ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who Has The OLDEST Mobile Phone Here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/548794-who-has-the-oldest-mobile-phone-here.html)

dannyboy_turbo 05 June 2007 09:15 PM

i think the problem is he (pslewis) doesn't get the fact people beleive he has a price match deal it's the fact that he claimed he got it in 1996 when virgin mobile weren't out and about that people wanted proof about.

the talkplan is true (worked for orange since 2000 - unfortunatly)
but getting it in 96' is total balls.

do i hear the faint noise of a scanner and photoshop being cue'd up?!

:wonder:

pslewis 05 June 2007 10:43 PM

A couple of 'newbies' resurrect an old thread??

Hmmmmmmmm .............

bootsy 05 June 2007 10:47 PM

:Suspiciou

boomer 05 June 2007 10:50 PM

Conscious,

thank you for re-incarnating this thread.

Let me recall one of my posts...

Originally Posted by Boomer, back on 09-Oct-2006
I'm up for it, but let us be a little more specific about the "conditions", so that you can't worm your way out from some of the comments (alleged facts) that you have made. This thread is going to haunt you!!!! :D

The following names admit that they are complete and utter tossers - if pslewis provides for public viewing on Scoobynet, (an) un-tampered digital image(s) which clearly show his Motorola MR30 mobile phone; switched on and displaying a live Orange operator logo (as generated by Orange as a network service provider, and not some typed in text via the Welcome note or the address book); powered solely by one of the previously mentioned three original NiMH batteries; with a recent copy of a monthly statement including the date and the first 5 digits of the mobile phone number clearly visible (other information can be obscured if personally identifiable) - after all, it is a contract phone; proof of a "Virgin Offer" contract that began in 1996 (e.g. receipt with date); plus a publicly available and identifiable document such as a newspaper to confirm the date the picture was taken; before midnight on Tuesday 10-Oct-2006; for a mobile phone that is still in regular use!

Place names here:-
  1. boomer

...you have just over 24 hours - should you decide to accept the mission!!

mb

...after which pslewis went awol from ScoobyNet for over five weeks :eek:

mb

bootsy 05 June 2007 10:53 PM

so what your saying is the great unwashed of snet are still waiting for proof:wonder:

pslewis 05 June 2007 10:56 PM

Ha Ha and what makes anyone think I care enough to put any effort into proving what I have? :lol1:

boomer 05 June 2007 10:57 PM

...when asked for proof, he "ran away" to cry.

When he did come back, he couldn't come up with any proof, and since then it has also been ascertained that on a contract phone he could never only have a 35p monthly bill that he only bothers to pay every few months!

But i am sure that he will come up with some excuse ;)

mb

pslewis 05 June 2007 10:58 PM

Face

Bothered??

Charley Horse 05 June 2007 10:59 PM

lewis = liar

It's official.

:lol1:

bootsy 05 June 2007 11:02 PM

can i hear stamping of feet going off in a huff

pslewis 05 June 2007 11:05 PM

You sad, sad, losers :lol1:

bootsy 05 June 2007 11:10 PM

yes you are.i think its a case of put up or shut up so till your proof has been seen on here.i think thread will keep coming back:nono:

unclebuck 05 June 2007 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6989506)
You sad, sad, losers :lol1:

:lol: class!!

Dream Weaver 06 June 2007 01:08 PM

As I said in this thread before, I'm on the same plan and my monthly bills are sometimes under £1.00 - make no calls for 2 months and the 35p bill over 3 months could be true ;)

pslewis 06 June 2007 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver (Post 6990901)
As I said in this thread before, I'm on the same plan and my monthly bills are sometimes under £1.00 - make no calls for 2 months and the 35p bill over 3 months could be true ;)

It's true alright - my last bill was £1:15 for 5 months .... just paid last week.

bootsy 06 June 2007 07:25 PM

show us the bill

pslewis 06 June 2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by bootsy (Post 6992195)
show us the bill

Like I said above .... I simply cannot be bothered :D

I'll try and live my life in the knowledge that you don't believe me - how shall I manage? :lol1:

EuroOne 06 June 2007 10:36 PM

I believe you

boomer 06 June 2007 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver (Post 6990901)

Dream Weaver - thank you for your helpful comments. A question - when (and how) do you pay your bills, and are you on a contract rather than PAYG?

pslewis claims that he makes 35p worth of calls a month, but (as per a few posts above) only paid the bill after 5 months.

Now if he was on a Direct Debit contract, he would have no choice but to pay a certain number of days after the statement arrived.

If he paid by cheque (or similar) he would incur an administrative charge far in excess of his calls (thus NOT paying only 35p per month!).

...and sadly, he resorts to name calling when anyone questions a claim that he initially made (and bragged about) over eight months ago and has still not substantiated!

mb

pslewis 06 June 2007 10:52 PM

IF he pays DD - IF he pays Cheque - you do a lot of guessing :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with getting a bill each month - not paying it as it's less than £1 - Orange asked me NOT to pay until it went over £1 as it costs them too much to process anything less (even £1 is too little really).

For what it's worth I pay via online banking - no admin charge :rolleyes:

kingofturds 06 June 2007 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6992997)

IF he pays DD - IF he pays Cheque - you do a lot of guessing :rolleyes:

Whats wrong with getting a bill each month - not paying it as it's less than £1 - Orange asked me NOT to pay until it went over £1 as it costs them too much to process anything less (even £1 is too little really).

For what it's worth I pay via online banking - no admin charge :rolleyes:

welcome back:D

InfractMe 06 June 2007 11:03 PM

The king is back - hail the king :D

bootsy 06 June 2007 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6992247)
Like I said above .... I simply cannot be bothered :D

I'll try and live my life in the knowledge that you don't believe me - how shall I manage? :lol1:

you can't be bothered more like you can't. no more porkys please

pslewis 06 June 2007 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6993027)
welcome back:D

Thank you kind Sir - it's too easy to get banned these days :lol1:

kingofturds 06 June 2007 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6993053)
Thank you kind Sir - it's too easy to get banned these days :lol1:

You get banned more often than your colostomy bag needs emptying these days:D

Puff The Magic Wagon! 06 June 2007 11:12 PM

Welcome back Pete or should I call you "Infractme"? :lol:

;)

pslewis 06 June 2007 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon! (Post 6993086)
Welcome back Pete or should I call you "Infractme"? :lol:

;)

Thanks "Puff The Magic" or should I call you "Puff The Tragic"? :lol:

kingofturds 06 June 2007 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6993100)

Infract him:mad:

pslewis 06 June 2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by kingofturds (Post 6993131)
Infract him:mad:

It's too late in the evening for anymore of those games :lol1:

Anyway - he started it ;)

Puff The Magic Wagon! 06 June 2007 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by pslewis (Post 6993100)

Pete

"Puff" is fine as unlike your good self, I have not registered a different username so don't suffer from problems with not logging out when changing personna

:lol: