ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

jasey 01 September 2009 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8914777)
Jasey you may have to give up your "CFH" for Brownpants :lol1:

:mad:

Was thinking the same :lol1:.

Bravo2zero_sps 01 September 2009 09:49 AM

So the transfer window closes at 5pm and no one signing for us. We sell 2 players for £40m over the summer and bring one in for £10m. Wonder who the 2 players to go next season will be? Fabregas and Arshavin at a guess for another £40-£50m depending on how their season goes and all the money put straight back in the Highbury development black hole just as it did this summer :rolleyes:

Bring back David Dein and get rid of that old fart Peter Hill-Wood :thumb:

Oh and to those who have previously told me it's nonsense about the Highbury black hole:

Arsenal count cost as property slump hits Highbury development - Telegraph

Premier League: Arsenal are at the mercy of a single investor from Singapore who has committed to buying 100 flats at Highbury complex | Football | The Guardian

:thumb:

Funkii Munkii 01 September 2009 11:05 AM

Is it done yet ?

Any pics, and dont point me in the direction of the Arsenal site the pics wont open, and I wouldn't want to soil my hard drive ;)

DJ Dunk 01 September 2009 04:49 PM

Two game ban it is.

http://www.uefa.com/uefa/keytopics/k...id=881429.html

DaveBeck 01 September 2009 05:11 PM

Lets see if it carrys on :thumb:

imo a fair punishment for key incidents. If this happens across the board no gooners should complain. Except maybe B2Z ;)

P1Fanatic 01 September 2009 05:15 PM

I really hope that it is followed through across the board but I doubt it.

Simon

Bravo2zero_sps 01 September 2009 05:34 PM

Dave more than happy if it is applied equally from that point on. However Messi didn't get sent off in the Super Cup even though he clearly headbutted an opponent in front of the ref so with incidents like that going unpunished it's all a joke. If you are one of UEFA's golden boys/clubs you will get away anything you like. In addition to that look at that t!t Eboue's dive the other day, got a yellow card and nothing more so how can Eduardo feel happy it is across the board?

DaveBeck 01 September 2009 05:36 PM

I know mate, just joshing to see if id get a bite :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 01 September 2009 05:39 PM

:lol1: I've got a real bee in my bonnet with UEFA at the moment as they are so two faced and get away with it and it is always Arsenal who get the worst of it. Nothing to do of course that tw4t Platini hates Wenger ;)

jasey 02 September 2009 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8915744)
Nothing to do of course that tw4t Platini hates Wenger ;)

He's not the only one ;):D.

Really hope Arsenal don't appeal this - but have a feeling they might !

DaveBeck 02 September 2009 09:30 AM

Think your right Jasey. If we had beat Mancs on weekend maybe it would of been forgotten, but i havent seen Wenger this pissed in awhile. Could be a good sign that he wants to win something no matter what it takes or maybe he hasnt been laid in awhile, who knows :D

Page 7 already and we are only 3 games in lol

Bravo2zero_sps 02 September 2009 09:38 AM

What he should know is that it was a mistake not to get Vieira back when he had a chance as Denilson just isn't strong enough to play a defensive/holding role along side Song yet. Song has stepped up to the mark but Denilson has not yet and will need another season or two at least. Vieira was needed for the big games like against Utd at the weekend to provide that extra defensive stability in front of the back 4. It boils down again to lack of experience already just as it has the last 4 seasons.

He can be as p!ssed as he wants but ultimately it is his own doing that we will struggle again this season. 1 signing all summer is unacceptable especially when the rest of the squad, especially the big names have been calling for more big names to be signed. Not strengthening the squad is just p!ssing the squad off and the big names will leave. If we don't win the league or CL this season Cesc will go next summer i'm sure of it.

DaveBeck 02 September 2009 10:08 AM

Why Vieira? I wanted him too but i think he maybe past the fast pace of the PL. IMO Song held his own against a good Man U middle 3. Everyone says they played poor, but maybe they played poor because they were outplayed. Song has stepped up and imo should always start. He is strong enough, quick enough and now reads the game well.
If we was going to go for a Defensive Midfielder i would have Vieira back but on a free but we need someone in their prime if he is going to knock Song out the team

Denilson is like Diaby for me, inconsistant. Diaby will have a good season if he stays injury free. once he has fully adapted his game he will be a very good player

We need depth not first team players. im loving the new formation and when Nasri and sick note Rosicky get back we will have an Awesome attack, even Bender has been looking good(except against Man U)

We are going to lose Cesc either way, we all know it. I love his ability but we do not reley on him, we outplayed the mancs at their gaff without him and went for long stints last season without him. He will be a loss but not as big as people think.

3 games in and im more than happy with our start. next test is City and as long as Wengers comments havent effected the teams mentality we have nothing to fear

Bravo2zero_sps 02 September 2009 10:42 AM

I meant Vieira to play alongside Song. He has been playing Denilson alongside Song and he isn't good enough in the big games which is where Vieira would come in. Couldn't play all season and wouldn't need to but his experience is what would be needed in the big games.

Unfortunately I don't have the same feelings on Diaby, I think he absolute sh!te and not good enough to be in that team and can't stand watching him play, it's like car crash telly when you see him on the ball, just mistake after mistake after mistake. He is worse than Denilson at giving the ball away. Keeping Diaby and letting Diarra leave was a huge error by Wenger.

I agree on Nasri and Rosicky but they both need lengthy periods free of injury to have any impact. Again on Cesc I agree, i'm all for the old way we had of 2 central defensive midfielders like Vieira and Gilberto and have the creativity come in from the wings with the likes of Arshavin, Walcott, Nasri, Wilshere and Rosicky all of who can cut defences wide open.

STi wanna Subaru 02 September 2009 11:03 AM

Vieira is past it lads and Wenger only spoke up to keep him out of the clutches of Spurs.

Bravo2zero_sps 02 September 2009 11:18 AM

He may well be past it for a full season in the PL but his experience and input into the dressing room for the players such as Denilson to learn from would be invaluable as well as playing in the bigger games. He certainly can't be past it for Serie A as Maureen is no mug and has kept him at the club.

DaveBeck 02 September 2009 12:23 PM

I know what you mean on Diaby and car crash but he does have moments of brilliance and its getting more consitant. look at pompey game.

this is my team id have same back 5 as playing with song infront. Cesc and Rosicky/Diaby RVP on left wing and Walcott/Nasri on right Arshavin/Eduardo upfront.

obviously they can all move around but id love 2 attacking midfielders in the middle

STi wanna Subaru 02 September 2009 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8916900)
He may well be past it for a full season in the PL but his experience and input into the dressing room for the players such as Denilson to learn from would be invaluable as well as playing in the bigger games. He certainly can't be past it for Serie A as Maureen is no mug and has kept him at the club.

His legs have gone for the pace of the prem. Sorry but you're looking through rose tinted specs. He's always been a bit of a mercenary as well so I'd debate if his influence in the dressing room would be a good thing or not.

I don't think there's a lot wrong with Arsenal personally except they still will try to overplay at times.

DaveBeck 05 September 2009 08:05 PM

And its happened.

Sky Sports | Football | News | Djourou suffers injury blow

Bravo2zero_sps 05 September 2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8923846)

I don't know what's worse, that or this!

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Arsenal | Ljungberg linked with Arsenal

:freak3:

Bravo2zero_sps 12 September 2009 10:09 PM

No comments on today's wonderful performance? Oh dear Wenger how many seasons are you going to go before putting in some defensive central midfielders to replace Vieira and Gilberto? Bellamy would never have been allowed to have run through the middle all game in the days of Vieira and Gilberto :rolleyes:

As for Adebeyor what a total utter c***. Firstly for stamping on Van Perie's face, what a lovely hole in his cheek he had to show for it and then the goal celebration, don't know about yellow it should have been red. Hope he gets further discipline for it.

DaveBeck 12 September 2009 10:16 PM

whats to say about it lol

Bravo2zero_sps 12 September 2009 10:23 PM

:lol1: i'm just watching it a 2nd time on Football First just to see if I can find anything positive from the game but I think i'll be pushing my imagination ;)

DaveBeck 12 September 2009 10:31 PM

On the plus side, my dream team did well today :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 12 September 2009 10:32 PM

Almunia's goal's a cracker :lol1:

Funkii Munkii 13 September 2009 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8934466)
You'd better hope the 2-1 defeat at Old T doesn't have the same affect as when Phil Nev smashed the Invincibles all over the shop, they never recovered after that match imo.

Ummm

Maybe history is repeating itself, cant believe you let City do you 4-2 !!

As for the Togoan, as you say C**t, that is a fookin disgrace, give him a 10 game ban.

DaveBeck 13 September 2009 10:30 AM

Still havent seen it, when we lose in circumstances like that, i never watch MOTD as it winds me up again :lol1:

pauld37 13 September 2009 06:31 PM

He appoligised for the goal celebration saying it was in the heat of the moment. But players playing against former teams must play in their minds what they'd do if they did score, most seem to keep celebrating down to a minimum.

Great seeing the Arse fans busting a few blood vessels in the crowd though :D

davyboy 13 September 2009 10:36 PM

Van rapist deserved the kick.

The gooner fans are a joke. Call someone a wanker for 90 mins and when he celebrates his goal you all cry and throw things. How mature.

Bravo2zero_sps 13 September 2009 10:44 PM

:lol1: at the above effort trying to get a bite