ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   'Funny Man' Brand and Whoss ... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/721547-funny-man-brand-and-whoss.html)

New_scooby_04 30 October 2008 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8232894)
Respect his authoritah.

DEYTOOKHISJERB!!!!! ;)

PS Paul Grady just appeared on Skynews saying he can't believe the PM is getting involved when there is the credit crunch etc.. :thumb:

A member of the public has also commented that it "is a pity that certain sections of the press don't put as much effort into rallying protest about fuel tax etc as they do in vilifying two popular comedians for one questionable taste sketch. Small issues for small minds....." :thumb:

So I'd better stop posting on this thread pdq! ;) :lol1:

Nat 30 October 2008 11:07 AM

He's a lovable dieckensian rogue, women fall at his feet.

He is also very very funny and witty.

Obviously that is something the majority of SNET know nothing about :lol1:

Nat 30 October 2008 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8232955)
DEYTOOKHISJERB!!!!! ;)

PS Paul Grady just appeared on Skynews saying he can't believe the PM is getting involved when there is the credit crunch etc.. :thumb:

A member of the public has also commented that it "is a pity that certain sections of the press don't put as much effort into rallying protest about fuel tax etc as they do in vilifying two popular comedians for one questionable taste sketch. Small issues for small minds....." :thumb:

Who cares who's gonna be the next US president or what banks losing £20 Billion this week eh :lol1:

New_scooby_04 30 October 2008 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8232957)
He's a lovable dieckensian rogue, women fall at his feet.

He is also very very funny and witty.

Obviously that is something the majority of SNET know nothing about :lol1:

*looks up Dickensian* :lol1:

Nothing ironic about that description! :)

New_scooby_04 30 October 2008 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8232959)
Who cares who's gonna be the next US president :lol1:

Yeah, but now you're talking about outing a different kind of bush! ;) :D :norty:

Wenker Man 30 October 2008 11:23 AM

We have progress: Ross's TV show has been cancelled :luxhello:

Not that I care one iota about the phone messages, I just wanted rid of Ross for the sakes of it. Maybe they could replace it with a celebrity chat show that has a more entertaining presenter? Maybe bring back Angus Deayton LOL (joke: I find him pretty boring, as he's rubbish without a script).

Credit due to the Daily Mail readers, just shows they really are the ones who run this country.

Nat 30 October 2008 11:27 AM

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2109...fcc8ce153c.jpg

New_scooby_04 30 October 2008 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8232998)

:lol: :lol:

JTaylor 30 October 2008 11:59 AM

I thought it was funny. Feel a bit sorry for Sachs, but think it's fair to say that Georgina Baillie is a Satanic Slut.

New_scooby_04 30 October 2008 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 8233041)
it's fair to say that Georgina Baillie is a Satanic Slut.

For those who don't know, JTaylor isn't being abusive, this is the name of the pole dancing troop that Georgina is part of!

Ns04

Coffin Dodger 30 October 2008 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 8233041)
think it's fair to say that Georgina Baillie is a Satanic Slut.

I would though ;)

TelBoy 30 October 2008 12:12 PM

You would therefore i think you mean :D

Tam the bam 30 October 2008 12:20 PM

How would they like it if someone came into their bedroom in the middle of the night and drenched them in gin and started fondling their legs and then playing with their willy until it made a horrid mess? Not very much, is what I think. Filthy boys. We should kill them with lions.
BRITISH PUBLIC IN DEPRESSINGLY INCOHERENT OUTBURST - The Daily Mash

:lol1:

Leslie 30 October 2008 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Bat (Post 8232378)
Mary Whitehouse is alive and well......

I have to say that remark is a pretty good indication of your own character and style of thinking.

I was surprised to see that it had to be brought up that Kenny Everett was homosexual. That was well known at the time and did nothing to decrease his popularity which was as it should be. His skill and talent transcended any negative ideas that the public may have felt about his sexuality.

No one would have taken his comment about bombing Russia seriously and although his remark about Michael Foot's stick could be labelled mildly rude, it was nowhere near in the class of Ross and Brand's disgraceful behaviour.

At least Brand has had the good grace to resign, if in fact that was his own idea, and his apology, although hard to say whether sincere or not, was a step in the right direction.

I find it galling to see that while Ross is suspended, he is still being paid £16K a day for doing nothing even though no further proof is needed of what actually happened.

This whole business reduces to extremely bad behaviour in the face of public and moral decency. Anyone who thinks there was any form of acceptable humour involved needs to look closely at their own ideals. The fact that Andrew Sachs has said he does not wish to take any action against them is more of an indication of his forgiving nature rather than that the offence is not as bad as is being said.

If this sort of behaviour was condoned, it would be yet another step in the direction of total moral depravity which it where this country has been encouraged to be heading.

Les :(

Karl Wunout 30 October 2008 12:26 PM

The whole episode was embarrassingly immature at best. A pair of kids requiring supervision in future.

Though somebody released it and they should be the ones slapped between 2 bricks.

JTaylor 30 October 2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8233062)
For those who don't know, JTaylor isn't being abusive, this is the name of the pole dancing troop that Georgina is part of!

Ns04

Spoilsport. :cry:

JTaylor 30 October 2008 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Coffin Dodger (Post 8233065)
I would though ;)

Absolutely. Without hesitation.

I wonder how offended the myriad complainants would be about this:

http://salvationgroup.com/satanic/sluts/087r.jpg

coolangatta 30 October 2008 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by TopBanana (Post 8232727)
... or that they're in the middle of a media driven witch hunt and had no option?

I don't think you believe that at all.

coolangatta 30 October 2008 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by New_scooby_04 (Post 8232955)
DEYTOOKHISJERB!!!!! ;)

He forgot to say PM and 'opposition MP's'. Let's keep it balanced :) :thumb:

Flatcapdriver 30 October 2008 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8233101)
I have to say that remark is a pretty good indication of your own character and style of thinking.

I was surprised to see that it had to be brought up that Kenny Everett was homosexual. That was well known at the time and did nothing to decrease his popularity which was as it should be. His skill and talent transcended any negative ideas that the public may have felt about his sexuality.

No one would have taken his comment about bombing Russia seriously and although his remark about Michael Foot's stick could be labelled mildly rude, it was nowhere near in the class of Ross and Brand's disgraceful behaviour.

At least Brand has had the good grace to resign, if in fact that was his own idea, and his apology, although hard to say whether sincere or not, was a step in the right direction.

I find it galling to see that while Ross is suspended, he is still being paid £16K a day for doing nothing even though no further proof is needed of what actually happened.

This whole business reduces to extremely bad behaviour in the face of public and moral decency. Anyone who thinks there was any form of acceptable humour involved needs to look closely at their own ideals. The fact that Andrew Sachs has said he does not wish to take any action against them is more of an indication of his forgiving nature rather than that the offence is not as bad as is being said.

If this sort of behaviour was condoned, it would be yet another step in the direction of total moral depravity which it where this country has been encouraged to be heading.

Award for 'Most Pompous Post of the Year' goes to Les. If you'd actually followed Mr.Sachs' reactions you'd realise at no point did he want to take any action - shame the rest of the bandwagoners can't figure it out.

mrtheedge2u2 30 October 2008 01:15 PM

I have to say that whilst the gag (which was funny) may of been in bad taste I think that sacking them or forcing them to resign may of been over the top

It I had been the director at the BBC I would of said that to end the nonsense and make everyone happy I would of got Andrew Sachs to call Russel Brand up and abuse him by telling him that he also fukked his granddaughter.....

Everyone's happy

J4CKO 30 October 2008 01:15 PM

OK, they have both been suitably chastened, perhaps its time to move on, I think we need people like these two on telly, more so Russell Brand, he is very witty and free thinking, I like Jonathan Ross as well but I cant get past his creepy approach to female guests sometimes.

Brand has done the decent thing and has resigned and apologised, I fail to see, short of falling on a sword what else he can do ?

They got carried away and overstepped the mark, Andrew Sachs didnt deserve that but he will survive, his grandaughter has now acheived Z list celebrity status.

I think once they are back on the telly, and lets face it we arent going to get rid of them that easy it will have reigned them in a bit.

I read Brands Autobiography, he knows he is a cock, he apologises for being one but actually comes across as a quite decent bloke, I bet he stinks of fannies though :D

Nat 30 October 2008 01:16 PM

I bet his whole house smells of fingering.

mrtheedge2u2 30 October 2008 01:27 PM

when u go in the bath your get wrinkly fingers..... i bet Brands middle finger is permanently wrinkly and stinking of John Wests finest

coolangatta 30 October 2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8233239)
I bet his whole house smells of fingering.

Are you aiming your 'humour' at a prepubescent audience. School fence is a better bet. :)

Nat 30 October 2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8233270)
Are you aiming your 'humour' a prepubescent audience. School fence is a better bet. :)

I've been told off for hanging around schools though ;)

coolangatta 30 October 2008 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8233272)
I've been told off for hanging around schools though ;)

I doubt you're joking :freak3: ....Shivers....

SJ_Skyline 30 October 2008 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wenker Man (Post 8232990)
We have progress: Ross's TV show has been cancelled :luxhello:

Yes, and the BBC will be screening two episode of Fawlty Towers in its place ;)

scoobynutta555 30 October 2008 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 8233101)

Well said. A comparison to holding views like Mary Whitehouse is quite a strange one when you look at her blanket morality beliefs.

mrtheedge2u2 30 October 2008 01:42 PM

I hope Ross goes on air saying 'the BBC..... they know narthing' in a spanish accent