ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   jack straw's comments, what's the problem? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/549037-jack-straws-comments-whats-the-problem.html)

Suresh 09 October 2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by unfeasablylargegonads
now you are just being silly, personaly I have nothing against people wandering around with nothing on

Ah! so you're a total lunatic then. And to think I was trying to have a sensible debate with you! :lol:

Norman D. Landing 09 October 2006 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landing
Serious question :

Regarding the Virgins waiting in the afterlife for you. How do Muslim women view this? It must be a pretty depressing way of going through a marriage knowing (if to be believed) that your husband will be awarded with a load of virgins (presumably for sex?) when he dies. What if the woman dies first, do they expect to have to wait for their husband only to find that he shows up and hey presto, theres virgins all over him and she's playing 73'rd(or whatever) fiddle!?

Also, are these virgins supposed to be the souls of other women who died before they married or is ther supposed to be a stock of them for each male?

No disrespect meant, it seriously makes me wonder.

EDITED : Are there any Muslim women on this board ?

Anyone care to answer ?

Leslie 11 October 2006 12:34 PM

Not qualified-sorry!

Les

KiwiGTI 11 October 2006 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Norman D. Landing
Serious question :

Regarding the Virgins waiting in the afterlife for you. How do Muslim women view this? It must be a pretty depressing way of going through a marriage knowing (if to be believed) that your husband will be awarded with a load of virgins (presumably for sex?) when he dies. What if the woman dies first, do they expect to have to wait for their husband only to find that he shows up and hey presto, theres virgins all over him and she's playing 73'rd(or whatever) fiddle!?

Also, are these virgins supposed to be the souls of other women who died before they married or is ther supposed to be a stock of them for each male?

No disrespect meant, it seriously makes me wonder.

EDITED : Are there any Muslim women on this board ?

And some related questions.

What is your bodily and mental state upon reaching heaven? (the same as when you die or are you restored to a 20 year old)
Do you start with all the knowlege gained in this life or is your memory erased? (what if you died with Alzheimers or dementia?)
Can you go and see people/family that you once knew? (if not heaven would be almost a torture)
Do they have technology in heaven?
Can you misbehave and get demoted to hell?
How do you earn a living?
What happens to your ailments etc?
What sort of food is available?
etc

OllyK 11 October 2006 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
And some related questions.

What is your bodily and mental state upon reaching heaven? (the same as when you die or are you restored to a 20 year old)
Do you start with all the knowlege gained in this life or is your memory erased? (what if you died with Alzheimers or dementia?)
Can you go and see people/family that you once knew? (if not heaven would be almost a torture)
Do they have technology in heaven?
Can you misbehave and get demoted to hell?
What happens to your ailments etc?
What sort of food is available?
etc

In herein lies so many of the problems. Some people say it is your soul, not your physical being that goes to heaven, in which case your virgins aren't going to be much use to you. The problem is nobody knows, so they have to make stuff up so that heaven is appealing and hell isn't so that you'll do what they tell you to do.

lozgti 11 October 2006 03:25 PM

Apparantly Ruth Kelly had a pop at them today.

I loved that story about the criminal evading police capture by wearing one.

scoobynutta555 11 October 2006 04:09 PM

One word sums everything up quite succinctly:

Jackanory.

Maz 11 October 2006 05:59 PM

Storybook International was better!:D

WR1Nikki 11 October 2006 09:01 PM

goin back to the original issue, i think jack straw is spot on, they live in our country they should live like us and stop walkin around lookin like a ****in penguine!

i think its ****in shockin how they get away with livin over here and not speak a word of english either! they do my head in!

Maz 11 October 2006 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by WR1Nikki
goin back to the original issue, i think jack straw is spot on, they live in our country they should live like us and stop walkin around lookin like a ****in penguine!

i think its ****in shockin how they get away with livin over here and not speak a word of english either! they do my head in!

What's your opinion on what should be done?:)

Maz 11 October 2006 09:11 PM

Duplicate post sorry.

WR1Nikki 11 October 2006 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
What's your opinion on what should be done?:)

if they dont do as they are told then send em back to where they came from, this is the uk we speak english and live the english way its about time "they" did too

Maz 11 October 2006 09:20 PM

if they dont do as they are told then send em back to where they came from, this is the uk we speak english and live the english way its about time "they" did too

I fully agree with your integration and participation ethos. However what about those that do as they are told and speak and live the English way?

Suresh 11 October 2006 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
I fully agree with your integration and participation ethos. However what about those that do as they are told and speak and live the English way?

Send them to live in muppets? :freak3:

clintyboy12 11 October 2006 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI

??? You are dead ??? technically not possible to earn a living... maybe earn a deading...:lol1:

Maz 12 October 2006 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Suresh
Send them to live in muppets? :freak3:

Do you have an objection to this?

gatty 12 October 2006 08:29 PM

hello cant be arsed to read 196 posts so i will just come in and give my opinion.

jack straw is a politition he licks there arses when needed and then comes out with statments like this to keep others happy, he wants every one sweet to keep his seat , spinless bas*ard, as are all the 3 main partys.

get the bnp up there they will sort the ninjas out

Maz 12 October 2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by gatty
hello cant be arsed to read 196 posts so i will just come in and give my opinion.

jack straw is a politition he licks there arses when needed and then comes out with statments like this to keep others happy, he wants every one sweet to keep his seat , spinless bas*ard, as are all the 3 main partys.

get the bnp up there they will sort the ninjas out

They'll have their work cut out, them ninjas are hard as fook you know!