ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

chocolate_o_brian 14 September 2009 07:22 AM

Is there any footage of the stamp incident or goal celebration?

jasey 14 September 2009 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8939908)
Is there any footage of the stamp incident or goal celebration?

adebayor stamp - Google Videos

Dirty cnut :mad:

Bravo2zero_sps 14 September 2009 08:12 AM

The close up they showed on Football First was 100% incriminating. As Van Persie claimed, Adebeyor's foot should be pulling away and instead lunges forward on his face. As clear a stamp as you can get.

ilogikal1 14 September 2009 08:23 AM

He wouldn't have got stamped on if he could tackle properly :D

Not that, that excuses Adebeyor's actions in any way, shape or form.

STi wanna Subaru 14 September 2009 09:19 AM

A one game ban will do. Just so he misses the derby on Sun.

Funkii Munkii 14 September 2009 09:37 AM

You know the more I see it the worse it gets, RVP could have lost an eye, this is up there with Hartson vs Berkovic, the FA need to be strong here and follow UEFA example and dish out a big ban

YouTube - Adebayour Stamp on RVP

LOL just read this

"I was trying to kick the ball"

I think the witch Doctor had tampered with it because it grew hair and eyes !!

LUCKO 14 September 2009 06:28 PM

Eduardo wins his appeal :eek:

Bravo2zero_sps 14 September 2009 07:13 PM

hahahaha Platini fcuk you. UEFA realised what a monumental cock up they had made in that they could never maintain such a ruling going forward so had to back track.

Funkii Munkii 14 September 2009 10:19 PM

"I'm very pleased that we have finally arrived at the truth" Said Eduardo

But what is the truth ?

That he was physically touched by the keeper ?

or

That the very very slightest of touches caused him to fly through the air as if he'd been smashed from behind.

UEFA Bottled it by declaring "Following examination of all the evidence, notably the declarations of both the referee and the referees' assessor, as well as the various video footage, it was not established to our satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty." Er why didn't they do that initially, oh yeah they did, Arsene said UEFA were making a dangerous precedent, well they wont be charging anyone else with diving after this decision

The guy dived, I couldn't care less about UEFA, they've been cluless for years, they've now mad ea rod for their own backs with this decision.

I just find it sad that he's got away with it and he's now lording it up, I'd have kept my mouth shut thinking how lucky I was.

Funkii Munkii 15 September 2009 02:32 PM

Charged on both counts by the FA

A no brainer really

pauld37 15 September 2009 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by LUCKO (Post 8941115)
Eduardo wins his appeal :eek:

Who said the Gooners would win nothing this season ;)

STi wanna Subaru 15 September 2009 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8941926)
"I'm very pleased that we have finally arrived at the truth" Said Eduardo

But what is the truth ?

That he was physically touched by the keeper ?

or

That the very very slightest of touches caused him to fly through the air as if he'd been smashed from behind.

UEFA Bottled it by declaring "Following examination of all the evidence, notably the declarations of both the referee and the referees' assessor, as well as the various video footage, it was not established to our satisfaction that the referee had been deceived in taking his decision on the penalty." Er why didn't they do that initially, oh yeah they did, Arsene said UEFA were making a dangerous precedent, well they wont be charging anyone else with diving after this decision

The guy dived, I couldn't care less about UEFA, they've been cluless for years, they've now mad ea rod for their own backs with this decision.

I just find it sad that he's got away with it and he's now lording it up, I'd have kept my mouth shut thinking how lucky I was.

Nail on the head FM. Nobody at all comes out of this well. The game is tarnished because they are failing to address the issue. Eduardo is a wanker. Wenger is doing his job so I cant really fault him but we know he's spouting bull and the governing bodies have made themselves look about as competent as the FA.

Bravo2zero_sps 15 September 2009 05:19 PM

:lol1: at the Utd supporters now the games biggest diver has left their club. I wonder every time Ronaldo dived were you jumping up and down in rage screaming for him to be banned and UEFA make an example of him? No? I didn't think so :lol1: The game was tarnished long ago when no one took action against Ronaldo and Drogba who were diving week in week out and got away with it every time. You still have a serial diver in Rooney but I don't hear you demanding for him to be made an example of?

STi wanna Subaru 15 September 2009 07:03 PM

2 wrongs don't make a right.... :p

;)

DaveBeck 15 September 2009 07:21 PM

PMSL @ Paul. Things are looking up mate :lol1:

They bottled it because they knew the can of worms that had been opened but Eduardo needs to shut up.

We all know it was a dive but because the keeper made a minute touch on way down it saved him. look at Eboue's dive against the mancs. he wasn't touched lol

DaveBeck 15 September 2009 07:22 PM

Just seen the Ade tackle. what a ****ing ****!!!!!

Funkii Munkii 16 September 2009 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8943171)
:lol1: at the Utd supporters now the games biggest diver has left their club. I wonder every time Ronaldo dived were you jumping up and down in rage screaming for him to be banned and UEFA make an example of him? No? I didn't think so :lol1: The game was tarnished long ago when no one took action against Ronaldo and Drogba who were diving week in week out and got away with it every time. You still have a serial diver in Rooney but I don't hear you demanding for him to be made an example of?

B2Z
It has nothing to do with the Gooners and me being a United fan, it's all about the way it was handled, irrespective of who it was, my points are made very clearly :thumb:

See Dave's response, he knows it makes sense guvnor :D

Bravo2zero_sps 16 September 2009 11:07 AM

FM the point is when the likes of Drogba and Ronaldo among others (as well as plenty of it going on in foreign leagues - probably more so) have been doing it for years and no one bats an eyelid do the authorities jump down the throats of Arsenal as soon as one of our players takes a dive? He is not a serial diver (Eboue is and he never gets banned) and is his first offence that I know of and he gets all this thrown at him.

Fine to stamp it out and make an example of someone but at least do it to one of the games famous divers to show you are serious about it. Picking on a player who is not known for it but to then let Rooney get away with it (which he did in the England game) and players such as Drogba and Ronaldo go unpunished just isn't workable and is exactly why they have back tracked. The sh!t UEFA were going to get if they maintained the ruling wasn't something they could have coped with. Arsenal for one would have been looking at every game ready for a dive and then putting it to UEFA for an explanation. You can not pick on a single player and let everyone else get away with it.

Funkii Munkii 16 September 2009 11:54 AM

I agree with everything you've said, but we were discussing this case, my point was UEFA attempted to make a stand against it then bottled, so based on this case they really cant make an example of anyone else can they. They should have stuck by it and done every other f*cker whon tried it on, ban the lot of them they'd soon think twice, they missed a golden opportunity imo.

As for my comments about his response, well they're self explanitary :thumb:

Bravo2zero_sps 16 September 2009 12:09 PM

Yep he's an idiot for saying anything publicy but then all footballers are self publicising idiots ;)

The problem with doing something about it is that every trip/fall/dive in every game in Europe would have to be scrutinised to see if it was a dive or not to uphold such a ruling and who is going to be able to do that job? The only option is to let refs handle it and give out red cards when they think it's a dive. The ref's are going to have to get more tough to make players stay on their feet. They are big boys after all yet an awful lot seem to fall over easier than school kids playing footie in the playground.

Funkii Munkii 16 September 2009 02:42 PM

Time for a fourth official with instant replays in the stands with direct contact with the ref, but that would mean every match needing the facilities to make it a level playing field and that would be too expensive.

Oh well nothing will change and we'll all be able to moan about it still :D

FlightMan 16 September 2009 08:10 PM

Gooners going well this evening I see.

DaveBeck 16 September 2009 08:12 PM

:lol1:

worse opening 4 minutes since Robbie Fowler

hodgy0_2 16 September 2009 09:36 PM

get in

up the gooners

Bravo2zero_sps 16 September 2009 10:11 PM

Absolutely shocking performance and summed up
all my criticisms of Wengers refusal to buy experienced players in the summer. Diaby and Bendtner were absolute sh1te so I couldn't believe it when those two combined to score. Fabregas has given up wanting to perform for us this season and will be off to Barca next summer. Without Arshavin we have little flair and struggle to score. Vermaelen is our only quality defender. We desperately need the injured players such as Walcott and Arshavin back. We are looking increasingly like a mid table team with performances like tonights :rolleyes:

FlightMan 16 September 2009 10:27 PM

Well done Gooners. 3 pts is 3 pts.

Funkii Munkii 16 September 2009 11:41 PM

How did AC get on ;)

chocolate_o_brian 17 September 2009 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8946557)
How did AC get on ;)

:lol1:

DaveBeck 17 September 2009 10:46 AM

As said 3pts is 3 pts in CL. 2nd half we dominated completely.

the formation doesnt work with eduardo on wing. Rosicky looked like he is getting sharper.
Gallas wasnt great but i think they were shell shocked in 4 minutes after that the back 4 were faultless i think(nothing jumps out)

good start if you ask me

Bravo2zero_sps 17 September 2009 11:12 AM

Rosicky in the 2nd half definitely improved and his long ball over the top to Bendtner was inch perfect and was Bergkamp precision. Shame that Danish dimwit was too slow to take a shot :rolleyes:

The current formation as you say does not work. We don't have a World class striker like we had in Henry who we can rely on to score goals. Van Persie and Bendtner are not up to the job and are a couple of primadonas who I wouldn't have in the squad, they should be sold off. I'd rather see Vela and Eduardo playing as the two front men with Arshavin behind them with Walcott and Rosicky on the wings. Then we would have a decent looking attack. Currently it is impotent and looks on paper totally useless, certainly nothing to strike fear in to the opposition's defence.

Clichy needs a kick up the ar$e and should be dropped for a number of games and bring Gibbs in. Eboue was shockingly bad as usual last night. Diaby is laughable and can't pass or defend and is a waste of time. He did one good thing all game which was set Bendtner up but that is not enough to offset all his awful mistakes all game. He gives the ball away as much as Denilson does and it costs us goals. Vermaelen is a rock and been a real revelation after i had my doubts about him due to his height. He is class. Song had a bad game and played like last season and not the improved player he has been so far this season.

Fabregas did nothing all game and his set pieces were useless. As I said above I don't think his heart is in it any more. I think i'd rather see Wilshere play as his creativity and energy is superb when he is on the pitch.

Wenger needs to take a hard look at last night and understand that formation does not and will not ever work. It's all very well saying we got the 3 points but one goal should have been disallowed and Eduardo's goal was a lucky deflection off his knee which could have gone anywhere. It was not a convincing 3 points but a very fortunate 3 points. We can't really on fortune as we get very little of it.