else. As for the violence etc from English fans that's all a joke too when compared to the Italians who fight every week. Platini will use just about any excuse he can dream up to try to punish English clubs. I'd like to see Wenger verbally tear Platini a new ar$ehole :lol1:

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 04:59 PM

The time is almost here :D

Few beers sunk and waiting for the biggest game of the season

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8910651)
The time is almost here :D

Few beers sunk and waiting for the biggest game of the season

Best of luck:thumb:

not too much though:D

Aaron

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 05:15 PM

you kept our date :D

not sure about our centre 3. yours just stink of experience in the middle. i feel we will have to go to a 442 to cope with them

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 05:19 PM

We've matched you today which was surprising, should have kept berba in after the wigan performance:wonder:

It has 0-0 all over it:D

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 06:05 PM

what a joke that free kick decision was, no penalty but you get that for same tackle :lol1:

Can we keep you out from scoring, not a chance. too much for us on the wings when you turn and face.

Cant remember last time i was this nervous lol

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 06:09 PM

That was the most clear cut penalty I have ever seen from Fletcher on Arshavin, no surprise from the ref not giving a penalty against Utd at home :rolleyes: However p!ss Arshavin off and he does that :cool: :notworthy:luxhello: :D

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 06:13 PM

Arshavin banned for 10 matches for diving ;)

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 06:15 PM

:lol1: and another 10 matches for daring to score against Utd at home :thumb:

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 06:17 PM

a certain pen it was. We need to take giggs off and bring on Berba, he's been in a couple of good positions and give it away far too easily. Shame half time came really, oh and did you see that block with the hands from Vidic's header near the end of the first half;)

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 06:19 PM

I know, pure cheating ;)

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 06:21 PM

your right about giggs, we have been caught twice now in possession in dangers places and he has failed to slip in Rooney.

45 mins away........oh the nerves

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 06:33 PM

DIVE!!!! BAN HIM!

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 06:35 PM

;)

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 06:37 PM

Now your in trouble Park is coming on:Whatever_ at least it might make your players dizzy watching him run around:lol1:

Aaron1978 29 August 2009 06:40 PM

I think Giggs must have had a bollocking of Fergie:lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2009 06:42 PM

How many times have I said on here Diaby is fcuking useless. What a tw4t. Him and Eboue should not be in the squad.

Not that it matters as before the game kicked off I knew we'd lose with that cheating cvnt of a ref Mike Dein in charge.

DaveBeck 29 August 2009 06:43 PM

I think the commentators need to get their tongue out of giggs arse lol

Man U prove they can win ugly, fair play.