ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Apple iPad - Stunning. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/820553-apple-ipad-stunning.html)

JackClark 17 March 2010 07:55 PM

Harware vendors and Apple themselves will no doubt make some money from Accessories it's a huge part of the market. I accept that and benefit from it. An included Dock connector to USB adaptor or similar would be very handy but it's not a deal breaker for me. The next version could well have a SD card slot of similar, Macbooks have them now.

Snazy 17 March 2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel (Post 9290103)

HOWEVER I put a screen protector on the new Aye phone and this absolutely ruined it. This device has the best touch sensitive screen known to technology! I took he screen protector off after 2 mins.

Apple bans screen protectors from its store | T3 magazine

Coincidence ? lol

JackClark 17 March 2010 10:11 PM

Good timing. I've only ever seen one good screen protector.

Trout 17 March 2010 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 9291606)
No, your comments in this thread, and your inability to admit to another poster with an iPhone, that the phone has flaws, tells me all I need to know. Your posts indicate that you are so blinded by the brand that you cannot admit that flaws exist in Apple products. You seem to be unable to undersand that people who worship brands that exploit them for money are my object of hate not every one who has an apple product.

I would recommend seeing a psychologist as you seem to have a paranoid obsession. I really do think there is something wrong with your perception of reality that I am starting to find quite disturbing.

Actually, having read all your posts pointed in my direction I find it more than disturbing I actually find your views quite repellent without any possible foundation.

darts_aint_sport 18 March 2010 12:25 PM

Apple Banning Screen Protectors in Retail Stores? - Mac Rumors

Apple changing its mind again and banning things it doesn't approve of giving no explanation is become a bit of a habit it would seem.

JackClark 18 March 2010 12:40 PM

Harrods will stop selling Monkeys next. *******s.

Devildog 18 March 2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9291999)

I've had a power support crystal film protector on mine since new, and have had zero problems with it, TBH. No bubbles, creases or anything.

Power Support crystal film set for iPhone 3G - Apple Store (U.K.)

Would absolutely use them again.

There are many different films out there and many of them are, bluntly, crap

Xx-IAN-xX 19 March 2010 10:20 AM

entertheninja

GreenPois0n: The Untethered iPad Jailbreak? | iPhoneHeat

Looks like there may also be a jailbreak for it :thumb:

JackClark 19 March 2010 10:40 AM

If it's not on here Dev-Team Blog then I stay well away.

TelBoy 19 March 2010 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9292204)
I actually find your views quite repellent without any possible foundation.

Not the first time he's been told this. :)

And fcuk me, how many times has you're been mis-spelt on this thread?? :(

Snazy 19 March 2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 9295674)

:lol:
Your back on form then Tel :lol1:

TelBoy 19 March 2010 03:56 PM

My on-desk sniffometer started melting :mad:

Markus 20 March 2010 12:45 AM

Apple has announced it will be accepting submissions for ipad apps on March 27. Looks like iPad developers are going to have a very very busy week ;)

Trout 20 March 2010 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 9295674)
Not the first time he's been told this. :)

Apparently because I own an iPod that hasn't broken for five years means that I have to become an Apple apologist or I must be a slavering fanboy :confused:

He is really is quite deranged, projecting his rather twisted views on anyone who happens to innocently pass by!

Maz 20 March 2010 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9296841)
Apparently because I own an iPod that hasn't broken for five years means that I have to become an Apple apologist or I must be a slavering fanboy :confused:

He is really is quite deranged, projecting his rather twisted views on anyone who happens to innocently pass by!

Six of one and half a dozen of the other from what I've read.
Objectivity is oft skewed depending on which side of the fence you are. Agree to disagree and move on as neither of you are covering yourself in glory.

Trout 20 March 2010 01:44 PM

Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree as well then. It must be the brainwashing I have been subjected to kicking in.

Who'd have thought that computer branding would be the new religion and sectarianism would force the choice of 'sides'.

Diesel 20 March 2010 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 9297329)
Well I guess we will have to agree to disagree as well then. It must be the brainwashing I have been subjected to kicking in.

Who'd have thought that computer branding would be the new religion and sectarianism would force the choice of 'sides'.

Poignant

Humans asserting dominance and control via a misguided sense of righteousness and tribe belonging? iSlam and all the others come to mind;)

D

JackClark 26 March 2010 02:36 PM

Project Gutenberg ebooks will be included in the iBookstore for free

Excellent news.

Xx-IAN-xX 26 March 2010 02:47 PM

On the iPhone: Untethered Jailbreak

YouTube - Untethered Jailbreak

Also good news :thumb:

JackClark 28 March 2010 09:02 PM

Looking great.

Album 1 Gallery 22 Gallery Boy Genius Report

stevebt 28 March 2010 09:07 PM

I see you can't put your iphone sim in it as it uses a newer micro sim :( Lets see what price it comes out on contract

JackClark 28 March 2010 09:46 PM

In the US there is no contract! You can buy a month of data or an amount of data. Apple moving the game forward again. That's why I'm definately waiting for the 3g version.

STi wanna Subaru 28 March 2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by JackClark (Post 9314434)

What am I looking at here Jack?

JackClark 29 March 2010 06:18 AM

Screenshots from the iPad. The one that people will have you believe is a glorified iPod.

STi wanna Subaru 29 March 2010 09:18 AM

Right. I thought so. Maybe I'm missing what's so good as it looks like a toy more than anything else.

Jamescsti 29 March 2010 11:33 AM

It is a toy, it has no real use other than it's the latest gadget

SwissTony 29 March 2010 02:53 PM

On a recent news item on macworld about the lack of iPads, this a selection of the comments at the foot of the story

:D

Comments received

ippyboi said on Mon, 29 Mar 2010
At this rate when will get any iPads? Apple have now removed what was the holding spot (like the USA Store) from its UK online store and replaced it with Support contact number..

A whole lot of over promise and under deliver by the looks of things...

LardyGit said on Mon, 29 Mar 2010
Poor old ippyboi, he'll just have to wait. Obviously Apple should have ramped production up to ten million units per year and stuffed the sales channels with sufficient to cover the (unknown, bearing in mind it's a new product) demand before announcing it. If they'd done that he'd then be whinging that they could have punted a couple of million out the door and started selling them earlier - wot an idiot!

ippyboi said on Mon, 29 Mar 2010
Oh I don't mind waiting! I dont have an issue with them selling out... but they could just add out soon on the UK site. I think Pre-Orders are a good way to go. My reason for watching the date is that I want a device for when Im am out on the road, and wasnt sure if to get a Macbook or iPad and I have been holding on.

Maybe Apple should sell personalities Lardy, then you could get a new one!

Xhris2210 said on Mon, 29 Mar 2010
Maybe Apple could produce an App that prevents people from insulting strangers on the internet? That would be a real innovation.

mattstant 29 March 2010 04:40 PM

When I saw this the first time i thought one thing and one thing only .............
Dom Joly says hello to the iPad | Media Monkey | Media | guardian.co.uk

mattstant 29 March 2010 04:46 PM

even more from Dom jolly

Dom Joly: Steve Jobs nicked my idea, so I nicked it back - Dom Joly, Columnists - The Independent

JackClark 29 March 2010 04:54 PM

Nothing more than a toy! How so? Surely any PC is nothing more than a toy to the majority of users or am I missing something other than an Anti-Apple bias? The iPad will cause a revolutio in home computer usage just as the iPhone changed the Mobile market. Revisit this thread in a couple of years time.