ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Subaru Parts (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/)
-   -   Genuine Scooby ECU chip upgrades - suits classics to 1996 (https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-parts-451/780225-genuine-scooby-ecu-chip-upgrades-suits-classics-to-1996-a.html)

magicsy 02 April 2010 05:33 PM

paid and waiting lol :D
looking forward to this. cheers for the help so far!

slyv12 02 April 2010 05:45 PM

any left?

Hi, i've got a 1995 wrx estate, 3" catback exhaust, pipercross cone filter and looking to fit a front mounted intercooler. Have you any chips left for this?

Thanks

magicsy 02 April 2010 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by slyv12 (Post 9324401)
Hi, i've got a 1995 wrx estate, 3" catback exhaust, pipercross cone filter and looking to fit a front mounted intercooler. Have you any chips left for this?

Thanks

sounds similar to mine. he will program it for that ;)

slyv12 02 April 2010 05:57 PM

Does that mean that if i get hold of some yellow 440 injectors and a td05 then he could allow for them in the map too? or would the ecu compensate and adjust on its own?

magicsy 02 April 2010 06:02 PM

think u have to have stock Injectors mate...sure he will be along soon. try pm him.

magicsy 09 April 2010 03:10 PM

Fitted my Chip today.
Wow love it. car is much more alive.
3rd gear has a nice strong pull.
driving about it feels smooth and pulls through the gears much better.
I had a few problems fitting but Steve sorted things out.
Well happy.
Cheers!

CHRIS575 01 May 2010 05:35 PM

94 wagon with td05

hi i fitted a tdo5 to my wagon and full decat system and ait filt also boost controller it has a 3b ecu at mo but want to fit newer ecu to suit tdo5 turbo and mods on car any suggestions (sti ecu?) was also going to fit bigger injectors pink sti ones be great full for some advise thansk!!

Major_Sarcasm 01 May 2010 05:42 PM

I can supply a chip that will suit your current mods no probs and your ECU will be updated to Z4 at the same time, two birds with one stone, etc.

If you fit bigger injectors, I can't help you with a chip. I'm sure there are other issues with fitting STI injectors and an STI ECU. Probably need the MAF that was fitted to the STI too. My chips run more boost than a standard STI anyway (and safer as it's mapped for UK SUL fuel). Have a read of my FAQ ;)

Major_Sarcasm 01 May 2010 05:42 PM

Boost controller is ok, but to be honest, the chip is better at controlling boost via the stock solenoid for these kinds of mods. It maps the boost levels throughout the rev range to suit fuelling and timing. An aftermarket boost controller won't do that.

dom-tune 03 May 2010 10:53 PM

you have pm

Major_Sarcasm 07 May 2010 12:25 AM

All PMs replied to. Thanks guys. Sorry for the slight delay.

Major_Sarcasm 15 May 2010 09:36 AM

Ran out of chips again a couple of weeks ago! I've managed to get some more now, although not many.

The people who've been waiting for me to get some more in, you can contact me again if you wish as I can now take payment.

All PMs replied to, couple more chips sent out yesterday! :)

Major_Sarcasm 15 May 2010 09:36 AM

Click once, get two posts! "Click one, get one free!"

Jamz_ 18 May 2010 11:50 AM

Had mine out for the first time over the weekend on track, and had a few problems with over boost issues... ive pin pointed it down to my standard boost controller, as i put a manual one in for the time being and it never over boosted, so will see if a new one will fix it.

Major_Sarcasm 18 May 2010 12:03 PM

Some of the older boost control solenoids are getting a bit tired. Before replacing it, you could just try giving it a damned good clean.

Jamz_ 18 May 2010 12:46 PM

Aye tried all that, put the car in test mode, break cleaner in all the ports/tubes a few times and still the same... could even be the map sensor maybe?

I've just been offered a Gizzmo at a good price, so might just get that and set it to 1.15bar

dom-tune 18 May 2010 09:34 PM

fitted mine causes a very big miss fire when boost comes in .going to put a new set of plugs in to see if that sorts it,anything else to look for?

morris77 18 May 2010 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz_ (Post 9404480)
Had mine out for the first time over the weekend on track, and had a few problems with over boost issues... ive pin pointed it down to my standard boost controller, as i put a manual one in for the time being and it never over boosted, so will see if a new one will fix it.

i had the same problem found the restrictor pill was missing fitted a new 1 and all's good :thumb:

Major_Sarcasm 18 May 2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by dom-tune (Post 9405430)
fitted mine causes a very big miss fire when boost comes in .going to put a new set of plugs in to see if that sorts it,anything else to look for?

Dom, there's a section in the FAQ about misfires. Probably coil packs to be honest. They get a lot more stressed with the higher boost.

dom-tune 19 May 2010 08:18 AM

can i clean them or will new ones be needed ?i fitted the switch to the resister so i have set it back at mo going to have a look at weekend

Major_Sarcasm 19 May 2010 08:34 AM

Don't forget that the ignition needs to be off when switching maps.

If you take the coil packs out, you'll probably find that the bakelite bit at end that slots over the plugs is cracked. You might be able to get a bit more life out of them by wrapping the end with insulation tape but this is a very temporary measure.

Major_Sarcasm 19 May 2010 08:34 AM

Hmm, seem to be double-posting a lot lately!

Stoff1 19 May 2010 02:28 PM

Are there many more of these left?
i have a 1995 wrx import running a cone filter and decat system thats only really get used properly on track.
Is it worth fitting to my car as obviously when on track im 90% in the high revs so really wouldnt want any boost issues.
I dont have a boost controller or gauge and im not sure what ecu is in there but will it fir straight in or are there soldering things to be done.
Sorry for all the questions but if this can save me 600+ on a simtek then all is good.

Jamz_ 19 May 2010 11:32 PM

You should really have boost guage on the car if its a track car, along with oil pressure and oil temp...

Yes this needs soldering into the ecu (only if there is no socket on there for the chip)

Major_Sarcasm 19 May 2010 11:33 PM

Boost issues are generally caused by worn boost control solenoids. If yours is ok, you shouldn't get any probs.

A boost gauge is pretty much essential once you go over standard I feel.

Major_Sarcasm 19 May 2010 11:33 PM

I click on 'post quick reply' once and I get 2 posts!

dom-tune 20 May 2010 08:20 PM

ignition defo off when switching .ok will look at weekend if thay are bad i wll just fitt new one's .thanks for your help ,did get 1.1bar at one point so i am looking forward to give it the full beans

craigib76 31 May 2010 04:02 PM

do you still have any of these chips left??

Major_Sarcasm 31 May 2010 04:17 PM

Yes mate. Have a read of the FAQ in my signature and if you're still in the market, send me a quick PM.

Bugsey_Malone 02 June 2010 05:08 PM

Right, finally got my scoob going sweet, after the extra boost soon found out my cracked coil packs. After checking and replacing them as needed i can confirm some very pleasing results:
1. Do not hesitate in purchasing if you are concerned with vendor. I had numerous problems along the route , all being my circumstances and not the product. Major Sarcasm did everything he could to help me and provided me with more after market care than alot of major retailers :notworthy
2. My car drives much more smoothly and when not toe-ing it, returns a better mpg. Gloucester to Reading @ 80 on £40 , and still had good quarter tank left, so not much more than £25 :)
3. What you`re waiting to hear, the performance has increased, very nicely. Going from my TD04 to TD05, then TD05 plus chip was night and day. Pulls really nicely throughout. Most cost effective part i have purchased so far, with satisfaction per pound in mind.

I`ll be popping it on the rollers again soon and put the graph, with the one done 2 months ago (94 WRX Wagon standard) on this thread so comparisons can be made.

Thanks again Major S.