ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   RaceDynamix STi - Time Attack 2009 (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/740564-racedynamix-sti-time-attack-2009-a.html)

P20SPD 18 February 2009 04:19 PM

Is that what the newages weigh? Where does Zak get 1700 or whatever it is for his newage, as that has me baffled.

dynamix 18 February 2009 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by P20SPD (Post 8519560)
Is that what the newages weigh? Where does Zak get 1700 or whatever it is for his newage, as that has me baffled.

I have no idea Steven. STD off the shelf they are dry weight of 1495kgs for the UK 2006 version - I think the JDM is lighter as was the blob eye. Easy to trim that weight down though as changing to coilovers saves a fair amount as does fitting proper 2 piece brake discs. Taking the spare wheel out and jack gets rid of some more too.

I would have thought his would be 1400 plus whatever the driver was but maybe he has put it on a weighbridge.

Shaun 18 February 2009 04:40 PM

1470kgs for the same MY as mine for a STi and 1495kgs for Duncan's MY STi. Spec C (base version) was circa 120kg's lighter than it's same MY STi.

I do not know whether the book figures were actually fully fuelled though, my 1340kg's certainly was! :)

No idea where 1700kgs come from! :D

Mocom Racing 19 February 2009 01:18 AM

Mocom Racing STi

Originally Posted by P20SPD (Post 8519560)
Where does Zak get 1700 or whatever it is for his newage, as that has me baffled.

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 8519603)
I would have thought his would be 1400 plus whatever the driver was but maybe he has put it on a weighbridge.

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8519608)
No idea where 1700kgs come from! :D

http://www.mocomracing.com/dbimages/...airpinslow.gif
The MR STi, remember it’s not a Spec C, has indeed been on a weighbridge and recorded 1570kgs with ¼ tank of fuel.
Add to this one pot bellied driver, harnesses, helmet, extinguisher, additional ¾ tank of fuel (to limit fuel surge), video and bullet camera, laptop and the usual sh1te laying around in my car and you touch 1700kgs.

Spec as run in 2008 Time Attack series includes Optima ‘Yellow’ battery, 1000WRMS Boston Acoustic amplifier’s, component speakers with mdf door mounts, Subaru jack, all doors and floor lined with Dynamat, mdf sheet in the boot, Pentagon security filmed windows and of course the Graco baby seat :lol1:

The only items removed for the track were the spare wheel and sub.

P20SPD 19 February 2009 12:48 PM

That's staggeringly heavy Zak, so you are planning on ditching half a ton from your car?

dynamix 20 February 2009 09:29 PM

Got the solaris fitted today by Pat Herborne of Solaris-ecs.com - The Solaris S6 Ecu was the piece of kit concerned.... a competition spec ecu than is also suitable for road cars. I felt that this was the perfect choice for me to take the car beyond where it is at present. Currently it had been held back on the current OE ecu but now it can be set free.

The Drive by Wire (DBW) throttle system on the 2006 STi onwards is a bit of a stumbling point for most ecu's but thanks to pat's enginuity it has been nailed and now fully mappable and controllable with an aftermarket ecu 8) Along with AVCS, datalogging and some little toys for the devil inside.

After some pecularities in the ecu fitting and some strange power signals from the car it fired into life when requested and idled like a dream. Then was a case of checking all sensors and drive by wire was working as anticipated... all A OK :D

Pat explained how it all worked and the guesstimap that he loaded on seemed to do a reasonable job - so much so that hardly any tweaks were needed to enable me to drive it away and get the map sorted myself.

Before doing this Pat wired up the calibration switch. This is an 8 position switch that can alter the map, boost, fueling table from any of the 4 distinct map or combinations of them and add in little toys such as launch control, flat throttle shifting and anti lag.

I just couldnt help myself ... the lure of the ASBO switch was too much. I tried to stop myself but just couldnt.

Damn that is mental ! Laughing like a 10 year old is superb :D

Everyone needs a bit of anti lag in their life !

but... to get to the serious stuff, the initial impressions of the driving is very good as it is smoother on part throttle boost than previously and seems to be much smoother all round. This should make it easier to drive on track.

Jolly Green Monster 20 February 2009 10:20 PM

nice one Duncan

Shaun 21 February 2009 09:56 AM

Duncan,
You will soon get bored of anti-lag...... you will get bored of it quicker than I did, as you're a fair few years older than me! :D

I also found (when I moved to Hydra) how pleasant the car was to drive afterwards and how much sharper it felt...... especially with these 1150cc injectors in. lol

Good move on your part going after market for the ECU.

JP4 21 February 2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 8525598)
Got the solaris fitted today by Pat Herborne of Solaris-ecs.com - The Solaris S6 Ecu was the piece of kit concerned.... a competition spec ecu than is also suitable for road cars. I felt that this was the perfect choice for me to take the car beyond where it is at present. Currently it had been held back on the current OE ecu but now it can be set free.

Before doing this Pat wired up the calibration switch. This is an 8 position switch that can alter the map, boost, fueling table from any of the 4 distinct map or combinations of them and add in little toys such as launch control, flat throttle shifting and anti lag.

Welcome to the Solaris club Duncan! :thumb: Incidently where has Pat placed your calibration switch? Is it near the DCCD button switch before the handbrake? Thats where mine is. At the mo I've only different boost settings allowing me to drive at low boost levels for my daily driving etc :)

As for the anti-lag and launch control switches - i recall when Pat fitted these to mine last year.....was the sound good or what!

dynamix 21 February 2009 10:49 PM

Shaun - I dont think I will get bored of it :D

But as you said, it does feel smoother and at the same time sharper and quicker to react than the old MAF based system. It is a stark difference and will be useful for part throttle corners on track in particular.

Position switch is not located anywhere yet - i have yet to fit it. DCCD area seems the right place though JP.

JP4 21 February 2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by dynamix (Post 8528354)
Position switch is not located anywhere yet - i have yet to fit it. DCCD area seems the right place though JP.

Yep quite handy when driving and wanting to adjust. Pat is booked in for remapping session in a few weeks time.

Shaun 22 February 2009 12:26 PM

Launch control is being taken off mine. I think that is what finished off my turbo in early 2008. I remember trying it (ensuring the boost was building whilst stationary) in the carpark at Santa Pod(not actually launching lol) and it was fine. Lined up on the start line and it never achieved proper boost ever again (.5bar instead of 1.1bar). I think that was when most of my blades must of shot out of the exhaust pipe! :D TBH, I had been giving the Launch Control death whilst I was close testing up at Donington the month before with Richard. :D

You live and learn.

dynamix 22 February 2009 01:51 PM

Okay... some pics:

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g.../stickers1.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g.../stickers2.jpg

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g.../stickers3.jpg

There are a few more to go on the bonnet but I had to leave it because of server issues.....

Also the TA door cards and sponsor stickers to go on too.

banny sti 22 February 2009 02:03 PM

Very nice Duncan :thumb:

Banny

ABW 22 February 2009 03:53 PM

Very nice :thumb:

trails 22 February 2009 04:53 PM

looks good, I'd go for black wing mirrors though. Any pics of its bottom...interested to see the diffuser :)

ScoobyDoo69 22 February 2009 06:58 PM

It speaks volumes about the Brembos when a 500+bhp car is still running them on track!
Looks great, but why no rear shots yet?

dazdavies 22 February 2009 07:05 PM

Looks awesome Duncan, looking forward to watching it this year. :)

V4JDMSTi 22 February 2009 07:23 PM

new ecu sounds interesting Duncan. Buggsy a ride at some point. ;)

graphics look mental and the wing mirrors tie in nicely with the rest of the colours.

dynamix 22 February 2009 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69 (Post 8529985)

;)

Tim W 22 February 2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo69 (Post 8529985)

Not noticed something in this shot then?

https://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g.../stickers3.jpg

;)

p1prodrive 22 February 2009 09:08 PM

Zen wheels look awesome Dunc !

ABW 22 February 2009 09:25 PM

I've got a nice set of wheels up the yard for you mate . not wide enough for track but ideal road wheels . Offset of 11 so they'll fit in your arches a treat :D
they've got your name written all over em :lol1:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...2_WRCDynam.jpg

dynamix 22 February 2009 09:33 PM

for me ?

ABW 22 February 2009 09:50 PM

Edited to say for sale :lol1:

p1prodrive 22 February 2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by ABW (Post 8530571)
I've got a nice set of wheels up the yard for you mate . not wide enough for track but ideal road wheels . Offset of 11 so they'll fit in your arches a treat :D
they've got your name written all over em :lol1:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...2_WRCDynam.jpg

Oh yes i think we need to chat about the wheels and the carbon goodies when your all systems go matey:thumb:

ABW 22 February 2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by p1prodrive (Post 8530698)
Oh yes i think we need to chat about the wheels and the carbon goodies when your all systems go matey:thumb:

:thumb:

Fai17 24 February 2009 01:05 AM

Looking stunning Duncan..i like it

bioforger 24 February 2009 01:25 AM

Awesome :thumb:

Lewis! 24 February 2009 09:03 AM

looking forward to seeing this car at time attack this year